Dennis Dodd thinks Mac may leave UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is going to be an early Gator so he could be replaced after he is in school.
Or demoted, then encouraged to do the right thing.

We desperately need a competent coordinator on staff to be the interim when Butters gets fired and a fvkking coCaine aint it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So the buyout is $3M the kickout is $12M. :scratchchin: I'd happily pay the $3M if someone wants him.
I think I'm doing this correctly. The buyout is 12.5 mil this year and 10 mil next year. Of course, if we keep him, we have to pay him 4.5 for next year. And there is the cost of lowered income from retaining a terrible coach. It was about 10 mil less when we kept Chimp after 4-8. (Remember that income actually increased bc of the first year of the SECN contract but the gate, donations everything else dropped a little over 10.)

The numbers are big and it will hurt, but it actually costs no less to fire him now. It is sizeable but that is on Foley and his terrible contracts. Sunken costs.

The noise is the system in going to skyrocket in the next six weeks. There will be noise to fire Stricklin too if he Foleys this. Stricklin has zero goodwill built up and Butters is the least liked coach since the 70s imo. Zook and Chimp both had some strong supporters among the Bulls and others. Butters has nothing.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
So the buyout is $3M the kickout is $12M. :scratchchin: I'd happily pay the $3M if someone wants him.

You must be quite rich if you have 3M to spend. Or maybe you mean that say Bull Gators or the AD would pay that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As a fan of a Big Sky team before I moved to Gainesville in 1989, I have to say Mac has Big Sky Conference coach written all over him.

And go Lumberjacks.
Northern Arizona, eh? What’s the story behind that? Originally from there?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I really don't understand his humongous buyout if we fire Mac. When the guy was hired it is not like he was some hot commodity coach. Nobody outside Alabama even knew his name. And yet our genius AD treated him like another Nick Saban by throwing all that money at him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Northern Arizona, eh? What’s the story behind that? Originally from there?
Lived there from 86 to 89 and enjoyed many games in the largest wooden dome in the world.

362_5272.jpg

362_5272_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.