Early line for UF v. Michigan

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I guess our line vs Michigan has gotten closer, but I just don't see us winning that one as of now. Hope Bama and Georgia Tech can pull off wins. Love to see the Dawgs lose, but they'll win. Texas A&M vs Ucla looks interesting.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think a&m loses that one. It's at UCLA and they are sound team. a&m has no defense and no defensive identity, they cant seem to figure out how to not let teams score 30+ per game. They basically just rely on out scoring opponents. Sadly however, they havent been able to get their offense going since manziel left... and with yet another new qb at the helm this year I think that trend continues. A&m takes a nose dive this year and sumlin is either canned or sitting on an inferno of a hot seat.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Over the last 2 years we're 16-1 vs teams ranked lower on the team talent composite but only 3-7 against teams ranked higher on the team talent composite. So in other words we win the majority of the time against the team's we're supposed to beat but lose against teams with better talent. I'm pretty sure Michigan has the best roster but it will be interesting to see where we are once this year's composite comes out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is we are rocketing downward in the team talent composite. Therefore we can keep on saying "we are only losing the ones we are supposed to" more often!!!! :stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars::stars:

The fact that we've faced 5 teams each year with more talent is completely unacceptable.

I presume this year the number is 6-8.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Over the last 2 years we're 16-1 vs teams ranked lower on the team talent composite but only 3-7 against teams ranked higher on the team talent composite. So in other words we win the majority of the time against the team's we're supposed to beat but lose against teams with better talent. I'm pretty sure Michigan has the best roster but it will be interesting to see where we are once this year's composite comes out.

That is the major story of Mac's career. The problem with this is he can't out-recruit FSU/Bammer/UGA/LSU on a year to year basis. You saw the overzealous cheers for a class that barely cracked the top ten(and in most years was really the 13th or 14th rated class because of star distribution).

And it's not changing this year either.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
That is the major story of Mac's career. The problem with this is he can't out-recruit FSU/Bammer/UGA/LSU on a year to year basis. You saw the overzealous cheers for a class that barely cracked the top ten(and in most years was really the 13th or 14th rated class because of star distribution).

And it's not changing this year either.
Only way recruiting trends upwards is if we replicate last years SEC record and beat FSU. The only way we beat FSU is if we go into that game without a bunch of injuries and they have a bunch of injuries...otherwise they'll smoke our ass once again!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think a&m loses that one. It's at UCLA and they are sound team. a&m has no defense and no defensive identity, they cant seem to figure out how to not let teams score 30+ per game. They basically just rely on out scoring opponents. Sadly however, they havent been able to get their offense going since manziel left... and with yet another new qb at the helm this year I think that trend continues. A&m takes a nose dive this year and sumlin is either canned or sitting on an inferno of a hot seat.

So your saying even we're guaranteed to score 30 plus against them when we play this year?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Only way recruiting trends upwards is if we replicate last years SEC record and beat FSU. The only way we beat FSU is if we go into that game without a bunch of injuries and they have a bunch of injuries...otherwise they'll smoke our ass once again!

I think actually putting an exciting offense out on the field for a change would drastically improve recruiting.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:stars:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac & his recruit-crew need to brainstorm with UF's Master's Degree in Advertising people and PR GAs and also read some CFB experts' books on tricks of the trade recruiting books. Learn and devise a knockout "casual" convincing presentation (also left on DVD so recruit & parents can watch every time another school makes them consider them). Include some Gator social media "Raves" #s. (Any new UF HC-team should do this -- only the better advertising sells.)

As stated, beat FSU and our recruiting-Ads take a boost in boast. Same for putting a fun offense in "on-field" on-TV operation. Let television & highlights show sideline defensive Gators joy-jumping over admirable offensive plays to TDs and let TV show sideline offensive Gators elated over a smack-stuffed defensive 3 & outs. That will grab much better recruits.

As much as I dislike Mac's phoney-facade of Zen -- with offensive dominance, that will come off perfect to recruits & their worried-guiding parents. 2017 is the year to create all that. Go Franks, Go Gators. The 2017 new-era season is coming and the pump-handle should draw high -- our players need the prime.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Final rankings, only thanks.

Depending on which rankings you use doesnt change the results of that the Buttertoothed Sharkhumper is 2-8 vs ranked teams and has been on the receiving end of 7 blowouts.

He is like the new punk in prison getting pounded by everyone for cigarettes.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Final rankings, only thanks.

Depending on which rankings you use doesnt change the results of that the Buttertoothed Sharkhumper is 2-8 vs ranked teams and has been on the receiving end of 7 blowouts.

He is like the new punk in prison getting pounded by everyone for cigarettes.
Nope gotta be rankings at the time they played because the outcome of said game would affect final rankings. Again it's ok to be critical but just try to keep to the facts. And as a side note what should his record have been with Treon as his QB and the 6 olinemen that Muschamp left him with?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

If there's any consolation, it's that under Chump we routinely lost to teams of inferior talent.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If there's any consolation, it's that under Chump we routinely lost to teams of inferior talent.
I'm getting a little over the consolation prizes around here....What I miss most is the days when even if we weren't at our best......still nobody really wanted to play us and if it were at our place a lot of opposing fans would just chalk up a loss before the game was played.
For close to 20 years the only team I wasn't completely sure we would destroy was FSU.....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nope gotta be rankings at the time they played because the outcome of said game would affect final rankings. Again it's ok to be critical but just try to keep to the facts. And as a side note what should his record have been with Treon as his QB and the 6 olinemen that Muschamp left him with?

So if a team was say 10th in week one then goes on to be 4-8...and we beat them in week one you would say...Mac beat a top ten team?

GTFO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator