Eagles’ ‘Greatest Hits’ Overtakes Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ as Best-Selling Album

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I experience a minute amount of appreciation that the prestigious position is no longer held by a child molester.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Don't be so quick to judge...

On November 21, 1980, a 911 call from Henley's home led the L.A. Fire Department to find a naked 16-year-old prostitute who had OD'ed on cocaine. Henley later entered a plea of no contest to the misdemeanor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and received two years' probation. He denied knowing how old she was, insisted he never had sexual contact with her, and all but blamed his roadies for her ingestion of drugs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But Thriller is still the best selling hit by a child molestor, right? Soundtrack from Pee Wee Herman in a distant second place?

Always wondered about the Police. Don't Stand So Close To Me and all.

@stephenPE Corch, were you folks allowed to bang students back then?

Every Breath You Take, certainly a stalker.

Aqualung?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't be so quick to judge...

On November 21, 1980, a 911 call from Henley's home led the L.A. Fire Department to find a naked 16-year-old prostitute who had OD'ed on cocaine. Henley later entered a plea of no contest to the misdemeanor charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and received two years' probation. He denied knowing how old she was, insisted he never had sexual contact with her, and all but blamed his roadies for her ingestion of drugs.
I always wondered as the whole Cosby thing about how many other rockers were worried about how many girls they screwed after giving them drugs.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Not sure why this thread was hijacked to a political topic....someone is cranky.

Not sure who's cranky, but I think pedophiles appear in both parties so it's apolitical.

I am disgusted by them all, no matter what color hat they wear (red maga or pink front hole)

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mojo Nixon sang it best:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not that long ago, I had a chance to listen to Thriller all the way through, it really isn't a good album outside of the big hits. There are some disastrously bad songs on there. Eagles were a great band, and actually had great songs outside of their hits.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But Thriller is still the best selling hit by a child molestor, right? Soundtrack from Pee Wee Herman in a distant second place?

Always wondered about the Police. Don't Stand So Close To Me and all.

@stephenPE Corch, were you folks allowed to bang students back then?

Every Breath You Take, certainly a stalker.

Aqualung?

Which reminds me, can you think of two people shot in the back of the head while watching a show in a theater?

Abraham Lincoln is the easy one.....

........and the guy sitting directly in front of Pee Wee Herman.

:rimshot:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Which reminds me, can you think of two people shot in the back of the head while watching a show in a theater?

Abraham Lincoln is the easy one.....

........and the guy sitting directly in front of Pee Wee Herman.

:rimshot:
:shocked2:

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
The Eagles were definitely a supergroup. The quality of the material they produced was unbelievable. Joe Walsh and Don Felder, in my opinion, were really the ones that gave the band the good kick in the ass that it needed in the mid/late 70's. I saw them live in 2008 and they were pretty great. However, losing Felder in 2001 was a big blow to their sound. Now, it's basically a tribute band playing live. They should have stopped when Glenn died.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Now, it's basically a tribute band playing live. They should have stopped when Glenn died.

Agreed -
I saw them a few months ago and I enjoyed it but without Frey and Felder it kind of felt like “let’s see how long we can keep this going before people begin to notice”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb