Dinner With Muschamp...

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lucky are we to have so many experts on G-chat!

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know...I think when you pay someone lots of money to coach players how to block, they should probably learn how to block. And the same goes for running, tackling, catching, staying put until the f**king ball is snapped, and so on. And then, we pay someone a lot of money to "coordinate" all those things. It happens around the country every year...I've seen it. I've even seen a team, whose scheme isn't quite working, actually change some things to get better results. We can do that, too...its actually legal in college football!

We have top 10 recruiting, facilities, fans, and revenue. I want a top 10 team, with top 10 coaches...every year.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n5767 said:
I don't know...I think when you pay someone lots of money to coach players how to block, they should probably learn how to block. And the same goes for running, tackling, catching, staying put until the f**king ball is snapped, and so on. And then, we pay someone a lot of money to "coordinate" all those things. It happens around the country every year...I've seen it. I've even seen a team, whose scheme isn't quite working, actually change some things to get better results. We can do that, too...its actually legal in college football!

We have top 10 recruiting, facilities, fans, and revenue. I want a top 10 team, with top 10 coaches...every year.

I believe we will make the correct changes this year.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope so, because I absolutely ruined my liver last year. I will remain optimistic...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n5782 said:
I hope so, because I absolutely ruined my liver last year. I will remain optimistic...

I hear this doesn't destroy your liver. Might wanna consider switching intoxicants.

th

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
TallyGator;n5767 said:

Believe in one hand and scat in the other and see which one fills up first...

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n5355 said:
We have a ton of bodies for the defensive line, but I'm a bit worried about experience there. Same with linebacker. I think McMillian will be a starter day one (he should've started last year - but to my problems had problems calling right defense?), so that should help. But again, no experience. We'll be a little exposed in the defensive backfield for the first few games, but they'll be lockdown by the middle of the season. A lot of young kids there as well.

Now offense. Absolutely stacked at running back and wide receiver. What concerns me is depth on O-line. We have experience and size but this offense will have functional problems if we can't keep those big guys healthy. And lastly, QB. It's not his physical ability. It's inability to throw down the field consistently and he holds on the ball too long. Roper's really been drilling in the 1-2 GET RID OF THE BALL mentality, so hopefully this sticks when the bullets are flying.

Lots of question marks. But lots of potential.

I think Roper's tutelage will make a big difference in how Jeff plays this year, especially in getting rid of the ball to an open receiver when necessary.

BTW, to Cover2, good to see that you're here, I've always liked your analysis, and no, your initial post in this thread was not too long..

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
TallyGator;n5767 said:

Wobs: Way to go out on a limb.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n5824 said:
I think Roper's tutelage will make a big difference in how Jeff plays this year, especially in getting rid of the ball to an open receiver when necessary.

BTW, to Cover2, good to see that you're here, I've always liked your analysis, and no, your initial post in this thread was not too long..
/agree with the whole post, but especially the bold part.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:

/agree with the whole post, but especially the bold part.
+ 1

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
GatorJB;n5670 said:
Many of Pease's pass plays were difficult to execute anyways because of the amount of time it took to run certain routes. Most of Roper's pass plays involve the QB to throw within 3 seconds. I think Driskel will have a significant number of ruduced sacks for that reason alone. Anyways, in reguards to what you said, I know in the past whenever UF fakes a punt, Muschamp takes credit for making that call, which means he probably choose which play to run for the fake punt too.

Muschamp has said that he wanted a balanced attack since the day he was hired, and I believe him when he says that. The reason why we were so run oriented the last 3 years is because the run game was our strength. In 2012 we had a new QB struggling to make decisions and no playmaker at WR. The run game was the only aspect of the offense that the coaches trusted, so they conservatively relied upon it. Last year we began to throw the ball more, but with little reward. Driskel had more attempts and more yards against Miami and we know how that ended. Not long after, UF is forced to using backup QB's and had an Oline that couldn't hold a block longer than 2 seconds. Throwing the ball more would have made the offense worse.

I think this year's offense is allowing Muschamp to feel more comfortable/confident in using the passing game more than previous years. Roper has a quicker attack which will automatically provide more protection for the QB. Driskel should be more mature by now, and from what I can tell, this offense has simpler reads for him to make. There is also a sturdier O-line and lots of talent for WR. There is no excuse for this offense to not have around 35 pass attempts a game. RB is still the strength of this offense, so I expect the running game will still play a significant/dominant role. Last year, the offense averaged about 25 pass attempts a game and about 40 running attempts per game (run/pass percentage of about 60/40). I predict the run/pass percentage will be closer to 55/45 this year. This may not seem like a large increase in pass plays, but considering that an improved offense allows for more plays, then this could mean that we'll see well over a hundred more total passing attempts this season than last.

Nice post! Also, I doubt roper calls run plays on 90% of our first downs like Pease did. He was way too predictable!
Thanks! And I totally agree that Pease was too predictable.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And I hope that if it doesn't, he puts somebody else out that can get it done. Coach 'em all up, because we may need them...

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n5588 said:
Proof that he admitted to calling a play or you are lying. :stickpoke:

OK, I am sufficiently poked to respond. (Such an easy target, I am) First of all, you don't know me, but unless I am obviously kidding, I don't lie, except some occasional white lies to shorten an irrelevant explanation of something. I know this is a typical message board comment, but I have always found it offensive even when directed at others unless it is done in humor. Not sure if it is your way of getting me to spend hours finding the info or you really think I am lying. I will not be lying to you, and this was not a flight of fantasy. I can say I was wrong, but I won't because he did say these things last year.

You are free to not believe it. However, last year, he volunteered he called specific plays on 3-4 pressers, and as I said, explained why. I heard it and watched him say these things on the post game and/or monday pressers, shortly after they were taped. These were the full presser, not an abbreviated version. Are the pressers archived?? As I said, the first was the Miami game presser, and I don't know if it was post game, or the following Monday. While I would love to share the info and prove my point, I really do not have time to go through 5-6 weeks of pressers looking for them. If my statements offend you, I am sorry, but he has contradicted himself. I have gotten really used to people who do this, thinking no one will remember what was said previously., and I can assure you, it does not mean it was not said. And it does happen. And my nature, I tend to point out those things.

However, it was really not and is not my intention to come on here and inflame and offend people,. If that means ignoring things like that, then maybe I'll refrain from commenting about inconsistencies on touchy subjects which it appears this might be..

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n5899 said:
OK, I am sufficiently poked to respond. (Such an easy target, I am) First of all, you don't know me, but unless I am obviously kidding, I don't lie, except some occasional white lies to shorten an irrelevant explanation of something. I know this is a typical message board comment, but I have always found it offensive even when directed at others unless it is done in humor. Not sure if it is your way of getting me to spend hours finding the info or you really think I am lying. I will not be lying to you, and this was not a flight of fantasy. I can say I was wrong, but I won't because he did say these things last year.

You are free to not believe it. However, last year, he volunteered he called specific plays on 3-4 pressers, and as I said, explained why. I heard it and watched him say these things on the post game and/or monday pressers, shortly after they were taped. These were the full presser, not an abbreviated version. Are the pressers archived?? As I said, the first was the Miami game presser, and I don't know if it was post game, or the following Monday. While I would love to share the info and prove my point, I really do not have time to go through 5-6 weeks of pressers looking for them. If my statements offend you, I am sorry, but he has contradicted himself. I have gotten really used to people who do this, thinking no one will remember what was said previously., and I can assure you, it does not mean it was not said. And it does happen. And my nature, I tend to point out those things.

However, it was really not and is not my intention to come on here and inflame and offend people,. If that means ignoring things like that, then maybe I'll refrain from commenting about inconsistencies on touchy subjects which it appears this might be..

Message boards are for thick skin. Wobble likes to provoke reactions. Try poking him back, he likes that. Don't stop posting. Keep treading until you get the rhythm down. :grouphug:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
Dude, seriously , if your liver still works you just aint tryin

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What Navet said. I was just messing with you. Don't let things bother you too much on this board or you won't last long. As for what WM has said or not said about calling plays, I would think someone from this board would have agreed with you by now if he had said he called plays during a presser. Especially if you said he did it multiple times. On GSMB, this subject was debated multiple times and no one brought up that WM admitted to calling any plays. Maybe all of missed it, that is possible, I just don't see it as being probable.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n5917 said:
What Navet said. I was just messing with you. Don't let things bother you too much on this board or you won't last long. As for what WM has said or not said about calling plays, I would think someone from this board would have agreed with you by now if he had said he called plays during a presser. Especially if you said he did it multiple times. On GSMB, this subject was debated multiple times and no one brought up that WM admitted to calling any plays. Maybe all of missed it, that is possible, I just don't see it as being probable.
We probably missed it. Most of us quit listening to him a long time ago. ;)

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True. That thought did cross my mind. Pretty sure most of us listen to maybe a minute of the pressers, said "this is more coach speak" and turned it off. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n5931 said:
True. That thought did cross my mind. Pretty sure most of us listen to maybe a minute of the pressers, said "this is more coach speak" and turned it off. :lol:
I didn't watch a single one of his pressers last year...the games were depressing enough. Hopefully, that will all change this fall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb