Deonte Thompson 109 yard kick 6 for the Bears

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good for him. I didn't know he was still in the NFL. I hope he makes some money, manages it well and becomes influential in his community. When Gator Nation prospers, 'Murica prospers.

:chomp:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to watch this game but couldn't find free streaming. I'm too cheap to buy an NFL.com season pass, esp when I only watch a few games all season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really irritates me to see offensive talent that UF coaches wasted playing in the NFL.
He is not an offensive talent. He and all those other smurfs were all, at best, kick returners.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Spurrier would have found a way to demand that he catch the ball at UF.
Spurrier would have moved him (and Debose) to DB during their first fall camp. He didnt tolerate giys whonciuldnt catch or guys that were either dumb or too lazy to learn the playbook.

He certainly didnt pick his WRs the way Creyer said he did in his book, based on who blocked the best.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to watch this game but couldn't find free streaming. I'm too cheap to buy an NFL.com season pass, esp when I only watch a few games all season.
Me too. I can't warm up to the NFL games. I can't stomach the onslaught of commercials and the college games are becoming "commercial loathsome" as well. I remember this kid not doing much at Florida.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Me too. I can't warm up to the NFL games. I can't stomach the onslaught of commercials and the college games are becoming "commercial loathsome" as well. I remember this kid not doing much at Florida.

He was touted as Percy Lite when he came in. The coaches just wanted to get him the ball in space and let him go. They'd get him the ball and ... he'd drop it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He was touted as Percy Lite when he came in. The coaches just wanted to get him the ball in space and let him go. They'd get him the ball and ... he'd drop it.

As I recall he was a 5-star kid out of Belle Glade. In the post-Percy & Murphy era when we couldn't find a receiver, for whatever reasons he couldn't put it together. He was hard working & every spring showed promise of "breaking out." But I think he was a solid guy & eventual leader. I never thought his production was due to lack of effort etc. Of course, once Tebow left who exactly was going to get him the ball?

And, it was over his awkward comment that Meyer chastised Orlando Sentinel reporter Jeremy Fowler.

Interesting sidebar: he has won SEC, NC and Super Bowl rings. How many Gators have that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.