Driskel's comments - hope for the new offense ?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
TheDouglas78;n14222 said:
Against Idaho for a game where we might need to get into rythm we should get at least 30, but Eastern Michigan should have at least 50 hung on them. Or else we do need to worry.
Agreed...Idaho may be a bit tougher simply it's the first full game and in a new offense. We used to have some downer opening games in the SOS years because you just aren't always clicking very well that early. But a better 2nd game and a don't take your foot off the gas mentality is what im really going to be looking for. If we put the offense away just because of a 2 TD lead or something then we know Muschamp is still being the same head coach. I think even if just to help the mentality of the team they need to be let loose and let them pound on somebody. This offense needs some confidence in the worst way...even if it's sort of false confidence.
If we get a 2 TD and lose some of our starters to injury, people will be bitching because Muschamp left them in the game. As for Pease - he sucked! He did the same crap at Bsylor and got ran off. Peterson ran the offense at Boise, not Pease and if Pease gets the OC job back it will be because Peterson knows he will just be a conduit. Roper will remind us what a real OC looks like.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n14576 said:
Sure we do. Look at the offense rankings the last 3 years.

And that proves he controlled the offense how? All that shows is he is bad at hiring OC's.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n14576 said:
Sure we do. Look at the offense rankings the last 3 years.

It's not like we were an offensive jaugernaut in 2010. We did rank 82 out of 120 teams before Muschamp. Muschamp has hired some crappy offensive coordinators, but our offensive struggles didn't start with him.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n14606 said:
It's not like we were an offensive jaugernaut in 2010. We did rank 82 out of 120 teams before Muschamp. Muschamp has hired some crappy offensive coordinators, but our offensive struggles didn't start with him.
It started when Daz took over in 09. Constant coaching turnover at all offensive positions, poor recruiting, poor development, and a rash of injuries on a depleted Oline have all contributed to this horrendous offensive performance of the past few years. Im not getting into the Meyer vs Muschamp thing as they were both responsible it's just that Muschamp hasn't fixed it at all. Meyer's last few recruiting classes were just horrendous on offense and it started to show in 2010.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
It started when Daz took over in 09. Constant coaching turnover at all offensive positions, poor recruiting, poor development, and a rash of injuries on a depleted Oline have all contributed to this horrendous offensive performance of the past few years. Im not getting into the Meyer vs Muschamp thing as they were both responsible it's just that Muschamp hasn't fixed it at all. Meyer's last few recruiting classes were just horrendous on offense and it started to show in 2010.
exactly. Muschamp hasn't fixed or helped the situation with is hirers. But the 2009 statistics we were still 7th ranked offense. But the playcalling was horrendious. Without the talent on the roster we would have been a lot worse than 13-1. The attrition has slowly worn down, with out the recruiting and coaching to fix it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n14611 said:

Yep 09 was pretty bad in SEC play compared to 07 and 08

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n14601 said:
And that proves he controlled the offense how? All that shows is he is bad at hiring OC's.

No it shows he was interfering too much imo and we will know the 1st game whether he has truly changed when we get a 2 TD lead on Idaho.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
09 was all against the 5 non - SEC opponents - we had a big drop off against SEC opponents compared to 07 and 08.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just a little info to highlight my point...these are the offensive recruits for meyer's last 2 years and Muschamps first 2...it's pretty staggering how few even made it a couple of years and the amount of career backups they produced and really no true stars. At best we have seen some solid starters or role players.

2009-

Stephen Alli- career backup
Andre Debose- Injuries/bust
Xavier Nixon- Bust
Kyle Koehne- career backup
Jordan Reed-
Desmond Parks- Transfer
Jonotthan Harrison
Nick Alajajian- Bust
Mike Gillislee
Jon Halapio

2010-

Chaz Green
Tyler Murphy- career backup/transfer
Chris Dunkley- transfer
Quinton Dunbar
Mack Brown- career backup
Soloman Patton
Gerald Christian- transfer
Michael McFarland- transfer
Trey Burton
Ian Silberman- career backup

2011-

Jacoby Brissett- transfer
Ac Leonard- transfer
Trip Thurman- career backup
Tommy Jordan
Hunter Joyer
Jeff Driskel
Jajuan Story- transfer
Clay Burton- recruited DE/moved TE
Tevin Westbrook- recruited DE/moved TE
Valdez Showers- recruited DB/moved to RB/WR

2012-

Raph Andrades- backup
Skyler Monhinweg- backup
Kent Tayloer- transfer
DJ Humphries
Colin Thompson- career ending injury
Jessamen Dunker- kicked off team
Matt Jones
Latroy Pittman

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n14621 said:
Just a little info to highlight my point...these are the offensive recruits for meyer's last 2 years and Muschamps first 2...it's pretty staggering how few even made it a couple of years and the amount of career backups they produced and really no true stars. At best we have seen some solid starters or role players.

2009-

Xavier Nixon- Bust
Jordan Reed-
Desmond Parks- Transfer
Jonotthan Harrison
Nick Alajajian- Bust
Mike Gillislee
Jon Halapio

2010-

Chaz Green
Chris Dunkley- transfer
Quinton Dunbar
Soloman Patton
Trey Burton

2011-

Ac Leonard- transfer
Tommy Jordan
Hunter Joyer
Jeff Driskel
Jajuan Story- transfer

2012-

Raph Andrades- backup
Skyler Monhinweg- backup
Kent Tayloer- transfer
DJ Humphries
Matt Jones
Latroy Pittman

Take it back to 2008:

Jeff Demp
Frankie Hammond Jr
Omar Hines - WR moved TE then to RB
TJ Lawrence - transfer
Carl Moore
Matt Patchan
Sam Robey
David Young

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n14560 said:
Point to where I was defending Muschamp? I blame both for the horrible 2013 season.
Unfortunately I can't pull the 10,000 post that you made in support of him on the GSMB.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:

2009-

Xavier Nixon- Bust
Jordan Reed-
Desmond Parks- Transfer
Jonotthan Harrison
Nick Alajajian- Bust
Mike Gillislee
Jon Halapio

2010-

Chaz Green
Chris Dunkley- transfer
Quinton Dunbar
Soloman Patton
Trey Burton

2011-

Ac Leonard- transfer
Tommy Jordan
Hunter Joyer
Jeff Driskel
Jajuan Story- transfer

2012-

Raph Andrades- backup
Skyler Monhinweg- backup
Kent Tayloer- transfer
DJ Humphries
Matt Jones
Latroy Pittman
good list except a couple of things, Park wasn't a transfer, he had a neck injury and couldn't play anymore, same with Tommy Jordan except he had shoulder problems,both graduated UF in dec. I read somewhere that in Urbs last 3 recruiting classes we lost a total of 1/3 the class.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
don't disagree with that at all. As I said without the roster we had we were not a 13-1 team due to the playcalling.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

• #6.2

GIGator commented
    [COLOR=#366092 !important]Yesterday, 01:53 PM[/COLOR]

I believe Saban got Muschamp on Pease. I don't think it was intentional. Saban was really interested in Pease and I think that increased Muschamp's interest. Meyer got Muschamp in several other ways, including interfering with the players that played for Meyer.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:

2009-

Xavier Nixon- Bust
Jordan Reed-
Desmond Parks- Transfer
Jonotthan Harrison
Nick Alajajian- Bust
Mike Gillislee
Jon Halapio

2010-

Chaz Green
Chris Dunkley- transfer
Quinton Dunbar
Soloman Patton
Trey Burton

2011-

Ac Leonard- transfer
Tommy Jordan
Hunter Joyer
Jeff Driskel
Jajuan Story- transfer

2012-

Raph Andrades- backup
Skyler Monhinweg- backup
Kent Tayloer- transfer
DJ Humphries
Matt Jones
Latroy Pittman
either way they were non factors.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n14625 said:
Take it back to 2008:

Jeff Demp
Frankie Hammond Jr
Omar Hines - WR moved TE then to RB
TJ Lawrence - transfer
Carl Moore
Matt Patchan
Sam Robey
David Young
exactly...this has been an ongoing problem for years now and people just want to bash muschamp. Trust me i believe he is plenty to blame with his bad hiring of offensive coaches and a pretty awful recruiting job as well.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n14669 said:

• #6.2

GIGator commented

I believe Saban got Muschamp on Pease. I don't think it was intentional. Saban was really interested in Pease and I think that increased Muschamp's interest. Meyer got Muschamp in several other ways, including interfering with the players that played for Meyer.

Mac Brown was allegedly going to bring Weis to UT as OC and that is why WM hired him. WM is just woefully deficient about all things offense for a HBC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n14669 said:

• #6.2

GIGator commented

The same reason Saban got Kiffin now ? I think Saban would have hired him and he actually had the players to run what Muschamp wanted to run on offense.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n14107 said:
Champ knows defense. He knows how to spot talent in the defensive coaching ranks. He's completely clueless on offense and being a new HC I think he was led astray on some advice. One of the most powerful quotes IMO came from Muschamp:

I think when you lean on the Sabans, Meyers, and Fishers of the world you're going to get burnt.
The 2 posts above are in reference to this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.