Driskel

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law, I enjoy some of the things you write; however, your never-ending bashing of Driskel makes me anxious to hear you beep like a tractor, in reverse, when Roper and Driskel make you bust out the microwave Crow. You don't give the kid any chance of succeeding and that's mainly because you have dug yourself in to such a deep hole that you can't even pop your head up to see what's going on around you. I understand the lack of complete confidence in Driskel, but, I believe two things: one, you enjoy getting others fired up over Driskel and two, you enjoy getting others fired up over Driskel. No person could really believe that Driskel has no chance, at all, of turning things around. There are several NFL Scouts who believe Driskel will have a very good year and position himself to move up the Draft charts. They know a little about football and they understand that Jeff has not been properly coached, nor has he been used in a way the takes advantage of his strengths. I watched the Miami game, again, the other day and Jeff moved the offense up and down the field. It wasn't until the mistakes in the red zone, not only by Jeff, that the offense stalled. It's going to be interesting when you have to admit that you were poking people with your stick, for kicks.
Not bad grasshopper!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law, I enjoy some of the things you write; however, your never-ending bashing of Driskel makes me anxious to hear you beep like a tractor, in reverse, when Roper and Driskel make you bust out the microwave Crow. You don't give the kid any chance of succeeding and that's mainly because you have dug yourself in to such a deep hole that you can't even pop your head up to see what's going on around you. I understand the lack of complete confidence in Driskel, but, I believe two things: one, you enjoy getting others fired up over Driskel and two, you enjoy getting others fired up over Driskel. No person could really believe that Driskel has no chance, at all, of turning things around. There are several NFL Scouts who believe Driskel will have a very good year and position himself to move up the Draft charts. They know a little about football and they understand that Jeff has not been properly coached, nor has he been used in a way the takes advantage of his strengths. I watched the Miami game, again, the other day and Jeff moved the offense up and down the field. It wasn't until the mistakes in the red zone, not only by Jeff, that the offense stalled. It's going to be interesting when you have to admit that you were poking people with your stick, for kicks.
Yeah, I know, Robbie Andreu says he knows some scout who thinks Ears will get drafted. Maybe he will. Hell, Christian Ponder was a first round draft pick, and he was a disaster as a QB in college also. Jamarcus Russell was first overall and he was known as a fat, lazy kid who was a turnover waiting to happen. Jaguars, apparently, have an entire crew of scouts that prefer to pick Div 1AA or Div 2 players.

I am extremely frustrated with Driskel because he has all the talent in the world yet looks like a 2 star QB because of his mental deficiencies. Weis made two QBs into standouts. Peas, well Peas was Peas, but I guarantee you that Peas didn't tell Driskel to look at the rush instead of looking downfield, to look at one and only one receiver, and force the ball to him even if there are 4-6 defenders around him, to panic and scramble to the right on every play even when he was leaving a perfectly clean pocket, and about a 1000 other things. These are the kind of things that are basic to even a high school QB. It's flabbergasting to see a guy who's been here 3 years still making junior high level mistakes.

I love the fact that when Murphy, two star noodle arm Murphy, came in last year, he immediately started barking out line adjustments when he recognized blitzes and occasionally audibled. People were stunned bc the GSMB groupthink was that Peas must have been prohibiting poor ole Driskel from adjusting the line when the defense showed blitz.

Yes, I absolutely think there is zero chance that Driskel looks like anyone but same old Driskel out there. Remember when we used to make fun of the Clowns for their yearly "This is Xavier Lee's Year" threads. Now we're wearing that shoe.

Every year we hear how he's working hard and that the coaches are going to dumb down the offense even more next year. Tired of hearing it.

I'd take Murphy, Ingle Martin or Brindise in a heartbeat. Driskel is the worst staring QB we've ever had since I started watching. Even Doug Johnson and some of the others at least had the capacity to do their job occasionally. Driskel has had two good quarters in the last 3 years. Yeah, we'll dumb down the offense even more this year so Driskel can figure it out. Whatever.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:
I like seeing our guys scoring big but I'll take 1 point wins over our major rivals everyday.:dance2:
No I didn't. I edited grammatical errors and poor sentence structure. It's harder for me to do this on a phone.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98 just said Driskel is worse than Brantley!

I think this is the end of Western Civilization.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law, they aren't "dumbing down" the offense. It is what it is. - the offense that Roper runs. Yes, Driskel has made mistakes that makes us scratch our heads; however, how many times did you hear Pease say what he was doing to help Jeff? There have been QB's make that leap, just like there have been those who failed to do so. Shane Mathews, Noah Brandise and others believe Jeff will excel, this year. Shane mentioned the difference in how Roper coaches QB's and that we haven't had anyone like him since SOS. He even mentioned the things Pease didn't do and how he failed to get the offense behind him. Roper has them squarely in his camp and that will help Jeff a lot. We just need to stay healthy.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Oh, Robbie Andreu is an idiot. I wouldn't quote him on anything. :-)

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz said:
deuce coupe;n11800 said:
I think winning is more important than "hanging 50" on a few teams.
Having an average margin of victory of multiple touchdowns is what increases your margin for error and hence leads to more wins, because **** happens. You can look all you want, but you aren't going to find an example of a team sustaining success over several seasons while barely winning their games.
Who's asking for an offensive juggernaut? I think we'd all settle for anything north of mediocre at this point. We've had one of the worst offenses in the country since Tebow left.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n11972 said:
Law98 just said Driskel is worse than Brantley! I think this is the end of Western Civilization.
He's definitely worse when it comes to the forward pass.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n11744 said:
I am curious why some of you think that Driskel and the offense will make a quantum leap this season? Roper had 15 practices in the spring and he has around 20 practices on the fall to continue to implement the offense. Driskel has never shown he can carry this team and I have serious questions about the overall offensive player development over the past 3 seasons.

The Orange and Blue game was set-up to be a huge game for Driskel and he could not even throw for 200 yards in that game. The O & B stats: Driskel 19/33, 171 yards 1 TD and 1 sack with a long pass of 31 yards, Mornhinweg: 14/18, 149 yards, 2 TD and 1 sack and Grier: 8/15, 1 interception, 72 yards, 0 TD and 1 sack.

My opinion is that we need to hang 50+ on Idaho and Eastern Michigan in the first two games. Idaho and Eastern Michigan each gave up 40 points and over 9 times last season. Their combined record was 3 - 21 and we need to blow them out. Alabama will be the game to let us know where we stand this season.

I think the Idaho game will show if Muschamp is truly not messing with the offensive strategy anymore if we hang 40+ on them and aren't just running it up the middle mostly once we get a 2 TD lead.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy;n12238 said:
MoprningGlory throws flutter balls. Grier throws darts.
You're awfully feisty tonight....and your spelling is atrocious. You drunk?

:drunk:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dugaboy said:
MoprningGlory throws flutter balls. Grier throws darts.
You folk's hate toward Skylar is troublesome. What will you say if Roper turns him into a top notch back-up for Jeff? Roper has experience molding QBs, Pease didn't mold anything but the bread in his pantry at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator