Early line for UF v. Michigan

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meatchicken's strength, power running game, versus our 240 lb defensive ends and 260 lb "defensive tackles", lovely. Can't wait to watch the shytshow continue.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If Franks can perform at a decent 4* level, we have a chance. If the O continues the 7 year trend, we're hosed. Plain and simple.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
According to this site:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/01/point_spreads_set_for_week_1_o.html#4

the line is UF +7.5. That seems like a lot when Michigan returns 5 starters and neither kicker, while UF returns 12 starters and both kickers. And yes if you have soured on McElwain a lot of that is a reflection on the difference in head coaches.

Yep its mostly based on the head coaches probably and them remembering the FSU and Bama games. Most stuff is in our favor actually except the QB position. The D line is the only place Michigan returns much from their 2 deep rotation. They have recruited well however.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If he gets blown out in this game we may be truly f vcked next season....First game of the year at a neutral site should have both teams playing a little tight so if it does get out of hand that might have a snowball effect for the rest of the season. We really can't afford that because of our mid season schedule. In other words we could be below .500 in late October.

Yep a bad game here could snowball to a 5 loss season possibly.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Meatchicken's strength, power running game, versus our 240 lb defensive ends and 260 lb "defensive tackles", lovely. Can't wait to watch the shytshow continue.
This..... Throw out the number of starters the kickers the coaches and even the QB's our problem is we don't have 1 sec caliber DT on the roster if CC doesn't gain 30 pounds. Clarke and Bryan are Vanderbilt type players and the dropoff behind them is a level of play that is pre Pell. I hate to be a debbie downer but our recruiting at that position has been terrible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This..... Throw out the number of starters the kickers the coaches and even the QB's our problem is we don't have 1 sec caliber DT on the roster if CC doesn't gain 30 pounds. Clarke and Bryan are Vanderbilt type players and the dropoff behind them is a level of play that is pre Pell. I hate to be a debbie downer but our recruiting at that position has been terrible.

It is pretty bad but we do catch a break with it being the first game. Imagine if was later in the season with our depth on the D line besides the lack of size.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It is pretty bad but we do catch a break with it being the first game. Imagine if was later in the season with our depth on the D line besides the lack of size.
That's why I think it will be a close game. We'll be full strength because it's the first game and we'll be going against some of their inexperience. If this game starts going south before halftime our coaches will have a hell of a time keeping that mindset from setting in everytime we get punched in the face throughout the season....particularly if they're ramming and jamming us 5,6 and 7 yards a run.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
1 sec caliber DT on the roster if CC doesn't gain 30 pounds. Clarke and Bryan are Vanderbilt type players and the dropoff behind them
I like Bryan because I think he makes the most of what he's got......I'd like him better if we still had someone like Brantley next to him. Clarke is Clarke....would love to see him kick it up a gear but I'm not holding my breath on that. CeCe is a DE and really has no business being in the interior of our defensive line unless it's a stunt on a passing down.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love how this is now become the standard response to everything you dont agree with. How on earth am I "butthurt" that would imply that somehow I was "screwed" by the topic in question. Please apply some logic.

So ... is Logic some new Rx rim cream?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

olegator

Jan 23, 2016
FHWDyiRg.jpg

Spanking his puppy....and loving it??

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I love Harbaugh. I think he is a great coach and motivator. The problem is we lose a ton on defense and Nuss is still calling plays on offense.

Mac's record vs ranked teams is poor. This will be a huge test for Mac and Co. A win and wow...a loss? Expected? That will be the narrative.

At some point Mac needs to turn the tide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator