Doug Nussmeier

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When in the history of doug nussmeier has he ever thrown damn near 60 times in a game? That was mclewain. I dont have a problem with the staff trying to get the passing game going. I'm discouraged because we couldn't get it going.
You will never be able to consistently throw the ball downfield unless you can punish the other team with a running game......It doesn't matter whether you are a run first or pass first offense. Throwing sixty 2 yard passes per game is what you do when you suck like teams out west and such....Punching defenses in the gut 40 to 50 times a game at 5,6 and 8 yards a clip tends to make the other teams anus pucker as they watch average QB's launch bombs 30 plus yards down the field....

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even SOS himself said during his interview during the game that he wished they'd run the ball more.

I really believe they wanted to air it out some for a couple reasons. A tip of the hand to the HBC & also to watch DelRio & see what he's got.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
ssri_major_brands.ashx
You forgot Midol

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Doug Song

What do tigers dream of
When they take a little tiger snooze?
Do they dream of chasing zebras
Or Halle Berry in her catwoman suit?

Well don't you worry your pretty tiger head
We're gonna get you back to Tyson and your little tiger bed
Then we're gonna find our best friend Doug and
Then we're gonna give him a best friend hug!

Douuuuuug, Douuuuug...
Doug Doug a Dougie Doug Doug.....

But if you got killed by crystal meth tweakers........
Well then we're **** outta luck!

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all expected 50+, but the world doesn't stop turning because it didn't happen. It's not time to mail in the season, either. Who doesn't want to win every game by 40 points? I'd love for that to happen, but is it realistic? Nope. Am I going to incessantly bytch about it not happening? Nope.
SGG, Miami beat FAMU 70 - 3... UMass is equivalent to FAMU in my book... to not hang 50 + on them and only be winning 10 - 7 midway through the 4th quarter is very concerning. Spurrier's and Urban's team's used to dismantle the teams they should dismantle. When you're up 35 - 0 at the half you can play the 2nd, 3rd and 4th string to build depth in the second half... The offensive inadequacies in this game, plus the last 5 games last season, should be very concerning to all Gator fans and Alumni.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Perspective gentlemen. Making his first start, the guy throws 256 2TD no picks. He threw more passes in that one game than he had his entire collegiate career. It was the first game of the season. It was raining. We won.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perspective gentlemen. Making his first start, the guy throws 256 2TD no picks. He threw more passes in that one game than he had his entire collegiate career. It was the first game of the season. It was raining. We won.
Please, there is zero room for logic and reasoning in this thread. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
SGG, Miami beat FAMU 70 - 3... UMass is equivalent to FAMU in my book... to not hang 50 + on them and only be winning 10 - 7 midway through the 4th quarter is very concerning. Spurrier's and Urban's team's used to dismantle the teams they should dismantle. When you're up 35 - 0 at the half you can play the 2nd, 3rd and 4th string to build depth in the second half... The offensive inadequacies in this game, plus the last 5 games last season, should be very concerning to all Gator fans and Alumni.

Please, there is zero room for logic and reasoning in this thread. :lol:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
You get the hell out of here with that level headed talk, sir.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's false. I was extremely complimentary of the Mac and staff up until the fake FG vs LSU. You have the ability to search my posts and see for yourself. I also said do not fire him. He gets 3 years.

Mac had a great start but has really faltered and I am disappointed with his recruiting. The last two games the team did not look prepared. That's on him.

Would you rather we put our heads in the sand?
I agree you were complimentary...until the first sign of adversity. Then you went bat sh!t crazy and have had a hard-on because you've been able to piss, moan, b!tch and whine since. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree you were complimentary...until the first sign of adversity. Then you went bat sh!t crazy and have had a hard-on because you've been able to piss, moan, b!tch and whine since. :lol:

Mac did not have the team ready to play vs Michigan or UMass. Sorry I'm all out of rainbows and unicorns. I'll restock.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I am not ready to pull the plug on Nuss. There are multiple issues that go along with our offensive problems. No matter there has got to be more improvement than what we saw the other night. Beef up the run game and the OL gets aggressive we'll see more production.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You will never be able to consistently throw the ball downfield unless you can punish the other team with a running game......It doesn't matter whether you are a run first or pass first offense. Throwing sixty 2 yard passes per game is what you do when you suck like teams out west and such....Punching defenses in the gut 40 to 50 times a game at 5,6 and 8 yards a clip tends to make the other teams anus pucker as they watch average QB's launch bombs 30 plus yards down the field....
I understand that. I don't think the staff really cared with this opponent. It appeared to me that they spent the whole game trying to get delrio going. Which explains all the short easy throws. Do you really think that the coaches weren't aware of that we were able to run the ball? Mac and nuss have a history of running it quite a bit. What sucks is we burnt our season opener trying to build our qb's confidence and damn near lost to the AP's lowest ranked team.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I'd like to see some more run packages with a lead blocker. We seemed to run better from an ACE set as opposed to the gun.

Oh and I hate Butters n' Nuss!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd wager he had 5 stars all over the offense. Corky could've set records with that talent. Color me unimpressed with Nuss so far.

STOP IT BECCA!

I think you are confusing the younger kids with the Corky comment.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I said it before last year how much of a joke Nussmeier is. When he don't have the talent he don't have the numbers. I on the fire the whole damn staff but we can start with him. But I don't want to see this whole new coordinator every year. I say get rid of Nussmeier bring in a top guy who can recruit and give them next year and make the decision on the whole staff after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb