Driskel

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n8578 said:
Pretty good write up on Driskel. Sounds like the young man is on a mission. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-gators-jeff-driskel-0629-20140628,0,726446.story?track=rss

I definitely think part of the problem is he continues to try to force things many times after a mistake (Miami game etc.) so that would be good if he eliminates that. This system is definitely made for him so it is put up or shut up time for him now. I think he will make a big improvement with the offense changing.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GIGator;n8578 said:
Pretty good write up on Driskel. Sounds like the young man is on a mission. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-gators-jeff-driskel-0629-20140628,0,726446.story?track=rss

I definitely think part of the problem is he continues to try to force things many times after a mistake (Miami game etc.) so that would be good if he eliminates that. This system is definitely made for him so it is put up or shut up time for him now. I think he will make a big improvement with the offense changing.
Let's hope Roper can do his thing and get Jeff on track.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Harris shows he can move the team, which I believe he will prove, I would have Driskel on a short leash. By the Alabama game Driskel should have the system down and make plays, the right plays! If he starts his usual boneheaded decision making I would bench him. We can be competitive and win games but not with bad turnovers, not finding the open man and mistakes.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n8875 said:
If Harris shows he can move the team, which I believe he will prove, I would have Driskel on a short leash. By the Alabama game Driskel should have the system down and make plays, the right plays! If he starts his usual boneheaded decision making I would bench him. We can be competitive and win games but not with bad turnovers, not finding the open man and mistakes.

I prefer not to start a Freshman against SEC defenses.

BTW: nice nice new name law. :bandit:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n8875 said:
and when exactly do you think he's going to show he can move the team? In practice against the 2nd string defense? Not to mention that he's already well behind the learning curve to Grier who was here all spring. But no thanks on another frosh starting games against SEC defenses. That's a recipe for disaster.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is a very good chance that Driskel will be the starter in 2015 as well; however, I have a feeling that at this time next year, there won't be nearly as many complaints about that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n8902 said:
There is a very good chance that Driskel will be the starter in 2015 as well; however, I have a feeling that at this time next year, there won't be nearly as many complaints about that.

I think you're right. Roper's offense is nearly tailor made for Jeff. If he makes better decisions this year, or at least avoids the really dumb mistakes, he'll be dynamite. The downside is it'll be difficult to hold onto both Grier and Harris if Jeff is still the starter for 2015.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n8960 said:
I think you're right. Roper's offense is nearly tailor made for Jeff. If he makes better decisions this year, or at least avoids the really dumb mistakes, he'll be dynamite. The downside is it'll be difficult to hold onto both Grier and Harris if Jeff is still the starter for 2015.
Nah that won't be the hard part...that will come after Jeff leaves and we have another JD/Brissett like competition for the starting job in 2016...loser will most likely leave.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n8967 said:
Nah that won't be the hard part...that will come after Jeff leaves and we have another JD/Brissett like competition for the starting job in 2016...loser will most likely leave.

Yeah, you are probably right, although Roper has shown he's not afraid to use two QBs, so it's possible he could use them both quite a bit and prevent that scenario.

We can only hope!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Driskel will show improvement this year. Hopefully a lot of improvement.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n8970 said:
Yeah, you are probably right, although Roper has shown he's not afraid to use two QBs, so it's possible he could use them both quite a bit and prevent that scenario.

We can only hope!

Even if Roper uses 2 QB's, whoever is the backup probably won't be the full starter until 2018. I hope the #2 guy is patient enough to wait that long, but I wouldn't bet on it.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n8960 said:

That is a big "If", in my opinion...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
CaribGator;n8875 said:

I prefer not to start a Freshman against SEC defenses.

BTW: nice nice new name law. :bandit:
:rolleyes: There's only one Law.

I prefer not to play guys who are more likely to fumble or throw an int than score. But that's just me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n8902 said:
I too believe that Driskel may be starting in 2015....

At TE.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n9206 said:

At TE.

If he catches like Tebow, I don't think he can beat out our #3 TE.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Law98gator;n9206 said:

At TE.

Jordan Reed was our last dumber than a box of rocks QB, and he did reasonably well at TE.

Driskel has to do something well, doesn't he?

Roper says he first teaches his QBs how to read defenses and then chooses the most accurate QB. We'll see how Driskel fares on those two points.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Law98gator;n9206 said:

At TE.

He runs out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage better than anyone I've ever seen.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Law98gator;n9206 said:

At TE.

Hopefully he'll make us all believers this year.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
Law98gator;n9206 said:

At TE.

Reed gets a bad rap for his early years when he would catch the ball and immediately hit the ground. His last year he was a gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator