91-100 Florida 1 FSU 0 Miami 1

Top 100 Florida 9 FSU 9 Miami 13 UG 2

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3555/0

Can you put that in a pie chart?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately for us this was a perfect storm for us to have a "down" (thats in quotes for a reason) year in recruiting. In a what have you done for me lately world we lost our last 3 games in a bad fashion, half ass u is the hot team in the state right now, Miami just made a big time hire in Richt who will start to keep south Florida talent at home, and it was a down year in the state and nation wide from a top talent standpoint. The one area that needs to be addressed is the defensive backfield. There was good talent in the state and we whiffed, but that was because Callahan was a crap recruiter, so good riddance. 247 has been hinting today that a hire will be made public soon and it ought to be a good one. I like the lb's we got. Reese has the size and ability to contribute early and Joseph and Moon are gonna be fun to watch when they fill out. I am super excited about this wr class. On paper they could be the best since Green, Hilliard, McGriff, and Anthony in '94. At qb we got a guy with all the talent in the world in Franks, and even though Trask is a relative unknown his measurables are what you look for in a qb and he flashes a talented arm on his film. I will trust Mac and Nuss' qb evaluation on Trask. As far as kicking goes can't argue with stealing the best one in the country from Saban. O line was a disappointment, but that has a little to do with the talent being down in the state. All in all I think we addressed our most pressing needs and saved some schollys for a massive class next year when the state talent looks to be much better.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you get to feelling too good about us adressing our needs just look at how our rivals are filling theirs.
I'm not concerned with anyone other than us. What they can, or can't, do with their recruits is not something we can control. With a high school caliber offense this past year we wipe the floor with almost everyone we played. So, I'm only interested in what WE do to solve that problem.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hey Gators...turn that frown upside down
It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.

We have a decent offense coming up in the fall and that will win us some games - the type that we shoulda/coulda won this year.
More points = more wins = better recruiting in 2017.

What really annoys the hell out of me is the
clown-fantasy-football-helmet.jpg
raking in about 18 four stars...and WTF? Georgia and Auburn?

Let's prove it on the field next year and things will take care of themselves naturally.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We got to upgrade our staff and spend money doing it. That's what itll take to go from top 10 to top 5
Sweet benji! So what do we need to do to get to the top 10? :lol2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Florida will be ok, but probably not great. They will have some stiff competition from the SEC East. UF could win it if they get a few breaks. What UF is really lacking is depth. Hopefully it will be Florida and Bama in the championship game again, just like it is supposed to be.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Florida will be ok, but probably not great. They will have some stiff competition from the SEC East. UF could win it if they get a few breaks. What UF is really lacking is depth. Hopefully it will be Florida and Bama in the championship game again, just like it is supposed to be.

274.gif

southerngrilling

Dec 5, 2015
Mac may be our mark richt. Only time will tell. But no doubt he got out recruited by Kirby smart today and that is sad.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Notice his handle is bama&gatorfan not gator&bamafan
Yes Bama primarily, but I lived in Gainesville for a few years.

I was also surprised to see Clemson at #10 on 247sports.com. Of course, these are just people's opinions, but I expected them to do better.

And Houston? They had a great year. They have to be disappointed.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I don't care how it's spun.

When you only pull 4 out of the top 50 in your own (and one of the most talent-rich) state (s) and you're the flagship school, that is unacceptable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TraskJay26 said:
as disappointed as everyone else (besides GatorKev, he is loving this)
So, which mod is going to change his name to Clownkev?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Just saw that Texas started the day ranked #32 and ended up #10 (ESPN).

That's how you're supposed to close. Good for Charlie.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Collins is trying to use us as a springboard to a head coaching job. Maybe we should all try and help a brother out? ;)
Im all for springboarding him right off the plank. Or waterboarding him until he admits he wants to resign immediately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just saw that Texas started the day ranked #32 and ended up #10 (ESPN).

That's how you're supposed to close. Good for Charlie.
Honestly, Texas should never in a million years be #32

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Thats a good point. We have never had two bad classes in a row since the late 80s. The echo of this failure will last for years. its hard to tell how this ends. Even when we have had bad coaches or coordinators we have always fielded superior or equal talent to everyone we faced,

That's not correct. FSU had better talent than we did during most of the 90's and even into the early 2000's and it really wasn't that close. Alabama probably had more talent than us consistently throughout most of the 90's. Tennessee was pretty loaded during the 90's, probably not better talent than us but most likely our equal.

As far as not having 2 bad years recruiting in a row, I guess that depends on how you define bad (i.e.- finishing outside the top 10 in recruiting, top 20, etc.?).

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Poorly balanced classes can be disasters even if you grab several top players atone position, DL that year.

I agree with you on that point. I've always said before that if a team can finish ranked in the top 10-12 recruiting wise they should be able to field a team that contends IF they fill their needs each year and don't have holes in the roster.(and IF the coaches can actually coach on game day). My biggest gripe with today's class is the positions where we didn't get any players or a very few players to commit. We need to eliminate the holes at different positions each season that seem to have popped up and plagued us going back to 2010-2011.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
upload_2016-2-3_23-33-41.jpeg

This is how I like to think Mac's speech to the coaching staff went today. Needs to get fixed immediately. More than 1 new hire needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb