E.J. Manuel benched - Jimbo told NFL he sucked before draft

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n65447 said:
Do they ever watch a guy's college tape before drafting him. The evidence was right there.

He had the look!

:lmao:

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
oxrageous;n65418 said:
They gave him 3 million bucks off the street to come in and start. Horrible.

I would laugh at it all but it's sickening. No room for Tebow in the NFL but lots of losers at QB last for 10 years or more like Orton. EJ will be back starting soon. Yes he needs to sit and learn and I can think of a certain winner he could have learned from. But the joke's on the Bills and the NFL for being scared of 1 man who was a flawed but winning and successful NFL QB.

Can you imagine Tebow in Minny with Yo Adrian instead of Ponder? They would have done something nice together even in that tough division.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Scott512;65635 said:
oxrageous;n65418 said:
I would laugh at it all but it's sickening. No room for Tebow in the NFL but lots of losers at QB last for 10 years or more like Orton. EJ will be back starting soon. Yes he needs to sit and learn and I can think of a certain winner he could have learned from. But the joke's on the Bills and the NFL for being scared of 1 man who was a flawed but winning and successful NFL QB. Can you imagine Tebow in Minny with Yo Adrian instead of Ponder? They would have done something nice together even in that tough division.
When Percy was there...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Common sense sets in finally. And then it went out the window again when the Bills decided Orton was the answer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;65357 said:
Although let's face it, the joke is still on the Bills, because Kyle Orton sucks too.
:lmao:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I was nervous that the Bills finally figured out EJ sucks until the announced Orton as the starter. Talk about going from bad to worse. As a Dolphins fan I love it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n65357 said:
Although let's face it, the joke is still on the Bills, because Kyle Orton sucks too.

They really need Muschamp up there. A marriage made in heaven.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n65418 said:

Every time I hear that Kyle Orton is still being paid as an NFL QB, and not working at Tire Kingdom, it baffles me. He's trolled the game harder than Weis.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n65404 said:
if I remember right didn't McGahee say he left because they have no restaraunts, only an AppleBees.

And don't forget this.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
i doubt its for good b/c.... orton. but itll be a carousel there for a while im sure. there has never been a single fsu qb product that did anything at all in the nfl, winston will not crack that mold either. yes, brad johnson has a ring with tampa, but they won in spite of him and the offense, it was 100% defense that year that got them a ring.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Manuel has all the physical talent but he just processes too slowly in a game.

On the other hand, for as much as a scumbag and idiot that Rapeis is, on the football field he is truly an idiot - savant. He'll drive some NFL Front Office crazy trying to keep him out of trouble with all the talent he shows between the sidelines.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;65856 said:
Every time I hear that Kyle Orton is still being paid as an NFL QB, and not working at Tire Kingdom, it baffles me. He's trolled the game harder than Weis.
:burn:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n65873 said:
i doubt its for good b/c.... orton. but itll be a carousel there for a while im sure. there has never been a single fsu qb product that did anything at all in the nfl, winston will not crack that mold either. yes, brad johnson has a ring with tampa, but they won in spite of him and the offense, it was 100% defense that year that got them a ring.

Did Kannell start for a few years for the Giants for Jim Fassell. As a Cowboys fan, I thank Fassell's poor judgement.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Does Jamarcus Russell even sniff the first round if they watch tape of his games against Florida?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n66162 said:
Does Jamarcus Russell even sniff the first round if they watch tape of his games against Florida?

That's one pick I'll never understand other than the team. You think about that pick and just say "Raiders". A pick so bad it made Kiffin look decent.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So now we find out Jimbo told NFL teams that Manuel sucked.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-manuel-backup

The Buffalo Bills can't blame Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher for overselling them on quarterback EJ Manuel, who was benched last week.

Fisher was adamant throughout the pre-draft evaluation process that he didn't believe Manuel had the tools to be an NFL starter and he shouldn't be any better than a third-round pick, according to sources.

The Bills selected Manuel with the 16th overall pick in the 2013 draft. He has started 14 games for the Bills since being drafted, posting a 6-8 record.

Fisher was extremely positive about Manuel as a person and as a hard worker, but he was very open and honest with teams about how limited he felt Manuel was as a quarterback prospect.

He also told teams that even if Manuel were eligible to return for another season, he had a redshirt freshman quarterback he had been developing, who was waiting in the wings -- a player by the name of Jameis Winston.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Orton is the master of plastic stats. Puts up all his numbers after the game is already lost. Ok, if you're playing Fantasy Football, but a loser in the real game

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.