Donkey Stampede in 3...2...1...

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
interesting tidbits on the numbers mac has brought in vs chump. However, quantity does not equal quality which is what we should expect to get. this Article is a little pumperish and premature in my opinion. He needs to show this 'CEO" skill when the games start. And comparing us to bama and OSU in recruiting ?:lmao:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good Read.

I think it shows that Mac does actually get it. From the start he had some questionable pieces (coaches) in place for recruiting. I do also think it shows where we were when he got here. He does need to stand toe to toe with all the BIGS. I like where were going. He just now has to make it evident on the field.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Well we know who 2222 is now. :lol:

DKThompson_avatar_1380578607-70x96.jpg
@dkthompson

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
"For the past three years, Jim McElwain and his staff have been criticized (mostly unfairly) for being weak on the recruiting trail."

"And while none of these eight aforementioned players have played one snap at Florida, the case against McElwain’s inability to recruit blue-chip players is now closed."

:lmao2:

Believe me, I'd love for this guy to be correct. But these two statements are beyond embarrassing. This is blatant cock gobbling homerism at its finest. 2017 season hasn't even started yet, got another 7 months to signing day, anything can happen. Especially if we have another abortion of an offense. The case aint closed. :lol2:

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For God's sake, the more positive pub the better. Let 'em pump all they want.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Show me a Top 20 offense, then we will talk Mr 116. Chimp was going to turn it all around after he landed all that "elite offensive talent" one year.

Show me, Mr. 116.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Mac does seem to be getting it with regards to recruiting. But I'm shaking my head at tthis statement,

"McElwain has shown that he can identify weak holes on his staff and resolve those issues and make the necessary upgrades."

Has he improved his staff? Yes. But with Nuss and Nord still there, he still has a ways to go.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Good Read.

I think it shows that Mac does actually get it. From the start he had some questionable pieces (coaches) in place for recruiting. I do also think it shows where we were when he got here. He does need to stand toe to toe with all the BIGS. I like where were going. He just now has to make it evident on the field.

And he has to close with these recruits and fulfill the apparent trend through signing day. It's a long way away.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't normally say this about a writer, but that was terrible. Could you pump any harder? :headslap:

lickspittle-470x320.png

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
"For the past three years, Jim McElwain and his staff have been criticized (mostly unfairly) for being weak on the recruiting trail."

"And while none of these eight aforementioned players have played one snap at Florida, the case against McElwain’s inability to recruit blue-chip players is now closed."

:lmao2:

Believe me, I'd love for this guy to be correct. But these two statements are beyond embarrassing. This is blatant cock gobbling homerism at its finest. 2017 season hasn't even started yet, got another 7 months to signing day, anything can happen. Especially if we have another abortion of an offense. The case aint closed. :lol2:

After reading it, i looked back to see off Franz Beard or Hollywood Bob Redmon had written it. It is rather puppies and rainbows - but has some good points in the mix. Balancing the classes better and closing on major talent are major steps.

And Donkey is right: he's got to translate all this into improved performance offensively. He's also got to win. A top 10 offense is great as are winning seasons, but I want to buy a hat that says "SEC Champions", then we can focus on NC hats.

It is fair to note the accomplishments thus far & the positive momentum building. That we can and should pump.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
And he has to close with these recruits and fulfill the apparent trend through signing day. It's a long way away.

True, its hard to knock their enthusiasm. We have a long way to get them on campus, but its a great start. And it's only half the equation. Mac had got to get it done on the field.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't pay as much attention to recruiting as I used to but after looking at the Rivals 250 the other day what stands out to me is the amount of quality 4 star los players STILL left on the board. Both Offensive linemen and defensive linemen. More so than I want to see the coaches extending their efforts into some of the top level skill position guys I really would like to see them focus on selling a massive amount of quality linemen at this point. Get out there and sell these bulls on what they can be 2 to 3 years down the road. We have had massive gaps on both lines due to not having enough D1 quality big guys at the ready when someone moves on or gets injured. Quality builds quality on the practice field, weightroom and training table and it doesn't happen overnight with the bigs....Skill guys come along every year and want to play in a functional offense not one with missing parts regardless of the style of offense. The entire level of the program will go up when you have quality on quality in spring and even more so in fall camps. The time is now.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has definitely filled holes on the offensive side of the ball.

He has let some holes develop on the defensive side and last years class will help with that, but he needs that 5* defensive recruit also.

I think he was fairly criticized for recruiting, especially his 2nd class. Last year was OK, but not great. I do think he recognized some week recruiting staff members and upgraded.

If the offense doesn't produce this year I think Nuss is gone. This year there has to be a large improvement in the offense. I actually think we will see one.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
he needs that 5* defensive recruit also.
Cece Jefferson and Antonneous Clayton were both 5 stars. We need to consistently sign DTs and linebackers. Not DEs and safeties that we try to put at DT and linebacker.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cece Jefferson and Antonneous Clayton were both 5 stars. We need to consistently sign DTs and linebackers. Not DEs and safeties that we try to put at DT and linebacker.

Yeah... I was talking about this class. I also agree... we need that 5* at the LB or Safety position.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
interesting tidbits on the numbers mac has brought in vs chump. However, quantity does not equal quality which is what we should expect to get. this Article is a little pumperish and premature in my opinion. He needs to show this 'CEO" skill when the games start. And comparing us to bama and OSU in recruiting ?:lmao:
A lot of things are premature around here.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
UT-Rebuild-MEME.jpg

It shouldn't take that long. At Vanderbilt it's not going to happen ever. At Mississippi State it might happen every time Haley's Comet comes back around. But at
Florida it shouldn't take 6 to 7 years. Not in the Sunshine State.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UT-Rebuild-MEME.jpg

It shouldn't take that long. At Vanderbilt it's not going to happen ever. At Mississippi State it might happen every time Haley's Comet comes back around. But at
Florida it shouldn't take 6 to 7 years. Not in the Sunshine State.
I agree, but it seems as if Mac is on the 5-6 year plan. His defensive recruiting in 2016 set us back. I'm glad he seems to be getting it and has so far improved recruiting. I just wish he could've done this sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.