Democrat Congressman facing sexual assault allegations says Pelosi etc gave millions to his campaign

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gator Fever, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

1. Gator Fever

Gator Fever Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $261
    Ratings:
    +4,235 / -66
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nevada-democrat-accused-sexual-misconduct-resign/story?id=51599790

Amid allegations of sexual harassment, embattled freshman Democratic Rep. Ruben Kihuen vowed he will not resign from his post, despite calls from Democratic leaders that he step aside.

Instead, Kihuen is digging in with a shocking allegation of his own, taking aim at the leaders of his own party. In an interview with ABC News, Kihuen, D-Nev., said party leaders knew last year about a former campaign staffer’s allegations of misconduct but stood by his campaign nonetheless. Kihuen questioned why they are calling for his resignation now, more than a year later.

“I do find it interesting that the DCCC, Leader [Nancy] Pelosi and Chairman Ben Ray Lujan -- they knew about these allegations last year,” Kihuen said. “They looked into them. They didn't find anything, and they continued investing millions of dollars in my campaign. They went out there and campaigned for me.”

Campaign records show the DCCC spent at least $3.15 million in the race. Sources insist the campaign committee would not have proceeded with its financial support of Kihuen’s general election campaign if they had known the scope of the allegations, first detailed by BuzzFeed on Friday.....
    -----------------------------------------

Not sure exactly what to think here and I do think there needs to be more than he said-she said to force someone to step down if they say the claims are false. I find it funny with how the Dems are acting this guy is claiming this however.