Does Foley Have Brain One?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n90149 said:
then why didn't he fire him? It seems like he's trying to give him a chance to save his job.
He gave him one more year. Why do you think he'd be firing him mid season when he didn't fire him after last year? He said they would evaluate the direction as the season progressed and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in place through the final game. I was prepared for this, so I'm not going nuts like so many others. The folks that were late to the party are going through what I' did the second half of last season and all offseason. A few more weeks and the coaching search can begin publicly for us all the speculate about. You aren't getting anyone to bail on their current gig midseason...except for maybe Petrino.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maillot Jaune;n90172 said:
Foley has already told Muschamp he's gone. It's up to WM if he wants to resign or be fired. This alleviates all the going behind the back drama.

Who told you that? Why would he resign - that would be crazy to do with his contract. I have no knowledge on it but still think Foley would retain him if he pulled off a miracle and won all the games pre-FSU.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n90177 said:
He gave him one more year. Why do you think he'd be firing him mid season when he didn't fire him after last year? He said they would evaluate the direction as the season progressed and I wouldn't be surprised if he's in place through the final game. I was prepared for this, so I'm not going nuts like so many others. The folks that were late to the party are going through what I' did the second half of last season and all offseason. A few more weeks and the coaching search can begin publicly for us all the speculate about. You aren't getting anyone to bail on their current gig midseason...except for maybe Petrino.

you know I've been in the same boat as you. I just want the search to start and I'm also ready to watch our team play on the sidelines. It's just peace of mind

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n90186 said:
you know I've been in the same boat as you. I just want the search to start and I'm also ready to watch our team play on the sidelines. It's just peace of mind

We've waited this long, we can wait a few more weeks. Hoops are just around the corner, so we have that going for us...which is nice.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n90198 said:
Look, it is not complicated. There are only 3 choices.

a) He will do enough to keep his job-even if the season is average (whatever the number of wins Foley comes up with)
b) Fire him now.
c) Fire him at the end of the season.

He just should communicate more clearly with the fan base. If he was any other AD-this would not be tolerated. Waiting two weeks to fire him after GA would make no difference, unless there was something specif in the contract that says we have to wait until then. The reason why people are so antsy about this is because after GSU, most people expected him to get fired. But he got another year. So the fact that people "know" he is going to get fired means nothing. What if Foley decides that he is going to keep WM around in 2015 and retire next year?.

Not gonna happen. He's toast and there's no need worrying about it. We'll be lucky to win 2 more games and that isn't gonna get him retained. Firing him now would just appease the loud portion of the fan base. Like I said, we've waited this long...

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't we cement a pole in a tire, tip it back, let it go, and let it hit Foley in the head, maybe he will start making better decisions. I hear that it works.

By the way...... Ox, do you still love everyone?

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
not firing wm after a bad loss to ga will be so ugly in the swamp for the remaining games, so please have no recruits show up for the booo feast

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Fishon;n89802 said:
Must ramp? Jesus Christ, people. I'm constantly amazed by the number of attempts at humor here that fall completely on their face.

This is not a defense of Muschamp, just a plea for sad attempts at cleverness to end

From THE greatest film ever, "Lighten up Francis"

Maillot Jaune

Oct 14, 2014
Gator Fever;n90182 said:
Who told you that? Why would he resign - that would be crazy to do with his contract. I have no knowledge on it but still think Foley would retain him if he pulled off a miracle and won all the games pre-FSU.

It's done. They can always negotiate the terms of his dismissal. He'll get paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator