Del Rio out for UT - Sprained MCL, will miss 2 weeks at minimum

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not abandoning ship yet.

Don't know what we have with AA but cautiously optimistic. I think we will throw a lot of 3/4 yard passes and count on YAC to help us. Having Cal back will force UT to respect the deep ball even if we only throw it once or twice.

If this was a home game I'd feel very good about our chances but being on the road, i think it's a toss up right now.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can tell you one thing, Felipe Franks is not ready for prime time. Putting him in against Tennessee would be a disaster. Trask would be the better option of the two. But I'll go with Applebee's and try to win the game with field position, defense and the running game with some shorter safe passes thrown in. You know, Mushmouth ball. It's ugly but it worked every time in the past.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
DRC

North Texas junior defensive end Joshua Wheeler (18) tackles Southern Methodist senior quarterback Matt Davis (4), Saturday, September 3, 2016, in Denton, Texas, and ends his season with a torn ACL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can tell you one thing, Felipe Franks is not ready for prime time.
You dont know that. You just know he was errant his first couple of drives in the spring game and good in the last.

If AA plays well and we need mopup duty during the next North Texas game, it will probably be Trash. No one cares about losing a year for him just for a quarter or two of mopup.

If its serious game time, if AA fails or is hurt, Feleipe will porbably get the ball.

I know if bothers some of you people that Mac always says Feleipe after AA.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
DRC

North Texas junior defensive end Joshua Wheeler (18) tackles Southern Methodist senior quarterback Matt Davis (4), Saturday, September 3, 2016, in Denton, Texas, and ends his season with a torn ACL.

hmm interesting.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You dont know that. You just know he was errant his first couple of drives in the spring game and good in the last.

If AA plays well and we need mopup duty during the next North Texas game, it will probably be Trash. No one cares about losing a year for him just for a quarter or two of mopup.

If its serious game time, if AA fails or is hurt, Feleipe will porbably get the ball.

You just cant stand the fact that Trask could actually be good and you would have to back peddle and eat crow. I hope he puts Trask in and he throws for 450 yards and 5 tds.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
People need to calm down Appleby said he goes against the best defense every day in practice so the Gators will be fine going into Tennessee.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015

Franks is by far the worst option on the team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You just cant stand the fact that Trask could actually be good and you would have to back peddle and eat crow. I hope he puts Trask in and he throws for 450 yards and 5 tds.

Are you serious. If Trask was anything like that even as a true freshman Del Rio wouldn't be on the field.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lol:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

No I don't. And neither do you. I know that Trask looked much more poised and appeared to have just as good of an arm as Franks. He also appeared to understand where to go with the ball. And I've heard more positive comments from players about Trask's abilities than Franks. I'll go with Trask. I realize you've invested a lot of time trashing him so I'm sure that's clouding your judgement.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I said in the off-season if we see Trask our season is over.

Let's get Appleby ready. Is there a clarabell in the house?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
DRC

The videos are online, obviously a dirty player.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chill the f*ck out, people. First of all, we don't yet know the extent of Del Rio's injury. It could be just a week out or a two-, three- or four-game thing, or it could be the season. Regardless, the coaching staff has identified the second best quarterback on the roster and for reasons that go beyond our knowledge. He has a better skillset than Del Rio from what I can see. Now, can he run the playbook the way Nussmeier would like him to? We'll see.

We weren't going to compete for the CFP this year anyway. Our realistic goals are still in front of us. We have a tremendous stable of running backs and one of the top five defenses in the country. Have faith. Stranger things have happened than UF beating Tennessee in flipping Knoxville.

With every door that closes, a new one opens. Embrace it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
DRC

Interesting. I guess this kid does have a history of cheap shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator