Dennis Rodman is going to the summit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5-Star Finger, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Okeechobee Joe

Okeechobee Joe Lost Ball in High Grass
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,923
    Ratings:
    +6,373 / -17
    I'd say Dennis has been to the summit and back a few times already.

2. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $447
    Ratings:
    +1,691 / -242
    This was written in the agreement? Who will verify? What is the timel
    North Korea previously pledged denuclearization in 1985, 1992, 1994, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2016. But now he is going to destroy his nukes. Trump gave away something to NK but we have gotten anything.

"the POTUS expects NK to announce the destruction"

Is it possible to have a more vague promise? I promise one day to think about the possibility of possibly thinking about maybe dismantling some of the nuclear elements of our arsenal, possibly. We also possibly could agree to consider permanently shutting down the missile site that collapse a few months ago, possibly. But we wont put any of this in writing. In exchange for these vague promises, we will give China what it wants, cancelling our legal military exercises that China hates, but Japan and South Korea like. Victory!! Even Trump said that when Kim bails it wont be his fault. At this point Trump could dump pigsh!t on conservatives plates and conservatives would find a way to say t.
    Trump Says He Got Korea Idea from Putin

"Around the same time, Mr. Trump had an idea about how to counter the nuclear threat posed by North Korea, which he got after speaking to Russian President Vladimir Putin : If the U.S. stopped joint military exercises with the South Koreans, it could help moderate Kim Jong Un’s behavior. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis used an approach that aides say can work: “He says, ‘Your instincts are absolutely correct,’ and then gets him [the president] to do the exact opposite of what his instincts say,” said one person close to the White House. Mr. Trump dropped the idea, although he has ordered aides to give the exercises a low profile, eliminating press releases and briefings about them."

3. 5-Star Finger

5-Star Finger Dexterous Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $560
    Ratings:
    +1,725 / -10
    Way to completely ignore things that I pointed out that have actually already happened and gravitate to one item of speculation. I'd say those things that have actually happened are a pretty good indicator that at least at this point in the negotiations things are different. Not sure what we gave away, unless you consider war-mongering on someone's doorstep "giving something away." Not very progressive of you - but progressive is typically code for regressive anyway. I'm pretty sure the majority of Americans wouldn't want China practicing joint invasions of the United States with Mexico - in Mexico. But yeah..huge concession there.

The unhinged nature of the political left is pretty telling. I know you're not a big Bible fan, but there's an old story that I think applies. Consider it just a morality tale for our purposes. David was a king of Israel. Typically he was a pretty good guy, but like a lot of guys he got lazy and undisciplined. He should have been out with the army, but instead he was back chilling out and saw the wife of one of this soldiers bathing. He started an affair and got her pregnant. To try and cover it up he called the guy back to the capital and persuade him to go spend some time with the woman so he could make it look like the baby was legitimate. The guy was just too loyal. He refused to be at ease when he knew his friends were out there in danger. David wrote a note ordering his general to hang this guy out to dry in the next assault. Knowing that the guy was loyal and wouldn't read a private note, David sent the execution order to the front in the hands of the very soldier he had betrayed and was now going to have murdered. So he had this guy killed in a way that just looked like a confusion in the middle of an attack.

David brought the woman into his home immediately upon recieving word of the soldier's death. Then a prophet named Nathan came and visited him. He told the king that there was a man in the kingdom that had a single lamb that he loved and was raising. It was his entire livelihood. Then a man with a huge flock came along and took the lamb and killed it and fed it to his friends. The prophet asked the king what to do. David was indignant and demanded that the man be executed; to which Nathan simply replied, "you are that man."

Here's the thing about that story; whether or not you believe it really happened, it points to something deeply embedded in the human experience. David reacted the way he did because we are typically most sensitive to the immoral conduct our own conscience tries to convict us of. When I see someone ranting and reacting in an overly emotional way while accusing others of being bigoted, hate-filled or dishonest that person has just told me plenty about themselves. They are what they loudest accuse others of.

You are hoping that there is failure and are willing to risk the desolation to millions of people that it could mean, because your heart is filled with hate towards the person that may get credit. It is time for you to take a good long look in the mirror.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,498
      Ratings:
      +11,574 / -171
      geez, some people will just wilfully remain stupid :headslap:

• divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $2,674
      Ratings:
      +10,676 / -30
      These are almost verbatim the talking points I heard on MSNBC the other day. Verbatim.

• bradgator2

bradgator2 1/29/17 half marathon - 1 hour, 34 min, 2 secs
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,815
      Ratings:
      +7,992 / -49
      Only Foxnews lies.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Rum Doctor
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $12,845
      Ratings:
      +36,909 / -1,098
      Hillary Rodman. Cousin Dennis. You guys missed that quality joke, didnt you?

• crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $854
      Ratings:
      +5,958 / -7
      Responses seem to gather more comments when tweeted.