Does Spurrier go after Champ?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WOW, 2 ex-UF football coaching at USC on the same sideline? Weird.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SC will be tough, but SOS will have a new QB, and road games at Athens, Knoxville, the other Columbia, and College Station. Tough slate.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ockgator;n108039 said:
Seeing as how Ga.Southern figured out WM's defense I'm sure our OC (new,same?) can figure it out too.
+1

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would make a lot of football sense for Muschamp the go to Carolina but I'm not sure of it would make a lot of economic sense. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not familiar with the stipulations, but doesn't Muschamp make $2million a year for the next three years on his Gator contract and would have to forfeit that if he took another job? No way he woud make more than $1million as a D-coordinator.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thats an interesting statement, I had no idea that taking another coaching job woud cause him to forfeit obligated gator money. Is there something out there that gives the details? Is it any coaching gig at all or one where he will coach against us?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fedora needs defensive help in Chapel Hill. The bonus there is Muschamp wouldn't have to worry about his players going to class since it is no longer required.:dance:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n108232 said:
I think it would make a lot of football sense for Muschamp the go to Carolina but I'm not sure of it would make a lot of economic sense. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not familiar with the stipulations, but doesn't Muschamp make $2million a year for the next three years on his Gator contract and would have to forfeit that if he took another job? No way he woud make more than $1million as a D-coordinator.

Foley said there was no mitigation clause in his contract. The assistants do have mitigation clauses. So it looks like $2MM a year plus his salary, unless Foley misspoke.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is my prediction. I think Champ works for Spurrier and learns offense and becomes the next HC at South Carolina.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said months ago that WM would end up coaching somewhere else and beating us.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator