Dooley regrets Muschamp firing

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley thinks Chimp is doing great. Same 120th offense. 12-10 so far, QB regressing.

In a good year he is a 4-5 loss coach. Bad year 6-8.

Last edited:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
It's easy to forget how bad we were under Muschamp because Butters was worse. We went 4-8 and lost to Georgia Southern at home. What else needs to be said?
But it was all because of the injuries! Bear Bryant himself couldn't have won a game with all those injuries, remember? :lmao2:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

I can assure you it’s not personal. Swonkey is an ass to everybody. Probably a third to a half of my dislikes are from him—and we get along. He’s a contrarian.

After a while, he grows on you.

Alex.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don't have the inside on this one, but, I am under the belief that Foley screwed Muschamp over from the get-go by forcing Charlie Cheeseburger as the OC. Chump never recovered from it and was stubborn as hell to fix the O after getting rid of him. I think Chump will make a successful HC somewhere in the future but he just got too much UGA stench on him to have made it in G'ville. Much respect for the D he created at UF but it really magnifies the O problems he had as well. Those were Natty Champ level defenses we had yet our offenses were so bad they were wasted. Butters lived off his defense for his first 2 seasons and acts as if SEC East Champions means something.

But back to the original point ... F@ck Foley.

:scratchhead:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Muschamp had a good 2nd year here too, lets see what happens in a few years, USCe will probably let him stay around longer then UF did since they are bottom rung program.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Keeping him would have been insane. There was no digging out of that hole with him. Getting fired actually helped his career and forced him to change. Probably won’t win titles but is in a better spot now for who he is

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Muschamp had a good 2nd year here too, lets see what happens in a few years, USCe will probably let him stay around longer then UF did since they are bottom rung program.
Agree and wasn't suggesting he was doing a great job, but NFG's post reads like he/she isn't aware he already got another HC job.

"I think Chump will make a successful HC somewhere in the future"

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Oh mein Gott. YGTBFKM. Here are a few of Muschamps legacies.

breaking-news (3).jpg breaking-news (6).jpg breaking-news (7).jpg breaking-news (8).jpg

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Oh mein Gott. YGTBFKM. Here are a few of Muschamps legacies.

Vanderbuilt?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley can eat a bag of dicks.

Bottom line with this hire coming up, if Foley is involved, in any way, shape, or form, it will be a disaster.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Champ could have gotten Lamar Jackson here but I am not sure it would have even made a difference. He did have bad luck but when you have Skyler Morningwood as your QB you are DOOMED for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator