Doering on UF WR's

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen will treat Franks similar to Tebow early in his career, give him a quarter of the field to read if not there, run. Not saying same ball park in mental skills (mostly nowhere near equal in maturity). But unlike Nuss, who was forcing Franks who was too raw coming in as a Freshman to read the entire field with receivers who couldn't run routes at all. I expect our receivers to have the ability to run routes (something that has been missing 7 out of 8 years), and Franks not to be asked to read more than he can handle. That still means the ceiling to our offense will be low, but I do expect Franks to look better because he isn't going to be asked to do as much.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
None of our QBs will look as bad, bc the wont be put in entirely predictable positions such as always running play action on 3rd down, and fooling absolutely no one onnthe defense and then running the play to #4 Powell

every

single

time

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
None of our QBs will look as bad, bc the wont be put in entirely predictable positions such as always running play action on 3rd down, and fooling absolutely no one onnthe defense and then running the play to #4 Powell

every

single

time

But it will work this time...

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Is it me or did that actually sound POSITIVE???

Well the guy that we hired consistently had a top 60 total offense in the SEC West so I’m confident our offense is not going to be in the 100s anymore. It still amazes me that a top tier program like UF has had this long of an offensive drought but I guess that’s what you get when you have dumbazzes like Foley running the show.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Is it me or did that actually sound POSITIVE???
I don't care if I'm quoted in sigs (it's flattering as I'm in over 100 sigs on the GCMB and am a deity here), but they need to be accurate quotes. You can't change them and then claim I made them. Either fix it or remove my name.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Well the guy that we hired consistently had a top 60 total offense in the SEC West so I’m confident our offense is not going to be in the 100s anymore. It still amazes me that a top tier program like UF has had this long of an offensive drought but I guess that’s what you get when you have dumbazzes like Foley running the show.
its that damned pendulum...........SOS shot it so far to the other way it had that much momentum going the other way..........God
certainly frowned on the gators awhile now............

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I don't care if I'm quoted in sigs (it's flattering as I'm in over 100 sigs on the GCMB and am a deity here), but they need to be accurate quotes. You can't change them and then claim I made them. Either fix it or remove my name.
Says the man that accuses me all the time of being drunk and flying the fckn Russian flag...........Im glad you noticed it and have such a great sense of humor......................consider it done.............

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Says the man that accuses me all the time of being drunk and flying the fckn Russian flag...........Im glad you noticed it and have such a great sense of humor......................consider it done.............
You fly a Russian flag?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
its that damned pendulum...........SOS shot it so far to the other way it had that much momentum going the other way..........God
certainly frowned on the gators awhile now............
Stephen
Our OL recruiting fell off at the end of Spurrier so I guess that the pendulum started falling back as SOS headed for the NFL. Meyer certainly pushed the offense back to the top of the pendulum swing. Hopefully Mullen replicates Meyer. We have plenty of good WRs now like SOS had but OL and QB need fixing.

Can relate on Ox saying things about you that are not true.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well the guy that we hired consistently had a top 60 total offense in the SEC West so .
Top 60...

as if that is a good thing.

my God how weve fallen.

We just want a guy who can take top 20 talent... and make a top 60 team.

:lmao2:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was gonna say top 55.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Meyer certainly pushed the offense back to the top of the pendulum swing. .
Meyers average offense was lower than Zook's. Zooks worst year was top 20.

Defense, ST, recruiting.. no comaprison of course.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen will treat Franks similar to Tebow early in his career, give him a quarter of the field to read if not there, run. Not saying same ball park in mental skills (mostly nowhere near equal in maturity). But unlike Nuss, who was forcing Franks who was too raw coming in as a Freshman to read the entire field with receivers who couldn't run routes at all. I expect our receivers to have the ability to run routes (something that has been missing 7 out of 8 years), and Franks not to be asked to read more than he can handle. That still means the ceiling to our offense will be low, but I do expect Franks to look better because he isn't going to be asked to do as much.

I doubt Franks is able to run decent against any SEC opponent we face. Yes he may break a run here and there for a good gain due to having some open field speed but when he runs it I see a bunch of runs for just a couple of yards. Also with his decision making I think he will screw up his basic reads on that stuff quite a bit and do the opposite of what it calls for just like Driskel in 2014 before they pretty much put an end to his option runs mostly.

Wouldn't surprise me if he looks good against that opening joke opponent getting everyones hopes up and then comes crashing down even against lowly KY.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Meyers average offense was lower than Zook's. Zooks worst year was top 20.

Defense, ST, recruiting.. no comaprison of course.

Meyers 07, 08 and 09 offenses were better than any offense in the Zook years even though 09 was mostly a paper tiger that didnt show up in the bigger games.

Zook's offense was a crappy #55 or #46 in yards per game in 03 depending on what source is used.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I know this a novel idea but Im gonna let this guy coach em up a few times before I look for sharp objects. Sounds like the S&C coach is doing good things this summer. I certainly like Millens better than what has stood in as an offensive coach the last 10 years......but then again I AM the eternal optimist.........

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know this a novel idea but Im gonna let this guy coach em up a few times before I look for sharp objects. Sounds like the S&C coach is doing good things this summer. I certainly like Millens better than what has stood in as an offensive coach the last 10 years......but then again I AM the eternal optimist.........

I didn't like the hire but hope he can turn things around but this recruiting stuff has me losing faith quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb