Does Foley Have Brain One?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n89955 said:
We had the #1 recruiting class in the entire nation in Meyer's last year.

Powered by a few super studs on defense; Elam, Easley and Floyd. That class was pure garbage in terms of offense. Wanna know who the most productive offensive players were from that class on offense, take your pick: Soloman Patton, Mack Brown or Quinton Dunbar? Everyone else is either gone or total busts.

Nobody has ever denied we have had talent on defense, but those back-to-back years of offensive recruiting were beyond horrible. Guess who the best offensive recruits were from the next year? Clay Burton, Jeff Driskel, Valdez Showers and Tevin Westbrook. Good God, consecutive years (started during Meyer's meltdown) of absolute crap on offense. Hell, Showers and Westbrook were converted to offense from defense. Foley knows this as well as anyone. Nonetheless, he gave Muschamp a chance, he'll soon be gone.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n89987 said:
Anyone in management that doesn't know when and how to fire
someone doesn't need to be in management. Look what
he did with the Myer situation. He waited a year longer than
he should have. And it cost us dearly.

Ok, all of you people who keep claiming to have your management guru card...

Have you ever managed a college athletic program? Are you considering the distinctives that differentiate it from other "management" positions?
If Foley does fire Muschamp tomorrow, when do you think we'll get the next head coach?
If Muschamp get's canned tomorrow, do you really expect a recruiting bump before a new HC is named?
I won't ask this one, cause who knows what color crazy I'll get, but firing WM before the Georgia game will not help our team or program bounce back any faster.

Many of you just want blood. You're upset about the state of the program (as I am) and you want the lynching done now. ...and if you can't get what you want when you want it, whether or not it makes sense, you'll go after whatever's getting in the way. Take a deep breath, hope for improvement, development, and maybe even wins.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n90046 said:
Ok, all of you people who keep claiming to have your management guru card...

Have you ever managed a college athletic program? Are you considering the distinctives that differentiate it from other "management" positions?
If Foley does fire Muschamp tomorrow, when do you think we'll get the next head coach?
If Muschamp get's canned tomorrow, do you really expect a recruiting bump before a new HC is named?
I won't ask this one, cause who knows what color crazy I'll get, but firing WM before the Georgia game will not help our team or program bounce back any faster.

Many of you just want blood. You're upset about the state of the program (as I am) and you want the lynching done now. ...and if you can't get what you want when you want it, whether or not it makes sense, you'll go after whatever's getting in the way. Take a deep breath, hope for improvement, development, and maybe even wins.

That's refreshing... Thanks!

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Revenues from football are down some now
and will be down sharply for the next couple
of years bar a miracle happening.

Maybe Jeremy Foley will think twice before giving two
raises(contract extensions) within one year again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n90046 said:
blah fvkking blah i love losers i'm a muschimp myself

You, Coach 9 and Alagator. You don't get it. You are circus sideshows at this point. People just point and laugh and keep on walking.

Hell, if Sasquash is more sane.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n90046 said:
but firing WM before the Georgia game will not help our team or program bounce back any faster.
Chimp is too much of a mouthbreating idiot to take the headphones off when the offense is on the field and he continues to go on his "we need to run the ball" rants so it's obvious he's going to continue down the same path, so yes taking him out of hte equation immediately increases our chances of pulling out a few victories between now and Thanksgiving.

Throwing a loser overboard can often result in quick turnarounds just like it did at USCw. Proving that UF is just a decent coach away from actually scoring on offense and winning games will have recruits flocking back, just like they did at USCw.

It's time to get the dawg**** off our shoes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n90030 said:
Let's also not forget that we hired the defensive coordinator off of a 5~7 team. Players weren't exactly excited about it
Chimp turned both Texass and Barn into losers in just a few years with his vision of football.

Quite a resume.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm ready to see Foley publicly executed. Just haven't decided if I prefer firing squad, hanging, stoning...so many choices.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n90060 said:
Throwing a loser overboard can often result in quick turnarounds just like it did at USCw. Proving that UF is just a decent coach away from actually scoring on offense and winning games will have recruits flocking back, just like they did at USCw.
USC did it 5 games into the season, and they did it the right way.

Haden didn't bother even waiting until sunrise, didn't even bother waiting until October. The decision was made by USC administrators during the second half of the ASU collapse. Upon returning to LAX, Kiffin was pulled of the team bus and told of his firing in the parking lot, according to the Los Angeles Daily News. The bus was then sent back to campus.

Things improved immediately, and they went 7-2 the rest of the way.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n90064 said:
USC did it 5 games into the season, and they did it the right way.

Things improved immediately, and they went 7-2 the rest of the way.

And do we even want to get into the fact that Kiffin had the built-in excuse of scholarship reductions due to improper conduct of the previous staff.

"Broken program" anyone?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n90053 said:
Revenues from football are down some now
and will be down sharply for the next couple
of years bar a miracle happening.

Much like other universities around the nation the revenues due to football were down last year.

According to the UAA presentations (on the Gatorzone website) from 2010-2014 the football gross revenues are as follows for the last 5 years.
2009 - $59.57 Million
2010 - $64.27 Million
2011 - $64.47 Million
2012 - $65.93 Million
2013 - $63.53 Million

Now this year the expected football gross revenue according to the UAA financial plan is $68.31 Million.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the SEC network is nice.

But empty seats cost a lot of money. 10,000 seats is at least 1,000,000 by the time you throw in concession and other revenue.

I see you are happy to be less than Vandy. Good for you, 78. Good for you.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Swamp Queen;n90063 said:
I'm ready to see Foley publicly executed. Just haven't decided if I prefer firing squad, hanging, stoning...so many choices.
Stoning

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n90078 said:
I think he's been stoned for a while, like when they came up with the "just let Daz handle the show for a year" plan.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n90076 said:
Yeah, the SEC network is nice.

But empty seats cost a lot of money. 10,000 seats is at least 1,000,000 by the time you throw in concession and other revenue.

I see you are happy to be less than Vandy. Good for you, 78. Good for you.

The SEC Network has been taken into account unless you are saying what we expect for next year. There are plenty of reasons to get rid of the current coaching staff. We just don't need to make up reasons for it to happen. It's should be beanth us. Apparently not.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Foley is the CEO of one of the highest revenue machines in the country (athletics wise), and has made some mistakes, but I don't for one second believe that any of you could do any better. Well, I believe most of you could not.

Does he deserve some heat for the current state of Florida football? yes, but firing him, calling him names, and saying that he has no idea what he is doing is laughable (as most of you hating on him are). I am willing to bet most of you have a negative net worth and have a hard time running your own household, but say you are better to run the UF athletic department than he is, now that is just funny.

If he were to hire a great coach that returned us to glory, those of you that are talking the worst about him now would be his biggest pumpers.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
playzwtrux;n90093 said:
Foley is the CEO of one of the highest revenue machines in the country (athletics wise), and has made some mistakes, but I don't for one second believe that any of you could do any better. Well, I believe most of you could not.

Does he deserve some heat for the current state of Florida football? yes, but firing him, calling him names, and saying that he has no idea what he is doing is laughable (as most of you hating on him are). I am willing to bet most of you have a negative net worth and have a hard time running your own household, but say you are better to run the UF athletic department than he is, now that is just funny.

If he were to hire a great coach that returned us to glory, those of you that are talking the worst about him now would be his biggest pumpers.

Well I bet that many have a positive net worth, and are just frustrated with the situation. Now I could not run the athletic department better, but sometimes I think I could call better plays and sit those who don't run the correct routes, miss protections etc. Now I believe in making things simple so you can do them correctly. The idea that champ just notices that the offense and somewhat the defense needs to be simple so they can run it properly.

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Fire that freaking Mullen! I remember when he was blamed for everything, even the '08 market crash. Sorry, I digress....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
playzwtrux;n90093 said:
Foley is the CEO of one of the highest revenue machines in the country (athletics wise),
Doesn't mean he has the right stuff for the job anymore. Anyone who looks at the football situation with a sharp mind would be able to make a definite decision given the last 2 years......And that decision is to get Muschamp off the property yesterday. He has a track record of doing damage to the program....he will do more damage before Foley acts accordingly....not to mention the fact he is screwing us recruiting wise more than likely on purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator