Depth chart for Charleston Southern

leogator

May 5, 2018
Buchanan has been putting in the work all this offseason. He did not receive S&C in the last couple of years. He has put one some good weight. I don't think he has the typical OL build with the hanging gut. He has a more athletic build. I can't wait to see what he can do at center. We will be doing a lot more pulling and trapping rather than just lining up and trying to push people off.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
The other thing that people need to realize is that a depth chart is just that. It does not mean that the starter will necessarily get most of the plays. In particular for this time of the year it might also be meant as a message to reward people that worked really hard in camp. It will settle down in the next couple of games so that by the Tennessee game it will be the game roster going forward, barring injuries.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
in my opinion Jordan looked really good his true freshman year. I would have called him the best player on the line that year and thought he was on the way to a stellar career.

oddly he's look like crap since. I don't know whether it was peanut butter and jelly and pilates, or if he was just depressed by being around loser coaches. hopefully he's found some of that Mojo again.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm on my phone, so hard to link.....but, I read a qoute from Slaton talking about the Center position. Sounds like he's impressed with Buchanan and says that McCoy is only 5'11 (he's listed at 6'1). He says Buchanan, who is listed at 6'3, is "much taller than" McCoy, which helps him vs. McCoy. Says McCoy has great effort....but sounded like a "I don't want to hurt his feelings, so I'll add something positive".

leogator

May 5, 2018
Where is that going to leave Heggie? I was hoping he would take over one of the guard spots.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sasquatch-cover.jpg

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The other thing that people need to realize is that a depth chart is just that. It does not mean that the starter will necessarily get most of the plays. In particular for this time of the year it might also be meant as a message to reward people that worked really hard in camp. It will settle down in the next couple of games so that by the Tennessee game it will be the game roster going forward, barring injuries.
I’d imagine we’ll know where these guys stand in the coach’s eyes come game 2. Kentucky has almost beaten us a few years in a row - can’t be taken for granted until Mullen (or the next guy) rights the ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator