Don't Count Out Luke Del Rio

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Franks is good enough to beat out LDR head to head, so yes, IMO it would be Franks fault.

If Zaire makes it here, I think he'll likely win the starting spot, and if he only has 1 season, I don't think Franks will transfer....now if we land someone like Fields then I'd expect Franks to transfer and I wouldn't have any issue with it.
I've said it numerous times, LDR will start if he's physically able. Tom Brady couldn't win the job over him in the eyes of this staff.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've said it numerous times, LDR will start if he's physically able. Tom Brady couldn't win the job over him in the eyes of this staff.
Bro, the problem you and the rest of the donkey show fail to ever recognize is the simple fact that Franks can beat noodlearm head to head no matter the competition. LDR is not going to be playing even if healthy, he simply doesn't have the ability, and Franks can beat him outright which will simply be unavoidable for this staff.

Tell you what, we'll gauge it by how open to the media, or even public, the fall practices are. If they are mostly closed, LDR will win it (assuming Zaire is not here), if they are mostly open, Franks will, because he'll show it on the field and the "conversation" will be unavoidable.

Let's be honest, some of you WANT to believe they'll start LDR no matter what, because we all know what it would mean.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bro, the problem you and the rest of the donkey show fail to ever recognize is the simple fact that Franks can beat noodlearm head to head no matter the competition. LDR is not going to be playing even if healthy, he simply doesn't have the ability, and Franks can beat him outright which will simply be unavoidable for this staff.

Tell you what, we'll gauge it by how open to the media, or even public, the fall practices are. If they are mostly closed, LDR will win it (assuming Zaire is not here), if they are mostly open, Franks will, because he'll show it on the field and the "conversation" will be unavoidable.

Let's be honest, some of you WANT to believe they'll start LDR no matter what, because we all know what it would mean.
The practices will be closed as they have been since Mac arrived. I don't really care who starts. I don't expect much from anyone we have on the roster with this coaching staff "developing" them.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The practices will be closed as they have been since Mac arrived. I don't really care who starts. I don't expect much from anyone we have on the roster with this coaching staff "developing" them.
Say what you really want to say...

I want LDR to start because I want Mac canned now
;) At least be honest with yourself.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Say what you really want to say...

;) At least be honest with yourself.
It doesn't matter what I want...which is a new coaching staff. I'm fairly certain our offense will suck until that happens. I've seen nothing to lead me to any other conclusion.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter what I want...which is a new coaching staff. I'm fairly certain our offense will suck until that happens. I've seen nothing to lead me to any other conclusion.
You made a choice :lol2:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On Zaire ... didn't he sit on the bench as backup, and the DBs he threw against, were they SEC caliber? Us using a "pro-style" passer, do we even have an idea that Franks can run better than Zaire? Can Zaire learn the playbook to the variety or level that Franks already knows?? Toney can fire his passes too and can certainly outrun Zaire or Franks, so what use will transferred player Zaire be. Surely Zaire won't fit like a Gator in the locker room??

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On Zaire ... didn't he sit on the bench as backup, and the DBs he threw against, were they SEC caliber? Us using a "pro-style" passer, do we even have an idea that Franks can run better than Zaire? Can Zaire learn the playbook to the variety or level that Franks already knows?? Toney can fire his passes too and can certainly outrun Zaire or Franks, so what use will transferred player Zaire be. Surely Zaire won't fit like a Gator in the locker room??

Yep when the coach decided to use that other QB he went on to lose most of their games crumbling late in games. Zaire did alright playing most of the game against LSU. Zaire does run but his passes aren't that bad. I don't see another Treon situation with him but Mac does need to make sure he adjusts the offense to him if he is coming here and wins the starting job.

They are saying Franks is still struggling with the playbook after being here for 2 Springs and a full season as a redshirt.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yep when the coach decided to use that other QB he went on to lose most of their games crumbling late in games. Zaire did alright playing most of the game against LSU. Zaire does run but his passes aren't that bad. I don't see another Treon situation with him but Mac does need to make sure he adjusts the offense to him if he is coming here and wins the starting job.

They are saying Franks is still struggling with the playbook after being here for 2 Springs and a full season as a redshirt.

Who said Franks is struggling?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Um, he's struggling. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Franks struggling at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

So Booger heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another....

Granted Franks was behind Trask coming in because of Franks weak HS coaching. I think somehow that as been blown into a myth that he is struggling. In any case I don't think his mastery of the playbook will be an issue.

The only thing going for LDR is conspiracy theories.

And I don't know what the fascination with Zaire is. In three seasons he never won the starting job.

It may be a moot point. Sounds like he might announce before the SEC rules on transfers.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...tre-dame-transfer-qb-malik-zaire-two-schools/
"Was told similar. His graduation is on Sunday and he should announce sometime after that"

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, Tom Brady could barely win the job at Meatchicken. Moron coaches are everywhere. It's amazing how many there are.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So Booger heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another....

Granted Franks was behind Trask coming in because of Franks weak HS coaching. I think somehow that as been blown into a myth that he is struggling. In any case I don't think his mastery of the playbook will be an issue.

The only thing going for LDR is conspiracy theories.

And I don't know what the fascination with Zaire is. In three seasons he never won the starting job.

It may be a moot point. Sounds like he might announce before the SEC rules on transfers.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...tre-dame-transfer-qb-malik-zaire-two-schools/
"Was told similar. His graduation is on Sunday and he should announce sometime after that"

Booger should have some sources to say it on a radio show like that and Mac having him challenging mostly walk on DBs with starting WRs tells you Mac was trying to protect him from looking bad. You hear the same code words with Franks you heard with Driskel. He is probably lost in reality. Heck Mac didnt protect LDR nearly that much in that game in 2016.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to laugh if LDR is our starter and puts up 400+ in the air on Meatchicken while destroying them 40-7 or something like that.:lol:
I'd laugh if a 24 karat brick fell out of my ass... both of these have the same probability of occurence so I figured I'd mention it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb