Does everyone agree that Graham Hall sucks at his job?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
When are they going to figure out that to make money today you must have a GREAT WEBSITE full of content not available elsewere (not just AP wire shyt from the day before yesterday) that produces advertising revenue that also happens to print these stories for the elderly who still read print?

Would they exist at all at the moment if it werent for publishing legal notices?
I still prefer the paper crosswords.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This x 1,000. Dooley knew all along that S&C was a hot mess. He knew of the dysfunction in the program but was too chicken $hit to do anything.

When we were getting clobbered by Arkansas or Michigan, he could have called Mac out, written a great article, and maybe helped right the ship. Instead, he and Andreau were writing recycled crap.

I don't even go to the site anymore, b/c what's the point.

Actually, they were worse than that. Not only were they not saying or writing anything, Dooley was mocking us for saying that things seemed wrong. We became the "Gidiots" because we dared say something negative.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The GS hasn't had exceptional journalism since Jack Hairston. Beeeeeonkeee is where it took a turn and Dooley has kept it at the bottom of the abyss.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The reference to the great Jack Hairston brought back some great old memories. When I was in my early twenties, I worked for a company that received newspapers every day from all over the SE. I got to enjoy the actual journalism that was the stock-in-trade of REAL HONEST TO GOD SPORTSWRITERS like Jack and Bill Kastelz of the Florida Times Union, and others too numerous to mention. There was one wickedly funny and very truthful writer names Rex Edmonson, at the old Jax Journal, who had zero fear of speaking truth to power. In Dickey's last year, he hired SOS to coach the QBs/WRsw. As many know, Dickey wasn't exactly universally acclaimed for his superlative intellect. Edmonson observed in his column, right after the news broke, that Dickeys' hiring of Spurrier was such a good idea, that he was surprised they thought of it. Oh for the days of truth and wit.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I Present the suns latest hard-hitting journalism: quoting what Dan Mullen told the crowd at half during the b-ball game. This investigative piece was followed up with, he took pics with Vitale and spoke with the Rowdy Reptiles.

Solid effort sun, keep up the hard work.

"New Florida football coach Dan Mullen addressed the crowd during halftime of the Florida-Baylor game Saturday, asking for support from the fans for UF’s spring game April 14 at The Swamp.

“That standard is not just SEC, but national championships,” said Mullen, who was offensive coordinator under Urban Meyer for UF’s national title teams in 2006 and 2008. “That’s what we promise we’re going to bring back to you here in The Swamp in Gainesville and put the Gators back on top as the most dominating team in the United States of America.

“Our guys are working their tail off right now to live up to what we know the Gators standard is. And that Gators standard is about having a national championship baseball team, about any team that tries to come in here as No. 1 in the country like Oklahoma tried to do (Friday) night (in gymnastics,) they’re going to go home with a loss.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator