Dumpers vs Pumpers Roll Call

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ridiculous thread. We're all Gators, but we're split on how to wear our displeasure over the current product.

I prefer the snowflake millennial approach.
You are playing video games and getting tattoos instead of watching games?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
:pumper:
3 wins, 1 loss.

October will determine whether the sunshine dims or brightens. Ain't gonna waste time dumping. Plenty of folks handling that dooty.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm a pumper.
But understand we are a long way from being elite again.
I don't put the blame squarely on Mac at all.
Our games have been hard to watch for awhile - my bottom line feeling is that he either recruits well or he will go and has a few more years to do that.
So where should the blame be put 3 years in? You still on the blame Muschamp train? Because that shouldn't be the case by now. You blaming it on the players for stealing? Mac should be teaching them better than that. You blaming it on the Qb? Because their all Mac recruits and he's coaching them. You blaming Nuss? Because Mac hired him and has done nothing to change it so far. You blaming it on recruiting? It's Mac's job to recruit. So tell me why the blame should not be put on Mac at this point?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So where should the blame be put 3 years in? You still on the blame Muschamp train? Because that shouldn't be the case by now. You blaming it on the players for stealing? Mac should be teaching them better than that. You blaming it on the Qb? Because their all Mac recruits and he's coaching them. You blaming Nuss? Because Mac hired him and has done nothing to change it so far. You blaming it on recruiting? It's Mac's job to recruit. So tell me why the blame should not be put on Mac at this point?
Im blaming all the dumpers and the nasty karma all directed at our program. It is like a 21,000,000 gun salute of it "all sucks all the time". That much negativity has permeated all that is orange and blue. Much like national politics it has devolved into "you either a realist and know we suck and need to come over here or you're just a delusional butter lover"..........Lines have been drawn. Names have been called. Nasty is all over. You can call me what you want but you will have to pry my orange and blue shaker from my cold dead hands before I appear to be a hater of ANYTHING Gator....................it is 4:44am after all.............that's my excuse.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How is this for Realism = Mac's 1st year was suppose to be lucky to go 7-5 = 7 wins but he got 10 & COY.
So 2nd year after 7-5 would rationally be 8-4. We essentially won 10 & back to the SEC CG. 3rd year, for such a crummy HC, lucky if Mac got us 9 wins (all progress) ... but Mac hasn't been knocked off the 9 or 10 win season yet.??

Yes, it's true that the Offense is insufferable and Mac's not firing his 100+ ranked OC is terrible stewardship. Plus it verifies that the extreme weakness of the SEC East accounts for high # of wins. Still, the 'knowledgeables' started him out at 7 wins and if the end of a 1st season were6-6, they'd agree that 6 wins was about what they expected.

There seems to be to much slant towards "nice" coaches and existential CFB.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im blaming all the dumpers and the nasty karma all directed at our program. It is like a 21,000,000 gun salute of it "all sucks all the time". That much negativity has permeated all that is orange and blue. Much like national politics it has devolved into "you either a realist and know we suck and need to come over here or you're just a delusional butter lover"..........Lines have been drawn. Names have been called. Nasty is all over. You can call me what you want but you will have to pry my orange and blue shaker from my cold dead hands before I appear to be a hater of ANYTHING Gator....................it is 4:44am after all.............that's my excuse.

Yeah...so if we all start saying everything is wonderful and nothing is wrong, we will start playing great?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

What exactly is this "blame" for? Are u blaming him for winning the last two SEC East titles despite the absence of a top-notch QB? Or are u blaming him for the top ten recruiting class shaping up for 2018? Or a 3-1 record so far this year? Or flipping F. Franks from LSU? Or r you "blaming" Mac for your dumper attitude because, despite a similar record to Steve Spurrier in his first two and a half years, Mac's frustrating offense is no where near the point-a-minute Fun 'N Gun thrill ride?

I get it. There is plenty of evidence to justify a dumper attitude. But the attitude you take is a choice you make.

Just win, baby.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Late to the thread, but I have always considered myself an optimistic realist. If that makes me a pumper at times then so be it. I think most people would have called me a pumper prior to the season starting, but I also think it is obvious that I am realistic about where this team is and I am not happy with the lack of progress.

I always want the Gators and the current coaching staff to succeed. My hope is always that things get better. I am not sure they will, but I hope they do.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Fans are NOT causing the problem ...........but a piling on penalty could be thrown sometimes........lets go to the replay ;)

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
sitting on the fence, adding positives & negatives, rooting for the Gators, evaluate after the season.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I am a pumper. I want the Gators to win every week and that requires the coach to win. We seem to be improving every week (at least on offense).

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Notice Swamp dislikes something when you are able to OWN and DESTROY him and he has no response...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.