Doug Marrone?

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Haley, Shannahan, or McDaniels. Want an innovative offensive mind who could bring a little excitement. This is a blah hire IMO.
Terrible. And Marrone had a good start in Buffalo then quit on the team lost his HC job only to become as assistant coach in the dumbest move ever. I would have preferred Haley or Shanahan. Shanahan has helped Ryan become an MVP candidate in Atlanta. Wouldn't he make sense for Bortles?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Some of the reporting is saying Caldwell wanted a guy that would be committed to BBint. At that point, coaches like McDaniels said no. It basically came down to Doug Moron or Mike Smith. So the jags of course went with the guy with a losing record as a head coach. Jags gone jag.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Kahn is a terrible owner who spends money the wrong way by changing logo, updating stadium with stupid ideas like pools and cabanas instead of making big changes on the roster and staff. He's one of the richest owners in the nfl there is no reason he couldn't go and make a better hire than the one he made. Kinda like our Gators to damn cheap to make a hire that gets their fans excited.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Terrible. And Marrone had a good start in Buffalo then quit on the team lost his HC job only to become as assistant coach in the dumbest move ever. I would have preferred Haley or Shanahan. Shanahan has helped Ryan become an MVP candidate in Atlanta. Wouldn't he make sense for Bortles?

I believe Marrone had some kind of out in his contract that said if the franchise comes under new ownership and he wanted to leave they would have to pay him like 3 mil or something like that and that's what he did. It's kind of weird, but he's got to be better than Bradley. I like having Caughlin in the VP role, if Blake can just settle down the Jags will improve vastly. Their defense is legit now.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I would have preferred Haley or Shanahan. Shanahan has helped Ryan become an MVP candidate in Atlanta. Wouldn't he make sense for Bortles?

Probably because Shanahan wants the Denver job... and Haley just knows better.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Marrone had some kind of out in his contract that said if the franchise comes under new ownership and he wanted to leave they would have to pay him like 3 mil or something like that and that's what he did. It's kind of weird, but he's got to be better than Bradley. I like having Caughlin in the VP role, if Blake can just settle down the Jags will improve vastly. Their defense is legit now.
Ain't nobody here want to hear this kind of jibber jabber.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Khan hired a search firm to find a new HC....and then hired from within :lmao2:

Also, we could have given Marrone more than 2 games to audition for the job if we would have done what we should have done: fired Gus mid-season. So stupid that we held onto him for as long as we did.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Matty Ice was throwing 4,000 yards a season since 2011, but had his best year this season, by far (Shanahan's second year with the Falcons). I like Shanahan (especially his decision to leave Cleveland) - check out this from Wiki on why he left that dumpster fire.

On February 1, 2014, it was reported by media outlets that Shanahan was hired as offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns.[8] On January 8, 2015, Shanahan resigned from his offensive coordinator position after disagreeing with the front office's mandate that rookie QB Johnny Manziel start.[9]

On January 18, 2015, the
Atlanta Falcons hired Shanahan as their new offensive coordinator.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No jibber jabber, it's what happened
776.jpg

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Kahn is a terrible owner who spends money the wrong way by changing logo, updating stadium with stupid ideas like pools and cabanas instead of making big changes on the roster and staff. He's one of the richest owners in the nfl there is no reason he couldn't go and make a better hire than the one he made. Kinda like our Gators to damn cheap to make a hire that gets their fans excited.
Bad hire and he quit on the Bills over money after doing a decent job as their coach. Coughlin doesn't matter it's just a title. Why not Shanahan, Haley or McDaniels to try to save Bortles? Another bad year he will be another bust at QB and they never even gave Tebow a look even just a backup QB. SMH at Kahn.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
A little stat. In nfl history, there have been 42 cases of an interim coach becoming the permanent coach. Only 2 have been really successful. None have won a SB. Only 9 even have winning records and those are just barely above .500. Stats like these usually mean there's a good reason organizations don't do this. The argument on the radio today was to maintain continuity. Of a 3-13 ball club? That's the best argument they can come up with?
:trainwreck:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A little stat. In nfl history, there have been 42 cases of an interim coach becoming the permanent coach. Only 2 have been really successful. None have won a SB. Only 9 even have winning records and those are just barely above .500. Stats like these usually mean there's a good reason organizations don't do this. The argument on the radio today was to maintain continuity. Of a 3-13 ball club? That's the best argument they can come up with?
:trainwreck:
Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all.

I did just see where they are keeping Todd Wash and Mike Rutenberg but letting the rest of the Defensive staff go.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why didn't they just hire Coughlin as head coach instead of some meaningless do-nothing position? It's clear that Khan is perpetually drunk.

bXpMq.gif

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The downward spiral of the Jaguars will continue as long as Blake "Pick 6" Bortles is the chosen one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb