Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trask deserves a shot to start. I really want to win but cannot stomach any more of Girranks.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how Mullen can run Franks out there next week. I just don't see how.
After listening to Mullen in the post-game presser, I gotta strong feeling he goes back to Franks.

"Unless there's a drastic change," he said.

There wasn't a drastic change in the game outlook -- not when pass rush and coverage are just as lacking -- and there won't be a drastic change in practice.

Mullen put an exclamation point on the subject by noting too much is made of the quarterback position, that he also put Pierce in the game and the change from Scarlett-Perine was just as significant. You're looking for a spark, he said.

I expect to see Franks back.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I expect to see Franks back.

Yeah me too. I voted no on the poll because I really don't think Mullen makes a change. Problem is, Trask may be a better passer than Franks but that doesn't make him good. I just wish he would go all in on EJ and live with the decision. Why in the heck does redshirting him matter so much.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah me too. I voted no on the poll because I really don't think Mullen makes a change. Problem is, Trask may be a better passer than Franks but that doesn't make him good. I just wish he would go all in on EJ and live with the decision. Why in the heck does redshirting him matter so much.
We've only seen snippets of Jones. He's shown equal parts spark and inconsistency. Mullen probably views what he can do with him in practice as just as important as what he can accomplish in games, esp with only a few remaining.

Which boils the question down to: Would you rather see EJ get a sloppy head start on his future, which could negatively impact his confidence, or come in next season bigger, stronger and more mentally prepared for a fast start and with up to four years to expand on that?

I understand Mullen's reluctance to burn a year that's probably capped as it is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Would you start EJ next season?
If he can grasp the offense and the finer aspects of the position, yes. I think you have to unless we sign Bryant.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That means we start EJ 3 games from now. Screw it, throw him in now.
That's a lot more than three games. It's 10 more months of physical and mental maturation plus spring practice. That's significant.

Well see what happens but I give zero odds to him not redshirting Jones.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
That's a lot more than three games. It's 10 more months of physical and mental maturation plus spring practice. That's significant.

Well see what happens but I give zero odds to him not redshirting Jones.

I agree he redshirts. Mullen is very quick to shoot down him playing so...how many teams play freshman and do good with them? Several. This offense needs a duel threat QB and we don't have one now.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree he redshirts. Mullen is very quick to shoot down him playing so...how many teams play freshman and do good with them? Several. This offense needs a duel threat QB and we don't have one now.
Not just a dual-threat QB. A dual-threat QB who can run between the tackles. That's what opens up the other areas of Mullen's offense.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
When E J muffed the pitch on the option he, nonetheless, showed more understanding of the play than either Franks or Trask have shown in executing it.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Kinda soon to make that determination and I certainly don't want ANY returning players guaranteed squat. They need to fight, kick, scream and play at a much higher level before being adorned with a starting position....

Obviously Franks has Mullen convinced he can win. I am afraid we end up in the same position next yr.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Obviously Franks has Mullen convinced he can win. I am afraid we end up in the same position next yr.
I think Del Rio must have rubbed off on Franks but I think(hope) Mullen picked Franks because he is somewhat more athletic hoping he turned into a better runner.

At this point I hope Trask starts next week but in reality he will only look better than Franks maybe for a game or 2...….I'd really like to see EJ get some reps despite the results just to see what he's made of....we haven't seen enough IMO to know whether he is the QB of the future.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless who plays, we're gonna limp to the finish line. We have too many issues across the board.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fun fact: If Trask starts next week, it’ll be the 9th straight year since Tebow left that we’ve not had the same starting QB in every game during a season. And when you consider we had three straight years of Tebow starting every game preceded by almost four straight years of Leak starting every game, that’s staggering.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fun fact: If Trask starts next week, it’ll be the 9th straight year since Tebow left that we’ve not had the same starting QB in every game during a season. And when you consider we had three straight years of Tebow starting every game preceded by almost four straight years of Leak starting every game, that’s staggering.
Football imitating life. You can't go far without consistency.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I don't see how Mullen can run Franks out there next week. I just don't see how.

Well you didn’t believe Lock would light up our defense either. Franks will start, prepare yourself for it. I’m predicting he’ll be the only QB we see against the gamecocks, other than a few wildcat runs by the RB’s and Toney. Mullen is obviously gonna live with Franks and die with Franks this year. Hopefully EJ gets the bowl game.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Redshirting doesn’t make a difference at this point. Any kids worth a crap anymore, don’t stay till their senior year anyways. He’d still have three full seasons, plus Jalon coming next year and Anthony the year after. We’d be fine

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Bench Franks, we may as well start Trask and bring in EJ and get him game experience. Trask has earned it. I’m sure he wants to play. Burn his redshirt and if he’s any good next year or the year after, he would be gone anyway. None of these kids stay for 4 years whether they’re ready for the NFL or not so who cares?

Also who cares what bowl game we are in? If we don’t play for the SEC championship and are not in the CFP , it wouuld be nice to be in the Citrus bowl , but ill take the whatever bowl at the price of moving forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator