Del Rio out for UT - Sprained MCL, will miss 2 weeks at minimum

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Appleby was a gamer at Purdue also. Never got rattled from what I saw - he just tried to force the ball too much resulting in some interceptions.

Had lunch this week with a Purdue grad. Suggested we take Appleby's stat's with a grain of salt. He said the Purdue transfers, including the one at LSU, played behind atrocious offensive lines.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I feel bad for Del Rio. Three more games and Grier would have been back. I wonder if he regrets transferring. And we are perpetually cursed at the QB position since Tebow.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Had lunch this week with a Purdue grad. Suggested we take Appleby's stat's with a grain of salt. He said the Purdue transfers, including the one at LSU, played behind atrocious offensive lines.

Not to mention he'll have better coaching and Callaway.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is I've seen Appleby throw 6 or 7 passes now (without being under much duress) and most of them weren't in the same zip code as the receiver. Frankly he's looked absolutely cringe-worthy with the small sample size we've seen.

Maybe he'll suddenly turn into Dan Marino, but I seriously doubt it. Play the freshman. There is no future with AA.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You can just watch the way he throws and say "that's not a good QB." Guys he is brutal.

Going to have to win this Tenn game with defense and a sound run game (haven't heard that before) and hope Appleby can make a few plays. Hope I'm wrong and he turns into a baller

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
All I know is I've seen Appleby throw 6 or 7 passes now (without being under much duress) and most of them weren't in the same zip code as the receiver. Frankly he's looked absolutely cringe-worthy with the small sample size we've seen.

Maybe he'll suddenly turn into Dan Marino, but I seriously doubt it. Play the freshman. There is no future with AA.

First, he's not replacing Dan Marino. It's not like LDR was lighting it up.
Second, while I agree that the freshmen are the future, they should have seen playing time in these first three games.
Third, I can't imagine Mac giving a freshman (1) his first start, (2) in the fourth game of the year, (3) on the road (4) in Neyland Stadium, (5) without them every having taken a snap when (6) you have an experienced backup.
Four, we are one injury away from having your wish. Mac had better have the freshmen ready to come in.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Third, I can't imagine Mac giving a freshman (1) his first start, (2) in the fourth game of the year, (3) on the road (4) in Neyland Stadium, (5) without them every having taken a snap when (6) you have an experienced backup.
Spurrier would have.

All I know is the fans in the first ten rows are in imminent danger if AA starts this week. They should be given written warnings (and perhaps helmets) as they walk in.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Spurrier would have.

All I know is the fans in the first ten rows are in imminent danger if AA starts this week. They should be given written warnings (and perhaps helmets) as they walk in.

I don't know that he would have started Trask over Appleby in this situation, but he would not have been afraid to pull Appleby. I'd love to hear SOS's comments.

And Appleby is not THAT bad. LOL

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fans at the game should dress like this gal if AA is under center:

patriots-fan-wearing-a-helmet-checked-her-cell-phone-in-the-stands-picture-id500243586

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
My guess is you won't be saying that by the end of the 1st quarter next week.
I don't think they even trust AA. The little time he's gotten so far and the fact they don't let him throw when he does makes me really wonder. Hopefully they practice all 3 like its the super bowl. If we have to make in game changes we need to.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think they even trust AA. The little time he's gotten so far and the fact they don't let him throw when he does makes me really wonder.
Bingo. Don't think Mac likes AA at all. If he did, he would have immediately named him the starter at the press conference.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have to remember SOS using Brindise with success.
Saying that, leaves it open to who does what in practise.
I think all our QBs will grow toward being like a starting QB via knowing each is competing
to be a hero for their teammates, to really help out these buddies. I guess I'm turned off by
AA having enough experience at Purdue to perform better than he has here. AA should
step up now, but he should have captured starting QB at Purdue and never lost it.

On top of it all, Mac should have had us far enough ahead of U Mass that AA got serious
in-game work at "leading" this team. (I'm thinking that what Mac saw of AA made him not
feel safe enough to go to AA.) LDR isn't "lights-out" QB ... so there should not be a big
difference between him and our other guys. Anyway, if AA starts then Trask has to be
practice-trained to be seriously ready to take over ... if AA gets dinged or plays lousy.

Last edited:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
What's with the focus on size and age? Appleby can't play well period. Put him out there and we lose. if we're back to muschamp game management I won't be able to take it. I'd rather give the team the chance to win rather than managing a loss.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I'm really starting to regret my decision to order a custom made Del Rio jersey......

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator