Duke "Hidden Treasure" QB heading to Gators?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
His Achilles' are like rubber bands or 85 year old womens breasts.

Pass.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Its hilarious. If the article said he was talking to everyone except Florida, then it would be Butters was late to the show again.
Not true at all. The only folks around here who want another grad transfer are the habitual pumpers. The rest of us want to see one of the young guys whos been in the system for a bit. They want to see someone play who will be here a few years.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Not true at all. The only folks around here who want another grad transfer are the habitual pumpers. The rest of us want to see one of the young guys whos been in the system for a bit. They want to see someone play who will be here a few years.

I wasnt talking about the level headed posters. Its habitual.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
The only folks around here who want another grad transfer are the habitual pumpers. The rest of us want to see one of the young guys whos been in the system for a bit. They want to see someone play who will be here a few years.

False.

Dumpers are just as happy to say Mac hasn't gotten it yet and we don't have a QB on the roster capable of playing in the SEC. Their only hope for a winning season is another mercenary like AA who is one and done while the staff continues to try and figure out QB recruiting and development. And, just as with AA, we'll still be without an SEC level QB.

Pumpers don't need another grad transfer, and would be just as happy if one of the kids who redshirted are ready to go and be the man for the next few years. That would be well received by everyone*.

*Except those who must complain regardless of the situation.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
False.

Dumpers are just as happy to say Mac hasn't gotten it yet and we don't have a QB on the roster capable of playing in the SEC. Their only hope for a winning season is another mercenary like AA who is one and done while the staff continues to try and figure out QB recruiting and development. And, just as with AA, we'll still be without an SEC level QB.

Pumpers don't need another grad transfer, and would be just as happy if one of the kids who redshirted are ready to go and be the man for the next few years. That would be well received by everyone*.

Yeah, thats false, there are plently of dumpers on this board who do not want another GT and want to see one of these young guys take the reigns. Alot have even been very vocal about it and the reason for it is whether you think those young guys will pan out or not, at least we'll finally know once and for all if mac's got it and if he knows how to select players with talent, and coach them up. I haven't seen one single dumper pine for another GT but Ive seen plenty deride the idea each time it comes up. Find some dumpers posts begging for a GT. Just because they dont like the current young guys doesnt mean they want a GT. Many want mac to be forced to show his cards, good or not.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
False.

You're not READING then. Only pumpers are wanting this guy on the roster. I do not want him. I want Frask to be given the reigns and let's see what we have. READ dude. It's in several threads.

No one should want this guy to be the starter here. No one. Pumper or dumper.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His Achilles' are like rubber bands or 85 year old womens breasts.

Pass.

I was going to ask how you knew what really old boobs feel like.... but I dont want to know.

giphy.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been agreeing with Rex for a while now. It is creeping me the fook out. It isn't normal.

Here's the deal with Rex. He's right the majority of the time. He's like that voice in your head that refuses to back down and demands that you see something for what it is.

But just because it's right, it doesn't mean that we want to hear it ALL the time.

Sometimes when you truly love something, you are going to handle reality a little bit differently with it. Maybe give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe extend trust when it's not warranted. Maybe pump optimism just because the idea of reality is crushing.

But on the opposite end (for me), I don't need bullshyt blown up my ass.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Perhaps another practice arm and more competition at the position. We have room so if the coaches see some advantage I am fine with it. I do expect one of the younger players to actually earn the job by their performance and leadership.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You're not READING then. Only pumpers are wanting this guy on the roster. I do not want him. I want Frask to be given the reigns and let's see what we have. READ dude. It's in several threads.

No one should want this guy to be the starter here. No one. Pumper or dumper.

Do you actually want any QB to be "given" anything? I sure hope not, they should earn it in practice, in leadership, etc.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Do you actually want any QB to be "given" anything? I sure hope not, they should earn it in practice, in leadership, etc.

Grad transfers are a little bit different. Why would any of them transfer to ride the pine? You would want a legit shot, wouldn't you? Frask should be battling it out. God help us all if LDR is in the mix. Now you want a 4th kid trying to get reps? Mac has made a mess of the qb spot since he's been here. Just for once...I'd like to see Mac get a kid ready and have an acceptable offense. My god, 116th? We have every right to question Mac at this point. He hasn't earned shyt.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Grad transfers are a little bit different. Why would any of them transfer to ride the pine? You would want a legit shot, wouldn't you? Frask should be battling it out. God help us all if LDR is in the mix. Now you want a 4th kid trying to get reps? Mac has made a mess of the qb spot since he's been here. Just for once...I'd like to see Mac get a kid ready and have an acceptable offense. My god, 116th? We have every right to question Mac at this point. He hasn't earned shyt.

What does this have to do between earning your position and being given it. Now I bet you don't want anybody to just be given it, but those are the words I saw. I don't care much about the number of QBs, only that they earn their position and be effective. And questioning the HBC is fine, I just don't consider myself competent to evaluate his performance other than it the win loss type of terms.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What does this have to do between earning your position and being given it. Now I bet you don't want anybody to just be given it, but those are the words I saw. I don't care much about the number of QBs, only that they earn their position and be effective. And questioning the HBC is fine, I just don't consider myself competent to evaluate his performance other than it the win loss type of terms.
Grad transfers have ONE year left to play. They are going to go somewhere that gives them the best opportunity to start. Why would someone transfer to FSU this year or last year with Deshaun at Clemson? They wouldn't. If the Duke kid comes here it is because Mac told him he'd every chance to start. Not good. Not good at all.

You don't question having a triple digit offense two years in a row?

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I apologize - my comments back to you were a little off target. Yes, I want Trask or Franks to battle it out and the one that earns it should start. I do not want LDR or another retread to start. Make sense now?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I apologize - my comments back to you were a little off target. Yes, I want Trask or Franks to battle it out and the one that earns it should start. I do not want LDR or another retread to start. Make sense now?

Yes it does and I expected this response.. I agree with you but someone needs to be another arm and run the scout team. Those retreads can serve a purpose.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it does and I expected this response.. I agree with you but someone needs to be another arm and run the scout team. Those retreads can serve a purpose.

What moron(and from Duke of all places) comes to run the scout team their last season of football?

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What moron(and from Duke of all places) comes to run the scout team their last season of football?

Who knows, the idea is sometimes having more arms is a benefit, and if they can't win the job well they have to serve some purpose. And if they can earn the job we get a better QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.