Duke "Hidden Treasure" QB heading to Gators?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows, the idea is sometimes having more arms is a benefit, and if they can't win the job well they have to serve some purpose. And if they can earn the job we get a better QB.

You would be ok with another grad transfer starting at QB? Not me. Not a lot of people(including a lot of pumpers) would not be ok with it. No more band-aids.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sick of seeing other's leftovers attempt to lead our offense. SICK OF IT! I also don't know why we would want a grad transfer taking reps from 2 redshirt freshmen and a true freshman that need every snap they can get in practice. Why waste any time with coaching, med staff, S&C staff, nutrition staff, etc with a player that is going to be gone in one year? Mac has 3 young QBs that HE RECRUITED along with LDR, so why waste the resources on another team's reject? If he offers the best chance to win, then Mac has failed at recruiting and development.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So, we were told we couldnt accept any grad transfers but we are complaining about possibly taking one? Just checking.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sick of seeing other's leftovers attempt to lead our offense. SICK OF IT! I also don't know why we would want a grad transfer taking reps from 2 redshirt freshmen and a true freshman that need every snap they can get in practice. Why waste any time with coaching, med staff, S&C staff, nutrition staff, etc with a player that is going to be gone in one year? Mac has 3 young QBs that HE RECRUITED along with LDR, so why waste the resources on another team's reject? If he offers the best chance to win, then Mac has failed at recruiting and development.

I think this is dead on. Some people can't bring themselves to admit it. Remember the 5th year Muschamp people.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where the **** is Trask gonna transfer to?
16335E164BFFF08246D048

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sick of seeing other's leftovers attempt to lead our offense. SICK OF IT!
Im sick of it and sick at the thought of seeing anyone on our roster attempt to lead our offense also.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Grad transfers have ONE year left to play.

You are incorrect in the above. It is usually the case they have one year to play. Etiling did the grad transfer from Purdue to LSU last year had two years left to play. Of course I have not heard any talk of UF looking at a grad transfer with two years of eligibility left.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
You would be ok with another grad transfer starting at QB? Not me. Not a lot of people(including a lot of pumpers) would not be ok with it. No more band-aids.

It is pretty clear that we disagree, and I thought you were moving on.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Couple of things to consider here. One, why is he leaving Duke? Has he been led to believe that he won't be the starter there? Two, is he looking for a chance to play at a higher level program, and perhaps vault himself into a NFL career by playing against some of the best competition? If the latter is true and he is CLEARLY better than anyone else on the roster then I say why not? At worst he will sit the bench and at best he will give the offense the last remaining piece(other than TE) to answer the question about whether or not Mac's offense is all of that......If we have another year of incompetent QB play that could in fact be another built in excuse for the pumpers and new AD to let Mac hang around. It also would give the other 3 QB's a chance to ready themselves for the future because I highly doubt any of them are ready for what SEC defenses are going to throw at them. Then what are we left with other than an abortion of a season......

And before anyone jumps all over me for this I fully AGREE that we should NOT be in this position to begin with going into year 3..

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The 800 lb. gorilla in the room is wtf was butters thinking when he basically encouraged Grier to leave with no prospects of a competent replacement and over a year later still none......

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The 800 lb. gorilla in the room is wtf was butters thinking when he basically encouraged Grier to leave with no prospects of a competent replacement and over a year later still none......

Concrete response coming in 3...2..1....

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh Lord! Don't get 'Crete started on that again!

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He looks like Jeff Driskel without the arm strength.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It is pretty clear that we disagree, and I thought you were moving on.
We are just having a normal conversation. Who said anything about moving on? Don't care either way though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh Lord! Don't get 'Crete started on that again!
Since you guys ask for it.:lol:....Now that I think about it this kid would be nuts to come here.....I mean who's to say that he might or might not be taking a over the counter supplement that the coaches know fully well about....and get led out of town by the scruff of the neck once LDR's daddy turns the heat up on Mac when his noodle armed son is medically cleared next fall in the middle of a 6 game winning streak.....I mean, it's not like it hasn't happened here before.....:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator