Cece Jefferson 6-1 261
Jordan Sherit 6-4 254
Zachary Carter 6-5 250
Jabari Zuniga 6-3 245
Keivonnis Davis 6-4 241
Justus Reed 6-3 241
Jordan Smith 6-5 240
Antonneous Clayton 6-3 220

These look like old numbers, but it shows a lack of size for sure. Hopefully, we'll get an updated list soon, but probably not until Summer B sometime. We'll be lucking to have 6 300+ DLinemen, but only 2 with any real experience.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is almost a year old, roster was last updated in summer of 16.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Tedarell Slaton 6-4 360
Kyree Campbell 6-3 323
Khairi Clark 6-2 319
Elijah Conliffe 6-4 305
Taven Bryan 6-5 293
Richerd D-Jones 6-4 292
Jachai Polite 6-2 271
Luke Ancrum 6-5 262
Cece Jefferson 6-1 261
Jordan Sherit 6-4 254
Zachary Carter 6-5 250
Jabari Zuniga 6-3 245
Keivonnis Davis 6-4 241
Justus Reed 6-3 241
Jordan Smith 6-5 240
Antonneous Clayton 6-3 220

These look like old numbers, but it shows a lack of size for sure. Hopefully, we'll get an updated list soon, but probably not until Summer B sometime. We'll be lucking to have 6 300+ DLinemen, but only 2 with any real experience.

We should all have concerns about the DT positions. Clark & Bryan are solid, I think we should all feel okay about those two....after that? It's a toss-up.

As far as 300 pounders that are not true freshman: Bryan, Clark, and Desir-Jones (who I think will get several snaps per game). Then we have the 3 true freshman all over 300 (if Slaton qualifies we have 3). I expect at least 2 of those 3 to play. Also, consider that Riles could play DT this year....and he's 315-ish, maybe bigger at this point. That's 6 or 7 300 pounders.

I finally watched the spring game and one of the things that stuck out big-time was that walk-on MLB RJ Raymond got most of the snaps at DT! WTF? And our 1st team OL didn't create much running room on him either.

Polite lined up at DE a lot. I suspect he's still 265-275-ish. He needs to add 10+ lbs to be able to effectively play DT (which he'd likely do based on down & distance, doubtful he's there on a 3rd and 1 play). He gives us a good option for a heavy package along the line (when we want a DE that weighs more than 250, like most of our DE's).

CeCe said he's planning to put on 10+ lbs before the season, so he's another down & distance type inside option.

Ancrum is a year or two away from ever giving us real snaps at DT....if ever. Hopefully he puts on weight and plays quality downs before he leaves, but he's always been a reach/project type player.

So, if we stay healthy, I think we're okay depth wise at DT. But after the top 2 guys they are all young and raw. Slaton, Campbell, and Conliffe - just based on their size - should be able to give us some bull-rush downs and eat up some blockers (especially Slaton - PLEASE QUALIFY!!).

On the DE's; I think we are in great shape pass-rush wise. But not so much on run support. I keep seeing Davis and Zuniga being pushed out of position (last year). They need to improve their techniques and add 10 or so pounds.

I wish the UAA would get off their ass and release an updated roster!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should all have concerns about the DT positions. Clark & Bryan are solid, I think we should all feel okay about those two....after that? It's a toss-up.

As far as 300 pounders that are not true freshman: Bryan, Clark, and Desir-Jones (who I think will get several snaps per game). Then we have the 3 true freshman all over 300 (if Slaton qualifies we have 3). I expect at least 2 of those 3 to play. Also, consider that Riles could play DT this year....and he's 315-ish, maybe bigger at this point. That's 6 or 7 300 pounders.

I finally watched the spring game and one of the things that stuck out big-time was that walk-on MLB RJ Raymond got most of the snaps at DT! WTF? And our 1st team OL didn't create much running room on him either.

Polite lined up at DE a lot. I suspect he's still 265-275-ish. He needs to add 10+ lbs to be able to effectively play DT (which he'd likely do based on down & distance, doubtful he's there on a 3rd and 1 play). He gives us a good option for a heavy package along the line (when we want a DE that weighs more than 250, like most of our DE's).

CeCe said he's planning to put on 10+ lbs before the season, so he's another down & distance type inside option.

Ancrum is a year or two away from ever giving us real snaps at DT....if ever. Hopefully he puts on weight and plays quality downs before he leaves, but he's always been a reach/project type player.

So, if we stay healthy, I think we're okay depth wise at DT. But after the top 2 guys they are all young and raw. Slaton, Campbell, and Conliffe - just based on their size - should be able to give us some bull-rush downs and eat up some blockers (especially Slaton - PLEASE QUALIFY!!).

On the DE's; I think we are in great shape pass-rush wise. But not so much on run support. I keep seeing Davis and Zuniga being pushed out of position (last year). They need to improve their techniques and add 10 or so pounds.

I wish the UAA would get off their ass and release an updated roster!
Clark looked better in my opinion, but only a spring game. Yes we need Slaton to qualify big time. I saw Campbell get a big push on McCoy early, but that could just be a flash or a sign of a weak OL. We are saturated at DE from a pass rush perspective. We need Polite and Jefferson to help in the run game. Sherit definitely came on last year, so I hope he's back to game shape soon. Even if Riles moves over, I have little faith he'll contribute. I think Conliffe and Slaton add the most potential, but Campbell will be interesting to watch. We need a QB to step up and relieve the D of some pressure.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Clark looked better in my opinion, but only a spring game. Yes we need Slaton to qualify big time. I saw Campbell get a big push on McCoy early, but that could just be a flash or a sign of a weak OL. We are saturated at DE from a pass rush perspective. We need Polite and Jefferson to help in the run game. Sherit definitely came on last year, so I hope he's back to game shape soon. Even if Riles moves over, I have little faith he'll contribute. I think Conliffe and Slaton add the most potential, but Campbell will be interesting to watch. We need a QB to step up and relieve the D of some pressure.

Regarding Sherit; most people forget - Sherit started at DE. CeCe Jefferson did not. He was a back up, until Sherit was lost to injury. Sherit is not a flashy, super-star DE, but he's our most well rounded DE (he can play the run well and effectively pass rush). I suspect he starts at DE along w/ Jefferson, if he's healthy. Zuniga & Davis, along w/ Polite are our next 3 (in no particular order). Polite is a great option as a 3rd and short DE.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding Sherit; most people forget - Sherit started at DE. CeCe Jefferson did not. He was a back up, until Sherit was lost to injury. Sherit is not a flashy, super-star DE, but he's our most well rounded DE (he can play the run well and effectively pass rush). I suspect he starts at DE along w/ Jefferson, if he's healthy. Zuniga & Davis, along w/ Polite are our next 3 (in no particular order). Polite is a great option as a 3rd and short DE.
It will be interesting to see how Clayton progresses. He was a beast at the Under Armour practices and ended up sick last year. Even if he is just a pass rush situation guy, we need him to contribute

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DT is definitely an area of concern. I hope Clark has improved because he didnt stick out much last last season when playing. If Jefferson is only going to weigh 265 I dont see how that wouldnt be a liability against the run using him at DT. I did see him blow up some plays at DE running around Forsythe I think it was easily.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
DT is definitely an area of concern. I hope Clark has improved because he didnt stick out much last last season when playing. If Jefferson is only going to weigh 265 I dont see how that wouldnt be a liability against the run using him at DT. I did see him blow up some plays at DE running around Forsythe I think it was easily.

Jefferson will be a "down & distance" DT (only used there on passing downs; 3rd and long, etc). Same w/ Polite. At 265+, Jefferson & Sherit give us two solid DE's that can pass rush and play the run. Our starting DL is going to be fine. It's the DT depth where we should be concerned. Clark won't be All-SEC, but he'll be adequate. Same w/ Bryan. We need another DT to step up (hopefully another 2 or 3).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jefferson will be a "down & distance" DT (only used there on passing downs; 3rd and long, etc). Same w/ Polite. At 265+, Jefferson & Sherit give us two solid DE's that can pass rush and play the run. Our starting DL is going to be fine. It's the DT depth where we should be concerned. Clark won't be All-SEC, but he'll be adequate. Same w/ Bryan. We need another DT to step up (hopefully another 2 or 3).
2-3 can't expect to get through and SEC schedule with less than a minimum of 4

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
2-3 can't expect to get through and SEC schedule with less than a minimum of 4

Doug, I agree. I think we're going to have (besides Bryan & Clark): Slaton (if he qualifies), Desir-Jones, Polite, Campbell, Conliffe, and Jefferson (as needed). We may also see Riles there (who has played 6 games at DT). We have the bodies, we just need a few of these others to contribute. Regardless, if there's injuries they're going to HAVE to play (unless we plan to line up 4 DE's). Hell, the way RJ Raymond played he could be an option!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.