Did the players quit because they are moping about Mac?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is that twitter post really that offensive? They stunk it up on teh field but I don't think it is insulting per se.

Snowflakes.

Sadly, it’s now deleted.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Weve been blownout by Arky, Tinerc, amd Meatchikin twice. This isnt our first blouout loss to a terrible team.

They have been quitting every Nov since Butters arrived. This is nothing new at all imo.
You might enjoy the little Robbie Andrieu quip made at the wrap up. Dooley said they'ed seen a lot of dead deer on the drive in and Robbie said, "And a lot of dead Gators when we got here." Dooley even finished off by saying he should have started his column with "Road Kill."

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just another reason why we need a coach that is going to come in here and kick some ass. Clear the garbage out and make these guys earn everything. No buddy-buddy nonsense, no "players" coaches.
I think it goes beyond this. Think back to all the times in the last 3 years that you've been watching Gator games and felt that throwing your"fan support effort" , feel good, positive vibe and fist pumping excitement was a total waste of time and effort.....hell I don't even put on a UF hat or shirt during games anymore.....The reason is simple because even during the "good times" of the last 3 years and even during Muschamp we always get brought back to reality of inferior leadership and it usually shows in the form of 2 or 3 bad, boring quarters of football....if it wears on the fans think of what it does to the mindset of guys trying to win a position on the team? Even the players that are 1's are going to be limited in development....Excitement builds emotion and emotion builds inspiration....It takes true leadership to spark the process. We've had no leaders at coaching or players leading.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I don't know why anyone should be surprised that many of these guys quit. This team is soft. They have not been coached since high school, and they have had a strength and conditioning program that was based on how many pb&j sammiches they can eat in one sitting. The program is broken, and we need a new coach to rebuild it.

Punto

BANNED
Jan 22, 2015
That was an ugly, pathetic, gutless performance yesterday. This team has laid down two weeks in a row, and I'm convinced that it has to do with Mac's issues.

They need to rally around each other, and sack up. They are Gators, they are our Gators, and they are not Mac's Gators.

There is still some time left to 'salvage' this season: win three in a row, get to a bowl game, and build some momentum for next season.

We must, must, must beat FSUCKS this season. That, alone, would put a smile on my face.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Play for the pride of the university. Don't embarrass the jersey.

Mac bred an us against everyone mentality, but it was also bred to be them against all of us, the fans, alumni, current students, even the administration. Also, in recruiting you rarely ever heard the recruits reporting about Mac selling UF the school/institution (usually he seemed to focus on need).

Think back to Chauncey's statements before the Georgia game. He was taking the queuefrom Mac and trashing fellow Gators.

So, when we pushed for Mac's firing and the admin pulled the trigger (not necessarily because of the fans), he hadn't instilled anything in the team that they still wanted to fight for . . . except each other.

Even Reese was focused on that (playing for each other), not the pride in UF.

As sad as it is, the head Cane sounded the most focused on pride in the jersey and university.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
I hope whom ever we hire has a bit of a nasty side cause these boys need some discipline badly. I’m not sure we need another “players” coach. We need to instill some Gator pride again.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Mac bred an us against everyone mentality, but it was also bred to be them against all of us, the fans, alumni, current students, even the administration. Also, in recruiting you rarely ever heard the recruits reporting about Mac selling UF the school/institution (usually he seemed to focus on need).

Think back to Chauncey's statements before the Georgia game. He was taking the queuefrom Mac and trashing fellow Gators.

So, when we pushed for Mac's firing and the admin pulled the trigger (not necessarily because of the fans), he hadn't instilled anything in the team that they still wanted to fight for . . . except each other.

As sad as it is, the head Cane sounded the most focused on pride in the jersey and university.

Exactly. These players are a reflection of Mac and their thin skin at criticism shows it. They should worry less about twitter and work harder to prove people wrong. Mac was a disease on their mind sets and the next coach has to cure it quick.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
That was an ugly, pathetic, gutless performance yesterday. This team has laid down two weeks in a row, and I'm convinced that it has to do with Mac's issues.

They need to rally around each other, and sack up. They are Gators, they are our Gators, and they are not Mac's Gators.

There is still some time left to 'salvage' this season: win three in a row, get to a bowl game, and build some momentum for next season.

We must, must, must beat FSUCKS this season. That, alone, would put a smile on my face.
Nice post and sentiment, but this season is over. We cannot beat FSU - I hate it as much as you. You can't go into a gunfight with no ammo (ammo being talent, pride, love of university and each other in this case).

Last edited:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Most teams do play for each other to a certain extent and I seem to remember some traditions that we don't see today. That chain that the defense had to represent unity of purpose and excellence. Some boards of who lifted the most (sometimes Tebow), other things I can't remember.

I think that Mac made loosing seem natural and fine, and being out played by your opponent no big deal. Having "fun" did not include winning and beating the devil out of your opponents. Perhaps I just saw outside stuff and within the team it was different, but his public comments indicated no great harm in losing, bet Saban is different, actually I know he is.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
You might enjoy the little Robbie Andrieu quip made at the wrap up. Dooley said they'ed seen a lot of dead deer on the drive in and Robbie said, "And a lot of dead Gators when we got here." Dooley even finished off by saying he should have started his column with "Road Kill."

The two Gville Sun boobs DROVE to all the way to Missouri?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Exactly. These players are a reflection of Mac and their thin skin at criticism shows it. They should worry less about twitter and work harder to prove people wrong. Mac was a disease on their mind sets and the next coach has to cure it quick.

I would ban them from social media during the season, or perhaps all the time. If you have time to mess with Twitter you have more time to improve your performance in some way. That might be academics or football.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Anyone heard any player rumors on if the locker room is going to be a United we Stand vs a divided we fall mentality moving forward?

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015
Aren't we still "technically" playing for a bowl game....... and to be higher rank than Tenn. at the end of the season?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The two Gville Sun boobs DROVE to all the way to Missouri?
No, evidently there is no airport in their city. It's evidently a pain to get in and out. I wont argue with the Gville Sun boob description though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, evidently there is no airport in their city. It's evidently a pain to get in and out. I wont argue with the Gville Sun boob description though.
That stadium looks like a high school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.