Votes: 86 60.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The more underclassman we have leave early the better it will be for this team. It's going to take another year and a half to really turn over the roster, but these upperclassman need to move on. They have no desire to be champions and don't really care about being a "Gator" (as we - the die hard fans - know it).

I agree w/ everyone about EJ's redshirt, why?? Trask and EJ should take the remaining snaps this year. Franks should then see the writing on the wall and transfer out....flushing another of Butters kids off the roster.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
The more underclassman we have leave early the better it will be for this team. It's going to take another year and a half to really turn over the roster, but these upperclassman need to move on. They have no desire to be champions and don't really care about being a "Gator" (as we - the die hard fans - know it).

I agree w/ everyone about EJ's redshirt, why?? Trask and EJ should take the remaining snaps this year. Franks should then see the writing on the wall and transfer out....flushing another of Butters kids off the roster.
I couldn't agree with this more. Franks should be done. We'll never win anything with him, so why keep rolling him out there. Move on to the next guy, whoever that is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I couldn't agree with this more. Franks should be done. We'll never win anything with him, so why keep rolling him out there. Move on to the next guy, whoever that is.
Because there are only three games remaining and Jones can play in one and still retain his redshirt.

Edit: Make that two. He didn't play a down yesterday according to the boxscore.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im going to make the bold prediction that saving EJ's redshirt will accomplish exactly nothing and that he won't be here in his fifth year.

Who wants to bet?

Last edited:

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Yeah, lets just keep playing a complete failure so we can protect our next savior. I'm sick and tired of that line of thinking. Franks sucks out loud. It really is that simple. Play EJ, play Trask, play Toney, play anyone but Franks.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
My vote goes to starting Trask and give him at least a half to see what he can do. If he bombs give EJ the second half.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If Trask could somehow lead us to wins over SC and FSU he will be a legend even if he never plays another down after that.
Totally agree. Like Tebow’s brief NFL flash in the pan.

EJ’s redshirt thing is a ruse. CDM mind games. You can’t just hand the kid the job. You have to make him work all summer thinking he has to beat out Trask and the new kid, JJ.

FFS should start considering his transfer options. Maybe hit up Del Taco and see what he thinks.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Because there are only three games remaining and Jones can play in one and still retain his redshirt.

Edit: Make that two. He didn't play a down yesterday according to the boxscore.

There's also the bowl game, whatever that may be.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This coming from the guy who said Lock was garbage and nothing to worry about.
He certainly was nothing to worry about to the other SEC teams he had played this year. I made the assumption our Gators would actually show up. I was mistaken.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why? Everyone is pissed. Just let it ride. What happens, happens.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Time to start Jones and move Toney to QB. It's time to move on to the offense that is our future. I can't think of one downside to this line of thinking.

Discuss

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
WTF does that have to do with my opinion on Franks?
Your opinion has been in doubt ever since you disappeared from the picks leaderboard. You were not mentally prepared for Missouri, blowing them off all week. As the ruler of Gator Chatter, you failed us this week. Now, run some stadiums and get back to work.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Your opinion has been in doubt ever since you disappeared from the picks leaderboard. You were not mentally prepared for Missouri, blowing them off all week. As the ruler of Gator Chatter, you failed us this week. Now, run some stadiums and get back to work.
I felt the team would show up and beat a bad team at home and they didn't. I had more faith in the coaching staff than it appears I should have.

Egor's Assistant

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I felt the team would show up and beat a bad team at home and they didn't. I had more faith in the coaching staff than it appears I should have.
We still have faith in you as leader. CDM, on the other hand better not Cousin Eddie out on us next week and start Franks. Or I’m changing my avatar back to Cousin

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’d like to see Trask start for two reasons:

1. The offense looked pretty dang good on his first drive, so I think he’s earned a trial run.
2. SOS always said the bench was a great motivator. Even if FF is near his ceiling, it can’t hurt to try.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
If the incoming jones is going to be the guy, EJ redshirt doesn’t mean squat. Alternate Trask and EJ and coach them in between plays. Gotta keep the snaps low though..no rocket fastballs...

If Franks is going to be the guy next year, nothing matters. If not, get some reps to others. Hell let Toney play qb

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.