• Yes

Votes: 86 60.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
DM seems to be blaming the OL for Frank's performance in his 2 PCs after the game. Although it's possible he's deflecting to preserve what's left of FF's confidence.

But he was pretty clear that EJ was not ready and he didn't want to throw him to the wolves....like he believes FF was last season.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DM seems to be blaming the OL for Frank's performance in his 2 PCs after the game. Although it's possible he's deflecting to preserve what's left of FF's confidence.

But he was pretty clear that EJ was not ready and he didn't want to throw him to the wolves....like he believes FF was last season.

Yes, Franks was "thrown to the wolves" last year. Not that Del Rio was any second coming of Danny, Chris L, or Tim (he wasn't), but he was better than Franks, and if he doesn't get injured for the year (well, basically, for the rest of his football career) against Vandy last year, he probably remains the starter the rest of 2017. And Franks isn't put into a situation he wasn't ready to handle.

Think about this - given the closeness of the 2017 LSU and TAMU games, would a healthy Del Rio leads us to victory in those two? What if he did? Are we more competitive against GA last year (presuming a loss) and is McElwain still here? We'll never know, but Del Rio's injury was yet another bad piece of luck regarding Gator QBs since Tim, and IMHO was an important component of those two losses, which pretty much were nails in the coffin of McElwain's tenure at UF.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yes, Franks was "thrown to the wolves" last year. Not that Del Rio was any second coming of Danny, Chris L, or Tim (he wasn't), but he was better than Franks, and if he doesn't get injured for the year (well, basically, for the rest of his football career) against Vandy last year, he probably remains the starter the rest of 2017. And Franks isn't put into a situation he wasn't ready to handle.

Think about this - given the closeness of the 2017 LSU and TAMU games, would a healthy Del Rio leads us to victory in those two? What if he did? Are we more competitive against GA last year (presuming a loss) and is McElwain still here? We'll never know, but Del Rio's injury was yet another bad piece of luck regarding Gator QBs since Tim, and IMHO was an important component of those two losses, which pretty much were nails in the coffin of McElwain's tenure at UF.

What surprised me is that I heard him explicitly ding the previous staff for the first time. He's been cautiously avoiding that till now.

DM was asked what he would say to fans calling for Trask or EJ. Re: Trask he hinted he may play 2 QBs. He was adamant that he didn't wan to put out EJ prematurely and risk hurting his development. He seemed to think that putting a frosh in to give him game experience was not worth the risk. I found that interesting.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

Likely true. Although Saturday was the first time I can remember Mullen looking visibly irritated with Franks once he got the sidelines. There were a couple of times he looked like he lit into him pretty seriously. Most other times this season it appears to have been more of an effort at encouragment-based correction

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Mullen doesn't start Trask next week he's a nutless coward.

For all the goodwill Mullen has garnered the last 10 months he sure lost a lot of it with this performance. Sure, Franks stinks....but he's the $6 million man. I don't know what the f*ck this coaching staff did since last Saturday's ass whipping by UGA.

Franks has no business every playing another snap in a football game for UF ever again.

Again, if Mullen doesn't start Trask next week he's a nutless coward.
Soooooooo, Mullen got his goodwill because of Franks and not because overall this team represents a monumental step forward beyond what was on the field last year?

WTF?

Eat a snickers.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
What surprised me is that I heard him explicitly ding the previous staff for the first time. He's been cautiously avoiding that till now.

DM was asked what he would say to fans calling for Trask or EJ. Re: Trask he hinted he may play 2 QBs. He was adamant that he didn't wan to put out EJ prematurely and risk hurting his development. He seemed to think that putting a frosh in to give him game experience was not worth the risk. I found that interesting.

Not really the first time. He dinged them when he talked about Moral Stephens development ... or lack thereof.

Dan Mullen on Moral Stephens

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
The matter has a lot of what if's...but I have very low confidence in Franks. Progression of an even average QB is not what Franks upward trajectory is on.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Would not be booing the kid, would be booing the coach.
Yeah, well th players don't know that. I'm sorry, but in 44 seasons as a Gator, INCLUDING 1979, I just haven't booed our players or even the coaches. I can get pretty steamed, but I just won't do it.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We moved the ball with Trask. End of story.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Again:

I'd start Trask for USC

I'd start EJ. for ID

If Mullen starts Frank's and he performs like last week, Mullen will lose the Gator Nation and possibly the season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No, you make a good point. Good players usually opt to leave early anyways, might as well play them as much as you can, while you got them.

Doesn't obsessively protecting a redshirt QB, show the coach has no confidence that in 3 years
he can recruit an "as good" QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone mentioned it earlier too, saying they were dropping 8 on the plays he had time and he had no time when they rushed.

The running game sure wasnt there.

Honestly, I checked out. No opinion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not really the first time. He dinged them when he talked about Moral Stephens development ... or lack thereof.

Dan Mullen on Moral Stephens
Then why is he fvkking on the field?????

He sucks as a receiver. He sucks blocking. Tell me why he is out there?

He is Trash at everything. Hell Trash is less Trash than Stephens.

Who is in charge and who keeps sending is ass out there? I have little tolerance for people who havent learned their job. Rhis guy was signed as a GD receiver so he should be able to catch, and yet he is one of our worst receiving TEs. He isnt even fast. How does that work?

At least get your damn ass in the weightroom and be ready to block. That is just effort. You must want to do it. ? No.... he doesnt do that either.

Has he gained 20 pounds since signing? I dont believe his roster weight for a second.

Why is he EVER on the field?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Then why is he fvkking on the field?????

He sucks as a receiver. He sucks blocking. Tell me why he is out there?

He is Trash at everything. Hell Trash is less Trash than Stephens.

Who is in charge and who keeps sending is ass out there? I have little tolerance for people who havent learned their job. Rhis guy was signed as a GD receiver so he should be able to catch, and yet he is one of our worst receiving TEs. He isnt even fast. How does that work?

At least get your damn ass in the weightroom and be ready to block. That is just effort. You must want to do it. ? No.... he doesnt do that either.

Has he gained 20 pounds since signing? I dont believe his roster weight for a second.

Why is he EVER on the field?
To entertain us. We love to watch you squirm.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Im not a franks guy AT ALL....... but cmon, trasks numbers are mop up numbers . The game was lost already

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Im not a franks guy AT ALL....... but cmon, trasks numbers are mop up numbers . The game was lost already

Nonetheless - we know what we have with Franks.. Trask can only throw against the defense he's put up against. Let's see what we have with him.. what's the harm?

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
We moved the ball with Trask. End of story.
We scored 7 pts in a qtr n 5 min. Lol ppl are acting like he almost brought us back. I agree he should start but he wasnt anything soectacular. Nearly threw a pic6 and the Toney catch n run inflates his numbers over Franks. If not for that, they had pretty close ypc’s.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

True. However the difference in accuracy between FF and KT can’t be ignored.

Also, the commentators mentioned mizzu’s starters were still on the field. Maybe a little prevent(?) but not with scrubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb