Disappointing Signing Day

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Billy Bob!

That is the oxking's all-time favorite movie. He's watched it 10,000 times.
I had no clue til years later. Also one of the minor parts was Stallone's brother and one of the cowboys-bit part- was either an Earp or a Clanton. I forget which.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
3d61745fe641c15357292866f4e5df28.jpg

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought ya'll were talking about the crying game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The #6 class is a solid class?

We filled almost every need.

We lost one LB and gained 3.
We lost 2 CBs and gained 3.
We lost 1 WR and gained 5 studs.
We lost one safety and gained 2
We lost 2 DEs and gained 3
Six? Is that a Gator ranking site?

Rivals has us 12th and they are the gold standard

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
You gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed? D@mn great movie.

The class left a less than stellar feeling in the soul, especially after all the ground we made up late last year after Mac arrived. I think after dropping 3 at the end of the year we'd like to wash the foul taste off the palate.

At least there's still bourbon.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
We filled needs, good class. Last year around 20, this year around ten, next year top five. Just have to keep building momentum with kids coming in next year like this. Our 5 * QB already committed saying...

Jake Allen™ @Jakeallen_14
Now let's go get a number one class!
1f40a.png
#Swamp17
3 retweets 5 likes

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jake Allen's enthusiasm makes it very easy to root for him. If he lives up to the hype and is able to help rally a top class for '17, we may be able to look back at that someday and say that was the point when things began to recover around here after the dreadful job Meyer and Muschamp did running our program into the ground.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Looking at Mac's first two classes has me thinking we'll be better in 2016 than 2017, 2018. That's a bad trend.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This class will be just fine.. We filled our needs especially at QB, K, WR, and RB. How did Urban's last class at UF turn out?? Wasn't it ranked #1 and did jack squat?? Its how they produce on the field so recruiting means nothing as of right now.

A little unbalanced, sure. But coached by anything other than the chimpanzee they were dealt, that 2010 class would've produced a ring of some sort.

Otherwise, I tend to agree. Not a great finish but not a hateful class. The problem we face is that we'll face half the teams that finished in front of us. So there is some merit to the sentiment that these classes won't cut it if our goal is to win championships.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We filled almost every need.

We lost one LB and gained 3.
We lost 2 CBs and gained 3.
We lost 1 WR and gained 5 studs.
We lost one safety and gained 2
We lost 2 DEs and gained 3

We lost our only DT and gained ..... oh yeah, nothing

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Jake Allen's enthusiasm makes it very easy to root for him. If he lives up to the hype and is able to help rally a top class for '17, we may be able to look back at that someday and say that was the point when things began to recover around here after the dreadful job Meyer and Muschamp did running our program into the ground.

Fully agree. It's the one thing we haven't had in a while--a top QB that has committed and is trying to rally other big names to make a special class. Grier tried but was battling 4-8 and Muschamp's stupidity. Driskel just wasn't that type and had plenty of people questioning his abilities at the next level. You'd have to go back to Cam in 2007 or Tebow in 2006 to have a similar feel.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
anyone else see this:

Just prior to Putu’s commitment, the Gators received notice from safety Antonio Nelson that he would be signing with UF.

But it’s unclear if Florida will accept his signed letter of intent after it appeared they had moved on from Nelson.

Tony Nelson with the #Florida hat in front of him. Big time DB #NSD pic.twitter.com/mqOxZYX5wo

— Stephen Gunter (@Stephen_Gunter) February 3, 2016

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what?

Inexperience and depth problems at LB, depth and size issues at DT, and a downgrade at DB with the probable losses of Tabor and Wilson. We may have an OK secondary then, but still not as good as last year and this year. We will have good pass rushers at least.

While I agree 2017 looks to be a down year, 2018 could be a lot better if next year's class is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.