Draw Mohammed Day

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gatoravatara, May 29, 2015.

1. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $627
    Ratings:
    +6,497 / -404
    No one said Fck the constitution just saying no need to be fckn stupid with it and being a dckhead at the same time. If you went up to some older Jews and started chanting nazi sh#t and one of them hits you with a baseball bat you might say "IT IS MY RIGHT" but Im pulling for the Jewish guy and supporting his right to respond that way.

2. VulcanAlex

VulcanAlex Senior Vulcan Cowboy

Oxbucks:
    $3
    Ratings:
    +322 / -0
    Well Gee there was a nut around here that actually picketed churches with some stupid stuff. Nobody even called the police to remove him. We have seen idiots protesting at the funerals of servicemen, nobody assaulted them at all.

So if they were drawing nasty pictures nobody would care and of course they are doing this at their place not in front of a place of worship.

Now I don't think it a good idea and I would not do it because I respect religion and see no benefit to doing it other than to possibly catch some nuts and eliminate them. Simple!!!

3. VulcanAlex

Oxbucks:
    $3
    Ratings:
    +322 / -0
    I am not OK with it but the most that can be done (and I know some folks who have done it) is to screen them from the folks at the funeral. The constitution protects objectionable speech from the government.

I stay away because I might get into trouble or get hurt from protesting their foolish actions. Simple!!!

4. Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
    $663
    Ratings:
    +1,924 / -467
    If sh!t goes down, I really don't have any sympathy for these people. Its one thing doing it at some community center. But doing it outside their mosque is just going our of the way to provoke. Sh!tting on their guy in front of their place of worship.

• VulcanAlex

Oxbucks:
      $3
      Ratings:
      +322 / -0
      Well Gee not having sympathy is different from indicating that they don't have a constitutional right to do foolish things. Simple!!

• L-boy

L-boy Senior Member
        BANNED

Oxbucks:
        $46
        Ratings:
        +1,461 / -169
        I think everybody understands it is constitutional. The debate is whether it is advisable.

I actually don't have a problem with an exercise or event where people draw Mohammed. In a way it is healthy. It is a reassertion of our basic freedoms, ones that some muslim groups would prefer us lose in the name of their religion.

However, when you push it past a certain point, all you are doing is provoking and inflamming.

I would think most gun supporters would support a peaceful event where gun owners gather and peacefully and lawfully brought along their guns - assuming open carry is allowed. However, I don't think anyone of us thinks it is a good idea for a guy to come with his large assault rifle and parade it around in front of a little league baseball game.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Piehole stuffed douchebag
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $17,170
        Ratings:
        +41,364 / -1,378
        You know the answer to that.

You think ole avatard sat around wringing his hands when they have a Jesus in Piss day? Hell, no, he'd be screaming at the top of his lungs demanding that the government fund more of this.

• VulcanAlex

Oxbucks:
          $3
          Ratings:
          +322 / -0
          I don't see too many thinking it is advisable on this board so that is not a debate here as I see it.

Now I like the idea of the say FBI doing this as a sting to folks who would do violence.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Piehole stuffed douchebag
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $17,170
          Ratings:
          +41,364 / -1,378
          But... but... but... central tenet of left wing lunacy is violated by this statement. Obama and all others offended.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,951
          Ratings:
          +12,035 / -177
          I surmised as much from your comment as you did from what you perceive these people to be doing.
          You can do as you wish, within the law. In your hypothetical post here, which has nothing to do with me and everything to do with your imagination, that person has no legal right to hit me. It's sad that you support illegal behavior, and can't seem to grasp that he wouldn't have that right.
          You know, a wise man named John Kerry once said "In America, we have a right to be stupid", or something to that extent.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,951
          Ratings:
          +12,035 / -177
          Absolutely not. That version of "free speech" and "art" has gone on for years with nary a peep from the left (looking at you avatara :wink: ) about how the artist deserves what they get if someone lashes out at them. I love selective outrage, it's quite amusing to watch ;)

• VulcanAlex

Oxbucks:
          $3
          Ratings:
          +322 / -0
          Well sometimes an individual can do things that the government is not allowed to do. Some are actually illegal and you have to pay the price if you choose to do so. I can't imagine anybody having cause to hit you.

• Gatoravatara

Gatoravatara Protaganista

Oxbucks:
          $663
          Ratings:
          +1,924 / -467
          Did he do this at the Church? No I did not wring my hands. I am a tolerant mofo. So if somebody blasphemes God, I don't care. But Most people would not do it at a church.

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,951
          Ratings:
          +12,035 / -177
          short of the individuals being on the physical property of said church, the location is irrelevant.

• VulcanAlex

Oxbucks:
          $3
          Ratings:
          +322 / -0
          I agree!!! Today no matter where you might do thins everyone would find out about it. Not if there was no publicity then the location might make a difference.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $627
          Ratings:
          +6,497 / -404
          I need to know. If you were nearby would you join these brilliant individuals exercising their constitutional rights in front of the mosque? I see people all the time on FB and in person threatening physical violence to those that step on the American Flag. Are you as disappointed in those violent reactions to a constitutional right.

• AugustaGator

AugustaGator Junior Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,354
          Ratings:
          +4,668 / -93
          Wait they are doing it outside a mosque? Will it get blown up too?

• URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamBrad
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,951
          Ratings:
          +12,035 / -177
          See post #15.

Disappointed? In people I don't know? Strange.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $627
          Ratings:
          +6,497 / -404
          This was what was said earlier......... Originally posted by stephenPE View Post
          No one said Fck the constitution just saying no need to be fckn stupid with it and being a dckhead at the same time. If you went up to some older Jews and started chanting nazi sh#t and one of them hits you with a baseball bat you might say "IT IS MY RIGHT" but Im pulling for the Jewish guy and supporting his right to respond that way.

I surmised as much from your comment as you did from what you perceive these people to be doing.
          You can do as you wish, within the law. In your hypothetical post here, which has nothing to do with me and everything to do with your imagination, that person has no legal right to hit me. It's sad that you support illegal behavior, and can't seem to grasp that he wouldn't have that right.
          You know, a wise man named John Kerry once said "In America, we have a right to be stupid", or something to that extent.

You were upset I approved a Jewish person reacting with violence for nazi provocation. I pointed out how violence is threatened about the flag. I asked if that bothered you too.

• VulcanAlex

Oxbucks:
          $3
          Ratings:
          +322 / -0
          I will bite. I would not join because I don't draw well, tend to stay out of trouble, and generally am not so competent in a fight. I am not disappointed if someone took offense to those stepping on the Flag. I would be if they did not take the consequences of their action.

If I saw someone around here disrespecting the flag I might call them on it and if they assaulted me I would use both civil and criminal means to make them pay. We fly the flag around here not disrespect it. Simple!!!

Attached Files: