Votes: 86 60.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
We scored 7 pts in a qtr n 5 min. Lol ppl are acting like he almost brought us back. I agree he should start but he wasnt anything soectacular. Nearly threw a pic6 and the Toney catch n run inflates his numbers over Franks. If not for that, they had pretty close ypc’s.

Were you watching the same game?

It was clear, Franks was way off his game the last several games.

Funny, Mick Hubert and Lee McGriff saw it the way I saw it.

All I know is what I see. Every O&B and last week where Franks and Trask BOTH played, Trask looks more accurate.

I know SOS would not have a problem pulling FRANKS.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was prevent, until the redzone. However, let's face it, FF hasnt completed passes against prevent and wouldnt have hit that pass to #10.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The one guy who can provide information on Trask is LDR. He's seen him more than anyone else. On his recent podcast, he spoke at length about Franks and Trask. Here is the rundown,

1. The reports about Franks laughing about being pulled could be true. LDR said that it would be like him.

2. Trask is as hard a worker as there is on the team. He keeps his head down and is the same whether in front of the cameras or not.

3. Franks arm strength is in the Mahomes territory. On a scale of 1-10, Franks is a 10. By comparison, Trask is an 8-9.

4. Trask would have had multiple starts last year but was at no point healthy.

5. Unlike Franks, accuracy is one of Trask's strengths.

6. In his opinion, Trask is a tad faster than Franks.

7. The downside? LDR said, "He is raw. Fans will need to be patient." He said he did what a lot of inexperienced QBs do. He is fine in practice and is the prototypical dropback passer. When playing in front of others, he began running around and became a different QB.

8. In practice, he was every bit as good as Franks. Franks won the job because had starts under his belt. If 2 guys are basically even, why go with the guy with much less experience. However, Trask has done everything necessary to earn a chance to start. He deserves it.

Yes, I know people don't like Del Taco. But, he can provide insight no one else can.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
The one guy who can provide information on Trask is LDR. He's seen him more than anyone else. On his recent podcast, he spoke at length about Franks and Trask. Here is the rundown,

1. The reports about Franks laughing about being pulled could be true. LDR said that it would be like him.

2. Trask is as hard a worker as there is on the team. He keeps his head down and is the same whether in front of the cameras or not.

3. Franks arm strength is in the Mahomes territory. On a scale of 1-10, Franks is a 10. By comparison, Trask is an 8-9.

4. Trask would have had multiple starts last year but was at no point healthy.

5. Unlike Franks, accuracy is one of Trask's strengths.

6. In his opinion, Trask is a tad faster than Franks.

7. The downside? LDR said, "He is raw. Fans will need to be patient." He said he did what a lot of inexperienced QBs do. He is fine in practice and is the prototypical dropback passer. When playing in front of others, he began running around and became a different QB.

8. In practice, he was every bit as good as Franks. Franks won the job because had starts under his belt. If 2 guys are basically even, why go with the guy with much less experience. However, Trask has done everything necessary to earn a chance to start. He deserves it.

Yes, I know people don't like Del Taco. But, he can provide insight no one else can.

I have to agree with LDR for once...He's a better coach than QB.

But if EJ was developing, it might be time. He should at least play a half against ID

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was prevent, until the redzone. However, let's face it, FF hasnt completed passes against prevent and wouldnt have hit that pass to #10.

Exactly, Missouri was playing off coverage, giving up the short stuff. Also cycling in backups... we don't know what we really have in Trask, but Franks has been a disaster since teams have had enough film to know how to attack him in this offense (not that he was really lighting it up before hand). Blame Butters for this mess.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frank's probably is most ready. That doesn't mean most effective.

How do you get trash ready? Who knows? It has literally never happened to my knowledge in history. There's never been a kid who hasn't played since middle school playing quarterback, probably in any division.

Maybe some rusty guys coming back from WW2? Were they even eligible then? Leather helmet football was different though. Not nearly as complicated as today.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

And Del Rio's arm strength was in the middle-school girls' flag football territory at 1-2.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fever, that might be quiet true...

With what you hear about him I think he might become a distraction next year if he is still on the team. It wouldn't bother me a lot if he was yanked again and moved on to another school.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Frank's probably is most ready. That doesn't mean most effective.

How do you get trash ready? Who knows? It has literally never happened to my knowledge in history. There's never been a kid who hasn't played since middle school playing quarterback, probably in any division.

Maybe some rusty guys coming back from WW2? Were they even eligible then? Leather helmet football was different though. Not nearly as complicated as today.

All the inexperience with Trask and he is still a better passer. Polish him up and he might just shine. If not, you haven't lost anything. We aren't winning with Franks.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
All the inexperience with Trask and he is still a better passer. Polish him up and he might just shine. If not, you haven't lost anything. We aren't winning with Franks.

Agree strongly with this. Teams don't have a ton of film on Trask and going with him for the remainder of the season could spark our offense by virtue of having someone different in there that defenses aren't dialed-in on how to defend. The knock on him has been Franks is supposedly more "mobile"...but he's been underwhelming as a runner all season, so do we really lose that much by putting Trask back there?

Trask is the type of 3 star that ends up starring at smaller schools precisely because someone took time to develop them and be patient taking the inexperienced throws in years 1 and 2.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
At least Trask can see the open receiver.

But after hearing Mullen, he attributes Frank's poor play to the line.

My thoughts are, its line we've got so why would Frank's get any better?

Try Trask...Get the accuracy and run the ball.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator