• No

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If CDM would now start Trask, would it not be an embarrassing admission that he made a terrible mistake at the start of the season?

Not necessarily.

I don’t think the gap between them is all that great from a skill setting. Where I do think the gap between them is quite large, is how they pick up their teammates. Franks has always looked disinterested to me.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not necessarily.

I don’t think the gap between them is all that great from a skill setting. Where I do think the gap between them is quite large, is how they pick up their teammates. Franks has always looked disinterested to me.
Surely it is an admission that he picked the wrong guy initially and must now rely on a QB that would now be much better had he gotten the reps he deserved.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Trask with some EJ, Pierce 15 carries and Toney all over the field. Time to put the playmakers on the field.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think he is actually worse when he has time and is just standing in the pocket trying to do the pocket passer thing, better when moving out of the pocket after being flushed.

He is worse when he has time and sits in the pocket surveying the field. It’s crazy, QB’s want all the time their oline can give them. But for Franks, it makes him think more, which is bad for the offense.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don't know. I think he stuck with hell well beyond what he thought was fair.

We will see.

Probably starts Franks with the condition that he’ll yank him a lot sooner if we’re looking inept again. He said to expect EJ in two more games, I got to believe that one will definitely be the bowl game after all that extra practice. Maybe he starts him that game, if QB play remains this abysmal. Not sure what the other game will be, maybe the Noles since he played him against the Dawgs to throw a different wrinkle. All I know is that the most important game left, and probably the most important one going into this year was the one in tally. We have got to win that one no excuse, hopefully we throw everything at them and the defense shows up.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Bring on DJ Durkin; get rid of third and Grantham. His D sucked balls last two weeks.

Feleipe Franks Sucks ?Syndrome is incurable and hopeless. The Sh!tter is full.

The Trask is at hand. In all kinds of weather...Go Gators

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bring on DJ Durkin; get rid of third and Grantham. His D sucked balls last two weeks.

Feleipe Franks Sucks ?Syndrome is incurable and hopeless. The Sh!tter is full.

The Trask is at hand. In all kinds of weather...Go Gators

Holy ****. Where’s the Tylenol...

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Looks like Mullen is no better than Chump or Butters. He's joins the club of imbeciles that hitched their wagon to the wrong horse. Driskel/Brissett, DeRio/Greir and now Franks/Trask.EJ.Toney.anyone that can fog a mirror. Its really quite dumbfounding. What the hell is wrong with these guys decision making abilities. I'm at a complete loss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not necessarily.

With Trash, you have to can the option game altogether or bring in EJ or a wildcat to run it. Not that Franks was lighting up the world but teams didnat least know he would occasionally run.

I dont know how you run Mullinz offense with Trash. I also dont know how you change the offense in a week.

I also dont know how you send Franks back out there.

Or how you redshirt EJ, bc you still need him for wildcat. Or do you run it with Kadarius?

We will see what happens now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s about time Trask gets an opportunity. Tick tock donkey... Trask-train’s a coming.
Yeah, this shytfest just gets more messy from here. Did you watch Trash freezing when pressured and standing like a statue back there doing the nervous happy feet hop? Throwing off one foot a couple of times? The other teams did.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If CDM would now start Trask, would it not be an embarrassing admission that he made a terrible mistake at the start of the season?
Yes, but he's fuk'ed worse if he trots FF back out there to crap his drawers once again, when anyone with better than 20/200 can see the kid is a one-man sh#t-show.

All he has to do is throw out the typical coach-speak, that he's disappointed in FF progress and that Kyle has earned the start through his hard work this week in practice. Everyone not related to Franks is going to be thankful they don't have to watch Franks flailing attempts at hitting an open receiver.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have several good rb’s, and receivers.

From my perspective we are still tons better than last year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Trask could somehow lead us to wins over SC and FSU he will be a legend even if he never plays another down after that.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

No.

There could be myriad reasons to roll with Franks first. He does have physical tools that are fantastic. Mullen was clearly bringing Franks along slowly, building his confidence and protecting him and fostering his success through scheme and play design. It seems reasonable to give Franks a chance to prove he can grow with proper development.

It's also true that Franks was executing better earlier in the year than he is now. ...even against good competition. I'm also confident that Mullen does know more about the relative strengths and weaknesses of the QB's. Franks may excel in areas that Trask and Jones don't. I believe Mullen will have all of the advantages and disadvantages of being close to the situation. ...better knowledge of what's really going on (especially in light of plays called and what each QB can do with them) and being 'too close to the situation.'

I don't think Jones is ready, based mostly on what Mullen said last week about knowing the offense. If you have the base offense down, then only the new installations each week are new to you. If you don't know the base offense, then more of it is new to you and you're at a disadvantage. Certainly some of this is due to Jones not getting second team reps all season and some of it is due to him being a first year player.

As fans, this seems like a much simpler decision than for the people actually leading the team and the QBs. ...and the simple perspective (in sports, politics, relationships, etc.) always makes one feel confident that the solution is easy. Having said that, I would rather Trask start against USCe.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Guessing one of the first things Mullen says in his postgame is that Franks is still his QB.
He was very close to saying just that but knew he couldn't get away with it, so he obfuscated instead, saying something close to "I made changes in running back too but nobody wants to ask about that" blah, blah, blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.