Dooley finally tells the truth

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I can't believe he was given this long. Take out the cream puffs, which he has lost 1 to, and this is his record. I know this is not new information, but in what big time college football program is someone this poor against top competition kept on for so long. tenn and Kentucky have been dumpster fires while he has been here.

FSU - 1-3 assuming we loose this year
UGA - 1-3
USC - 1-3
Tenn - 4-0
Kent - 4-0
Vandy - 3-1
Missouri - 1-2
Bama - 0-2
LSU - 1-3
Texas AM - 1-0
Auburn - 0-1
Ark - 1-0
Miami - 0-1

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
VulcanAlex;n106045 said:
Gee for me it is not the boring style (since I don't care what style you use), but rather the results. The lack of aggression on offense. The lack of anticipation in the special teams. The various lacks that we see every game.
The boring matters. The boring makes fans apathetic. The boring makes marketing revenue apathetic. The boring makes recruits apathetic. The boring makes the score something you check in the morning like a stock price. To hear Dooley finally admit it is priceless.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n106317 said:
The boring matters. The boring makes fans apathetic. The boring makes marketing revenue apathetic. The boring makes recruits apathetic. The boring makes the score something you check in the morning like a stock price. To hear Dooley finally admit it is priceless.
Agreed. Football is entertainment. HOW you win matters.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Did you watch the Swampcast video?

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
oxrageous;n106325 said:
Agreed. Football is entertainment. HOW you win matters.

Seems to me Bama does just fine playing meat and potatos boring football. I think it is mostly about winning. But if you are going to lose 2 or more games a year, I would agree style points probably matter.

I wasn't against the concept of playing ball control football, but until recently we didn't have the personnel to do it. This year we actually might, but if you are going to play that type of football, you have to play near error free ball. There is no margin for error. For whatever reason, Muschamp doesn't doesn't have the level of command and control of all aspects of the program to have the error free ball that is required to run grind it out ball control football. We had the game won, and then had two blocked kicks. When is the last time you have seen that on a Nick Saban coached program.

I'm officially done with Muschamp. I wanted him to succeed, and I wanted to see if things turned around with Treon, but this game shows me that you really can't be confident of a victory of any game we play, and that's not FL football. I started to feel this way after GA Southern last year, but figured it was better to let this play out. While this year sucked, its probably best we let it play out. I don't think it is good for UF football to fire coaches on a whim - it just makes it that more difficult to get the next good coaching prospect. We gave this thing 4 years, and I think it is now pretty obvious to everyone outside of FL football that he isn't the right guy.

I'm kind of pessimistic on our chances to land a really top coach right now, but at this point things can't get any worse.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n106356 said:
Seems to me Bama does just fine playing meat and potatos boring football. I think it is mostly about winning. But if you are going to lose 2 or more games a year, I would agree style points probably matter.

I wasn't against the concept of playing ball control football, but until recently we didn't have the personnel to do it. This year we actually might, but if you are going to play that type of football, you have to play near error free ball. There is no margin for error. For whatever reason, Muschamp doesn't doesn't have the level of command and control of all aspects of the program to have the error free ball that is required to run grind it out ball control football. We had the game won, and then had two blocked kicks. When is the last time you have seen that on a Nick Saban coached program.

I'm officially done with Muschamp. I wanted him to succeed, and I wanted to see if things turned around with Treon, but this game shows me that you really can't be confident of a victory of any game we play, and that's not FL football. I started to feel this way after GA Southern last year, but figured it was better to let this play out. While this year sucked, its probably best we let it play out. I don't think it is good for UF football to fire coaches on a whim - it just makes it that more difficult to get the next good coaching prospect. We gave this thing 4 years, and I think it is now pretty obvious to everyone outside of FL football that he isn't the right guy.

I'm kind of pessimistic on our chances to land a really top coach right now, but at this point things can't get any worse.

Yeah, this is me, too. A verdict has been reached.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nick saban's teams score a lot of points. You never see his teams only throw the ball 6 times in a game. Heck they usually average close to 40 a game. Muschamp is more like Shaw st Stanford. And you see what they look like when they don't have the best defense in college football. Very mediocre this year

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n106356 said:
Ha! We've never seen anything close to the Bama offense. They actually throw the ball. I would have no problem with their offense.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n106356 said:

Took you long enough my friend. Hopefully you don't take this long to decide to dump a terrible investment.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n106058 said:
I think he has been reading GC. We have been saying this, like forever.
Really! I'm not so sure that infamous name dropper deserves kudos for taking 4 years to say what most were saying after his first season.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
2ndAmend;n106069 said:
Sorry Mr Ox, that was not doockie, err, dooley... he doesn't have the stones to write a "spot on" article.
You found me out. I ghost writ the arcticle.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n106081 said:
This
Now that he sees the writing on the wall he throws Muschamp under the bus. He'll only have to deal with Mush being pissed at him for 2 weeks.

"Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin."

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n106145 said:
orographic uplift

Great word. I even know what orogenesis means :-).

I totally agree. The only expertise I see in the Dr.'s practice is name dropping and self promotion. He did take credit once for hiring a decent sports writer, Bianchi.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n106365 said:
Nick saban's teams score a lot of points. You never see his teams only throw the ball 6 times in a game. Heck they usually average close to 40 a game. Muschamp is more like Shaw st Stanford. And you see what they look like when they don't have the best defense in college football. Very mediocre this year
No, you are just too young to remember. This guy is a throw back to the great Woody Hayes of Ohio State who said, "only three things can happen when the ball is in the air and two of them are bad." AND "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched Dooley's Swampcast to see if he backs it up with his mouth. "Get a new coach or a new columnist, I can't watch this anymore." Well, welcome to the club Dools!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n106135 said:
Dude an iPod is so 2005.

Thats state of the art for Fat Tooley. He's so 1993.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n106366 said:
Ha! We've never seen anything close to the Bama offense. They actually throw the ball. I would have no problem with their offense.

This, how could you even compare our O with Bamas?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Yeah, like a couple others posted already, his swampcast comments were even harsher. Dooley does flop back and forth though, I dont see how he can flop back after these comments though.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Boy I bet that Monday Presser is gonna be a thing of beauty. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.
:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.