Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Woodroe, Dec 4, 2017.
Journalist, research, articulation, thoughtful insight, scoop... Dooley...
Listen to you. This is the problem that I have with the loser mentality. We used to brag about and expect to take recruits away from top programs. Now we brag about taking recruits from nobodys.
I dont know. Nobody thinks its an issue that we had our president on bended knee, hat in hand, to be embarrassed. No other program did that, but I guess we are special.
Who was bragging? I was just stating the reality of the situation, we have/will take all of those things even if you don't think those players meet our standards. I'll be bragging when we start flipping 4* and 5* recruits.
You were there? And weren't giving us updates?
Are you a member of the bar or sumthin?
I try not to judge a person until I see what they can do with the best resources. I’ll get back with you on Mullen at the end of year 2, until then, I’m optimistic that the Gators will begin to show progress during a season instead of going sideways, quitting or regressing. Go Gators!
My take from the Dooley article and the search.
1. I think Stricklin only wanted Mullen. I think everything else was a smokescreen.
2. I think Stricklin did not want to be SEEN taking the coach from his school/former employer if he did not have to be SEEN doing this.
3. So Stricklin played around with Kelly. Kelly says he wasn't offered by UF and I wonder if Kelly is not telling the truth when he said he was not offered. Perhaps he was as surprised as the people here when the flight up did not lead to a contract. Also Stricklin was just playing around waiting for the end of the MSU season. Still this allowed UF fans to think Stricklin was swinging for the fences.
4. So Stricklin has pretended to go after someone else. And then the rumor that UTn is going after Mullen is floated, maybe by someone at UTn but maybe by someone at UF.
5. Now it is all set up for Stricklin. He has pretended to try to get someone else. The rumor is out there that UTn wants Mullen, so if Mullen might be leaving Stricklin's school/former employer anyway then Stricklin is clean getting him for UF.
6. Dooley is always taking a kernel of truth and telling the company line. No matter what fans want beat writers need access to do their jobs so they tend everywhere in the country to give the company spin.
Why??? Don’t you know Meyer was nothing without Mullen?
Of a bar.
What is UTN? Why isnt it UTK? I mean TUK?
So the plane ride up there with our doctors, lawyers, high priests and scribes as all an elaborate ruse?
Oceans 11= Stricklin's 6?
Well, I doubt it. SS got us embarrassed. Thats what I think.
Maybe, your reaction was my first reaction too. But perhaps they sold Fuchs going up there early due to the SEC rule on hiring coaches with show cause letters in their past?
Only a select few know what actually happened during the search. The rest is conjecture and speculation in which we all try to advance a perspective that matches what we think of the final choice of a coach.
I will say that I know someone well who has worked for Stricklin and vouches for his character and ability. Based on what I've read and heard about Chip Kelly I will choose to believe Stricklin over the Chipster.
I think UCLA will soon find out. He just doesnt seem like he is thrilled to be there...we know he didnt want to be here. Adios.
How do we know this? He said he wasn't offered. Stricklin says he wasn't offered. Stricklin had Mullen at the top of his list.
Well, since 99.9% of EVERYTHING posted here is hearsay, I figured I could join in and post whatever I "think" happened....you know, like every person here does.
Because it was never about the money, but control. CK euphemistically refered to it as the student or athlete experience. Same issue that he had In the NFL. My scientific wild ass guess is that’s what the meeting was about. If SS and company got confirmation that Kelly didn’t want to be accountable then it was worth whatever embarrassment we’re feeling in the Peanut Gallery.
But took the entourage up North to piss his #1 off?
You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.