Dino Babers leads Syracuse to upset of #2 Clemson

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We didnt look the slightest bit different before the suspensions.

We lost a couple of six td guys and replaced them with a couple of six td guys.

The offense is what it would have been with or without injuries and criminals.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
All you 0-10-1 we love being a third or fourth tier team cheerleaders can kiss my ass.

I despise your acceptance of terrible coaches and average teams.
Thanks again for more concessions. Love it when your cool legal mind goes irrational and just rants. So you don't like to be reminded that things are not like they were when Urban was hired. Really? Isn't this something that you yourself have said? My experience is that success is engendered by calmly focusing on the problems at hand. You seem to believe that ranting and stomping around solves problems. That is not my experience.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My experience is accepting failure ensures more failure.

You think as long as you live in some alternate reality where Butters is doing a good job that it will someday become the real world. It is never going to happen. It wouldnt matter who you gave them he has no clue how to score and win. He is a 4-6 loss coach. Always.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Flavor of the month.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
My experience is accepting failure ensures more failure.

You think as long as you live in some alternate reality where Butters is doing a good job that it will someday become the real world. It is never going to happen. It wouldnt matter who you gave them he has no clue how to score and win. He is a 4-6 loss coach. Always.
I am sure your experience in accepting failure greatly exceeds mine.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Jeebus. You will try to convince yourself of anything in order to avoid the obvious of how bad we suck.

LSU may not win another SEC game.
Somehow I think you may be wrong about this. Once you get angry, your judgment evaporates and you go from top tier to bottom tier. Incidentally, your"dislikes" are a"tell" on your anger as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For Syracuse under Babers, second season is the charm

https://theathletic.com/128404/2017/10/16/syracuse-football-dino-babers-clemson/

Dino Babers always says it takes until midway through year two before his offense and his tempo start to click with a new football program. Has Syracuse reached that point?

After a 27-24 win Friday night against Clemson, the Orange are a big riser, jumping into the top 50 in this week’s All-American 130.

Syracuse’s 85.5 plays per game lead the country. On Friday, they ran 83 plays. They only averaged 5.3 yards per play and 3.2 per rush against the Tigers, but their two fourth-quarter drives totaled nearly 12 minutes.

“I don’t know how many plays we played, but the way we were running the ball in the fourth quarter, I guarantee it was a lot,” Babers said after the win. “It was over 80-something because you could see they were getting a little taxed.”

Year two has always been the big one for Babers-coached teams. At Eastern Illinois, he went from 7-5 to 12-2. At Bowling Green, he went from 8-6 to 10-3. After a 4-8 debut season at Syracuse, the Orange are 4-3 this year, with a win against the defending national champion. Is this the sign of things to come?

“To have an opportunity like that is something they will never forget for the rest of their lives,” Babers said of his players. “It’s something that they will tell their sons and their daughters, and then they’ll tell their grandsons and their granddaughters. It will be one of those deals when it’s ‘No, Grandpa, not the story about how you beat Clemson at the Loud House.’ And they’ll have to sit there and listen to it again. It’s truly one of those moments that you coach for.

“I’ve had those moments, but to be able to share a moment like that with these young men is really special and really means a lot to me. I’m really proud of them.”

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's gone at the end of this year. The question is – does Stricklin go get him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator