Don't Count Out Luke Del Rio

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This almost makes up for your terrible decision of making URG a mod.
raw

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really not sure anything can make up for that.
Don't listen to her Ox, she's already turned one board into a bastion of nothingness, she'll do the same here if you let her :shakehead:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Top 50 of what? Total Offense? Hilarious! Baby steps, my friend. If we crack the top 50 that will be a 60+ place jump. It will be billed "the most improved offense in the country". NO f'ing way! I'd be surprised if this offense cracks the top 90, and that's still a 20+ spot jump.

People forget how bad Del Rio was. In the UMass game, the score was 10-7 in the FORTH QUARTER! Against North Texas he should have been out of the game and the back up should have been in, but we were struggling so bad he was still in the game....then got injured. He played well vs. UK, I'll give him that. But the Arkansas game pretty much sums up what Del Rio is (and don't give me the BS about him being injured. The fact that his integrity and selfishness prevented him from letting the training staff know he wasn't able to play says a lot about his character).

Austin Appleby clearly outperformed Del Rio last year and that's going against the tougher competition that we had, and Appleby was barely average in my book. But this staff chose Del Rio over him, kind of tells you all you need to know about this staffs ability to evaluate.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yup, just like when Cam Newton had that horrible Spring Game, chucking ball after ball into the stands. I think it's fair to say that Franks is going to end up as good or better than Newton.

Well with our luck, it'll be after he transfers to another team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well it looks like the youngsters will have to wait for next season while Mac has the 2 seasoned veterans (LDR and Zaire) fight it out for the starting position.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Could you imagine these forums if he started LDR and his weak throws started getting intercepted against Michigan. It would be full meltdown probably.
FIRE.MAC.NOW would be the mantra and rightfully so. If that happens, give him and Nuss they're walking papers and hand the team to Shannon (and bring in Spurrier as interim OC).
If Mac even goes with LDR as the starter for Michigan, he's done, IMO.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to laugh if LDR is our starter and puts up 400+ in the air on Meatchicken while destroying them 40-7 or something like that.:lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I'm going to laugh if LDR is our starter and puts up 400+ in the air on Meatchicken while destroying them 40-7 or something like that.:lol:

Oh yeah, I would laugh right with you. Problem is, I dont think Del Rio will ever throw for 400yds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are usually high. Today is obviously no exception.

Mac is lucky to score 40 points in a month.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are usually high. Today is obviously no exception.

Mac is lucky to score 40 points in a month.

I said I would laugh, because of all the haters. I didn't say I was expecting it. You're grumpier than usual lately. Did you run out of scotch?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Put the pipe down bro

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR gets the nod to start, won't that be Franks' terrible fault?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR gets the nod to start, won't that be Franks' terrible fault?
I think Franks is good enough to beat out LDR head to head, so yes, IMO it would be Franks fault.

If Zaire makes it here, I think he'll likely win the starting spot, and if he only has 1 season, I don't think Franks will transfer....now if we land someone like Fields then I'd expect Franks to transfer and I wouldn't have any issue with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator