Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
latest

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would have enjoyed that movie a lot more if he'd been given Ned Beatty's part. Although, from what I understand they tricked Beatty into taking the part by sending him a script with page 145 &146 ripped out of it.

He was a terrible, terrible actor for most of his career and once he became washed up, he became one of the biggest A-holes of all time. He never got over being outed as a homosexual for sleeping with Dom Deluise, and his dickheadish behavior on the Tonight Show, in addition to his wonton and licentious sexual affair with Deluise will always be what he is remembered for.
hqdefault.jpg

Neil Patrick Harris: ‘A Kiss from Burt Reynolds Made Me Gay’ – Adweek
Dom Deluise? You're shytting me.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
RIP old star.
He was fine in his TV sotcom "Evening Shades". :cool:
He was in a lot of movies.

Visiting a friend in North Carolina, I was driving in the eastern mountains. You know, enjoying that area most populated by trees. We came around a curve and, gawk, we hit a traffic jam. A stream of motor-homes was headed up a steep off-road. That minor road had a fancy archway sign declaring "Private Driveway". Those motor-homes belong to Burt Reynolds, Dolly Parton, and other famous friends. They bought the whole mountain & built their getaway cabins.

Another time, my NC friend took me up a gully-washed narrow clay road. Overhanging limbs were scraping us. Suddenly, we hit a clearing. It was a state camping-hunting cove. There were "cowboys" on horses all aflutter. That was a posse of bounty hunters. There was a claimed sighting of the abortion clinics bomber Eric Rudolph. FBI offered a $million $ reward and that was a rough bunch well armed heading into those wood trails. The funniest sight
was the porta-potty at that camp. Someone got news Rudolph was "right-now" in that porta-potty. That thing must have had 100 bullet-holes.

So you can tell everyone with a straight face you got an up-close look at Dolly Parton's Winnebagos.

And morale of story number 2 ; if you are on the lamb, stay out of the sh*t-can?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Come to think of it...”The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas” was the first rated R movie I ever saw. My Aunt and Uncle had HBO and I watched most of it while the grown-ups were still talking after dinner in the dining room.

I don’t like musicals, but that one managed to grab my attention. It wasn’t rated R for nothing.

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
as an aside... i remember when we were getting our :kiffin: pushed in under mac and it seemed like the wheels were falling off.

Now its the suckholes turn. All their pets heads are falling off. :dance:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was funny once upon a time but got mean as he aged.

When to an autograph show in Lakeland in 2010....... Burt wanted $85 for his signature and $50 for a picture with him... I laughed and he got pissed.. I laughed more, he got red faced.....I thought he was going to time out right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator