Doering on UF WR's

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Billy G can coach up our WRs and there will be a positive noticeable difference in their play this year. Can't get any worse!

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Hopefully Billy G can coach up our WRs and there will be a positive noticeable difference in their play this year. Can't get any worse!

Should be a significant improvement over Kerry Dixon. And the addition of Grimes and Jefferson certainly helps regardless, even if they don’t get to play this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bird missing the point as always. Are we HAPPY to have Van Jefferson, of course, assuming UAA ever files an appeal for him and it gets approved sometime this year.

Is he a Heisman contender or even a proven elite receiver? Of course, not. He is a 500 yard per year WR so far. I suspect that is what he will be this year too.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It cant get any worse, but the rap on all our WRs under Billy G (even Harvin) was "cant run routes". This is primarily bc Mullinz system doesnt run complicated routes though.

I expect a couple of 500 yard receivers.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
What the hell are you talking about. An NFL team will trade for a player whose best year was 2 years ago with 543 yards receiving in NCAA football.

You're famous go to is changing the subject (earlier with Grier) or telling people how emotional they are or wrong they are without actual facts to back it up. You are acting like Van Jefferson is all SEC. Here are his two years of stats:

In two years in an offense that passes more than McElwain's or Mullen's he has basically a 1000 yards and 4 tds. I know that is ground breaking stats right there for the one receiver you are pinning your hopes on.

In 2016 his big games were Alabama (91 yards) and Memphis (79 yards). I know Memphis is that SEC West powerhouse defense right? The next high for him was 52 yards vs Vanderbilt (another one of those SEC West Powerhouses).

In 2017 his big games were California (94 yards) SEC West Powerhouse, Auburn (89 yards), and Kentucky (82 yards) also huge defensive juggernaut of the SEC West. His next high was against Arkansas at 55 yards.

Here are some low lights for you against great SEC Powerhouse Defenses Wofford 31 yards, Georgia Southern 49 yards, Tennesse-Martin 30 yards, Vanderbilt (2017) 13 yards, Louisiana (not LSU) 29 yards.

14 our of 22 games have been under 50 yards, 17 our of 22 have been under 60 yards, 22 out of 22 have been under 100 yards.

It's time to pump the brakes on your great hope.
Wrong again. Nice try though

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Well, you convinced me with that rock-solid rebuttal.
It was good wasn't it. I hope I didn't make it to long for him. Douglas put so much work into that moot point I didn't want him to get discouraged. He thinks a WR who puts up 90 yards versus Bama and a TD versus one of the DBUs in LSU can only hope to produce in the SEC East.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was good wasn't it. I hope I didn't make it to long for him. Douglas put so much work into that moot point I didn't want him to get discouraged. He thinks a WR who puts up 90 yards versus Bama and a TD versus one of the DBUs in LSU can only hope to produce in the SEC East.

So any receiver that puts up 90 yards against Alabama once, is great. And a receiver that scores one td in two games against LSU..

Treon Harris is all SEC then:
upload_2018-7-11_13-28-52.png

same with Andre Goolsby (2016 SEC Championship Game):
upload_2018-7-11_13-30-36.png

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Doug, I suggest you not bother. It's the old saying about getting down in the mud with a pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb