Disappointing Signing Day

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Well but Mac is only a second year coach.

I note the sarcasm, but that's what's concerning to me. Most coaches absolutely KILL it in their second year of recruiting. UF should have been an easy sell in the immediate years following Muschamp. But we got our a** kicked this year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I note the sarcasm, but that's what's concerning to me. Most coaches absolutely KILL it in their second year of recruiting. UF should have been an easy sell in the immediate years following Muschamp. But we got our a** kicked this year.
That's because the product on the field tanked once Grier was suspended. Change in the offense will create a change in recruiting overall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With what Mac and co. did in just 1 month last year, it's pretty surprising that they couldn't get more out of this class.

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
That's because the product on the field tanked once Grier was suspended. Change in the offense will create a change in recruiting overall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree, and am hopeful that's the case.

We had a lot of momentum going after the UT and Ole Miss games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We won't truly know how this class is until 2018 or so...
Thats a good point. We have never had two bad classes in a row since the late 80s. The echo of this failure will last for years. its hard to tell how this ends. Even when we have had bad coaches or coordinators we have always fielded superior or equal talent to everyone we faced,

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Overall I think this is a solid class. We got some good players. But UF shouldn't be recruiting "solid" classes. It's very disappointing in how we closed, IMO.

The #6 class is a solid class?

We filled almost every need.

We lost one LB and gained 3.
We lost 2 CBs and gained 3.
We lost 1 WR and gained 5 studs.
We lost one safety and gained 2
We lost 2 DEs and gained 3

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
You should really stick with basketball or some other thing, if any, that you understand.
I do not post as frequently as I could...I do read here a lot. Just an observation from a neutral poster but avid gator fan, Law98gator reminds me of the bully in the bar(at the farrows table) in the movie Tombstone. I am no Kurt Russell, but maybe the negativity is a bit much in here. I get it...Law understands football and recruiting. Anyone who reads this stuff knows it by now. An occasional knock or correction can be amusing and/or enlightening. But this shtick might be scaring off new customers.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And maybe most importantly for actual and immediate results on the field...WE GOT A KICKER!!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This class will be just fine.. We filled our needs especially at QB, K, WR, and RB. How did Urban's last class at UF turn out?? Wasn't it ranked #1 and did jack squat?? Its how they produce on the field so recruiting means nothing as of right now.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, lost a good RB but picked up two 4 star RB's.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I am still on the Mac-Train. Although we missed on some needs (OL, DL, and LB), I still think we got enough to fill some much needed gaps. Here is what I think the positives are...yes I am a pumper.
1. 2 EE QBs that will compete for a starting spot
2. WE HAVE A KICKER and we stole him from BAMA
3. 2 really good RBs
4. 5 Stud WRs
5. We covered most of our needs
6. At least we don't cheer for F$U

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015

I can't realistically say it's anything better than a solid class. Also, where are we number 6?

Offensively, I think we did well. Wells, Thompson, Perine, Cleveland, Swain, etc. All those guys are going to be great players under Mac.

Defensively, I think we missed on a lot of players, namely at LB and DT. There should be no cycle where we do not sign a DT. There's just no excuse for that

I mentioned it in an earlier post that time will tell if Mac can develop these players, but right now I don't think any UF fan should particularly thrilled about this class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do not post as frequently as I could...I do read here a lot. Just an observation from a neutral poster but avid gator fan, Law98gator reminds me of the bully in the bar(at the farrows table) in the movie Tombstone.
Do you know who that was under all that padding and makeup? Thanks for posting. Post more often and bring friends.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has anybody hear about this?

JUCO CB Joseph Putu has sent his LOI into Florida. Flips from Arkansas.

Read that from a comment section on Alligator Army.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't it ranked #1 and did jack squat?? .
Thats a great comparison really bc it was a class that was basically all defense no offense. Only two undersized 3 star OL. Poorly balanced classes can be disasters even if you grab several top players atone position, DL that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb