Deshaun Watson kicked out of Tuscaloosa bar

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still trying to figure out what he was doing there. Any clue?

I'm not defending the Bammer idiots but I wanted to know why he was out in about in Tuscaloosa. I couldn't pick Watson out of a group. Did he have his natty ring already?

I read he was all class about though.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm still trying to figure out what he was doing there. Any clue?

I'm not defending the Bammer idiots but I wanted to know why he was out in about in Tuscaloosa. I couldn't pick Watson out of a group. Did he have his natty ring already?

I read he was all class about though.

My understanding is he was out with his girlfriend and she apparently used to date a Bama player. That leads me to believe she may live in the Tuscaloosa area but I'm guessing on that, although that would make sense of the situation.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
That was racist by Bama fans. ;)

Seriously though what was he doing there right before the draft? Hanging out in bars won't help his draft stock. QB's in the nfl need to be leaders and the face of the franchise.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is lucky more didn't happen. Had a friend working in Alabama for a short time that made the mistake of cheering on the Gators in a bar there when they came back to beat Bama in that SECCG and he said he barely got out of there before he got killed. Its probably not the best place to show support for an opposing team or to show your face if you are Watson.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Sure, it is a free country (basically), but that was probably the dumbest thing he ever did. The bar owner likely kicked him out just to avoid a big confrontation in his place of business. Can't blame him for that.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sure, it is a free country (basically), but that was probably the dumbest thing he ever did. The bar owner likely kicked him out just to avoid a big confrontation in his place of business. Can't blame him for that.

Read the article, it was patrons who kicked him out, not the bar owner. The bar apologized on FB after the fact (pretty weak on their part IMO for reasons I won't go into). The guy's not allowed to go out to eat when he's in Tuscaloosa? That's a stupid statement on your part, blame the victim.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Watson should have played the race card as the reason he was kicked out, then the national media would have made a huge stink about it and Bama would be left to squirm and apologize for the next few months about it. At least it would have been fun to see Bama get a lot of negative attention directed toward them.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Read the article, it was patrons who kicked him out, not the bar owner. The bar apologized on FB after the fact (pretty weak on their part IMO for reasons I won't go into). The guy's not allowed to go out to eat when he's in Tuscaloosa? That's a stupid statement on your part, blame the victim.
If you don't see any potential problems with Watson going to a bar in Tuscaloosa, then I don't know what to say. Do you have any common sense?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If you don't see any potential problems with Watson going to a bar in Tuscaloosa, then I don't know what to say. Do you have any common sense?

The problems were the result of the patrons who instigated the issue, not as a result of anything Watson did wrong. If you don't see the problem with Bama fans physically harassing/intimidating someone being in a restaurant to the point of forcing him to leave based on their allegiance to a different team, and a restaurant that did nothing to stop it, it's you who is devoid of common sense, but then again, you're one of them so I shouldn't be surprised. Is it safe for me to assume you were okay with the LSU fan teabagging incident because the kid passed out drunk? My guess is you are.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stop defending your incestuous brethren :shakehead:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sports trash talk and ribbing is one thing, being run out of the restaurant is entirely another. It's pathetic, and here you are defending it.

Might need to talk to Ox about dropping the "Gator" portion of your username

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
The problems were the result of the patrons who instigated the issue, not as a result of anything Watson did wrong. If you don't see the problem with Bama fans physically harassing/intimidating someone being in a restaurant to the point of forcing him to leave based on their allegiance to a different team, and a restaurant that did nothing to stop it, it's you who is devoid of common sense, but then again, you're one of them so I shouldn't be surprised. Is it safe for me to assume you were okay with the LSU fan teabagging incident because the kid passed out drunk? My guess is you are.
I do not condone the actions of those who harassed him. But what he did was just stupid. Very stupid.

What I'm saying is, I have the RIGHT to do a lot of things that I do not do, just because they are stupid.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
sports trash talk and ribbing is one thing, being run out of the restaurant is entirely another. It's pathetic, and here you are defending it.

Might need to talk to Ox about dropping the "Gator" portion of your username
No, I could understand the bar owner wanting to diffuse a potentially dangerous situation, but I do not condone the actions of those who harassed him out of the bar.

And I can speak for myself, so I do not need you putting words in my mouth that I did not say. Thank you.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, I could understand the bar owner wanting to diffuse a potentially dangerous situation, but I do not condone the actions of those who harassed him out of the bar.

And I can speak for myself, so I do not need you putting words in my mouth that I did not say. Thank you.
I haven't attributed anything to you that you did not say in this thread.

I see zero problems in him going to a bar anywhere, but I guess everywhere isn't a backwoods inbred schit hole like Tuscaloosa.

I go up near Knoxville all of the time, and guess what, I wear my Gator gear, even those douchebags know it's all in good fun, they don't run people off the way Watson was run off.

How anyone can blame Watson any amount for this is absolutely ridiculous.
Some of yall are just freakin mindless man.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I do not condone the actions of those who harassed him. But what he did was just stupid. Very stupid.

What I'm saying is, I have the RIGHT to do a lot of things that I do not do, just because they are stupid.

Maybe next time he goes to Tuscaloosa he should plan on fasting while he's there. Or maybe he should pack several days worth of PBJ's to eat??? McElwain could make them for him. Whaddya think, sounds like that would be your recommendation.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Last time I went to Bama for a game, we lost 31-3 and their fans were nasty to us on the way back to the bus and some were even hollering at us saying dont come back. These were grown ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.