Did anybody know that the World Series was being played?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This may be the best Red Sox team ever, which is saying a lot.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Did anybody know that the World Series was being played?

I just noticed that they’re on game 3.

I can’t believe baseball has fallen this far…

No I did not. I might be interested if the REDS ever make it again, so since that will not ever happen again in my lifetime, I probably won;t ever watch a world series game.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was a Dodger fan when they were in Brooklyn. Hated the Yankees. Dodgers against the big machine. When in elementary school and the series was played the radios came out and class shut down.

Still a Dodger fan and I still watch.

How can you root for a team with a stupid wall in the middle of left field.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I was a Dodger fan when they were in Brooklyn. Hated the Yankees. Dodgers against the big machine. When in elementary school and the series was played the radios came out and class shut down.

upload_2018-10-25_15-31-16.jpeg

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I thought only white guys jumped to catch?

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Watch yo mouth...Fenway is the last great American Ball Park.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014

Benny Biceps!

Going to be interesting to see what AC does with the lineup in LA. I know he mentioned playing Mook at 2nd which imo is the way to go about it. JD is zoned in and we cant let his bat sit on the bench. JBJ is too good of a defensive player to leave on the bench. Kinsler has been awful since we acquired him. Sit him and get JD into left.

Would also like to see maybe a little more Holt than Kinsler also...

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Buck is one of, if not the best in the business. The amount of work and preparation he puts in is incredible, especially cross sport platforms. I know a lot of people don’t like him but he’s amazing at what he does.

Well, you know that appreciation of announcers is a subjective thing. There are lots of fans who don't like Buck just like some don't like Johnny Miller or Cris Collinsworth. Buck is very good at juggling the different sports at the same time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Monster is pretty simple. The ball either travels over the wall or bounces off it for a double.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Monster is pretty simple. The ball either travels over the wall or bounces off it for a double.
Kinda like most outfield walls, eh?

Although if you hit one hard enough at the Monstah, it’ll bounce back hard enough to hold you to a single.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda like most outfield walls, eh?

Although if you hit one hard enough at the Monstah, it’ll bounce back hard enough to hold you to a single.
No, not at all, but you made a good point. Outs turn into doubles and doubles into singles. Who knows? It might all even out in the end.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think part of the problem is that Boston is such a heavy favorite, that people aren't watching cause they feel like they know the outcome already. Thats my excuse anyways. I've been telling my friends for months that the NL doesn't stand a chance this year, and I'm a Cubs fan.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017

I remember when the World Series was the biggest thing in sports. It was BASEBALL — America’s pastime. We would take our radios to school. The teacher would end class early so we could get out a radio and tune in to listen to the games. There were no night World Series games. It was all afternoons.

The biggest most dramatic thrill of all was when Bill Mazeroski hit that walk-off home run off Ralph Terry in the bottom of the ninth to beat the dreaded New York Yankees four games to three. I can still name the starting line-ups for both teams, but I can’t even tell you what teams are playing this year. I think one team is the Boston Red Sox. My lack of current baseball knowledge is due to a lack of interest and not dementia. I still have all my baseball cards and my marbles.

I lost my marbles years ago.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Game 2 of the 2007 WS -- 11 years ago today. My broker-dealer flew me up for it. This was the muttley crew that went, me on the left. Schilling was money and the Red Sox won, 2-1.

Fenway, and esp Yawkey Boulevard before the game, was a total blast.
d19401ecebfe3b3639dadec72a274aa0.jpg
671c4677abfa6e5ae505cd9b0454ec01.jpg

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I watched Game 2 last night. First baseball game I’ve watched in many years. Might tune in for the rest of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.