Early Vegas odds for the National Championship

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Screenshot_2017-05-13-10-59-32.png We currently have worst odds than Penn state,UGA,Louisville,Auburn,Washington,ND,and a f'ing Texas team who went 5-7? Texas has been down longer than we have yet Vegas is giving them better odds? This is just another example of how little confidence people has in our current staff!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We currently have worst odds than Penn state,UGA,Louisville,Auburn,Washington,ND,and a f'ing Texas team who went 5-7? Texas has been down longer than we have yet Vegas is giving them better odds? This is just another example of how little confidence people has in our current staff!
It's not just staff, which is the majority, but also conference. Again, the Bama Affect keeps our odds of winning low.

Here's a better view for you.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/futures/

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The Semenholes could be completely out of the picture by week three. Open with Bammer, then host scUM in week three. Amazing that FSU has won 7 straight against scUM and still trail the all-time series. USC could back into the title game since their two toughest road games are at Notre Dame and at Arizona State.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It's not just staff, which is the majority, but also conference. Again, the Bama Affect keeps our odds of winning low.

Do you think UAL keeps other SEC teams odds down more than Ohio State keeps down the odds of other Big Cant Count Past 10 teams?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think UAL keeps other SEC teams odds down more than Ohio State keeps down the odds of other Big Cant Count Past 10 teams?
Considering 2 other B1G teams have better odds than the 2nd SEC team, the answer would be yes.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Considering 2 other B1G teams have better odds than the 2nd SEC team, the answer would be yes.

My view that 2 of the other Big cant count past 10 teams have better odds than the second SEC team could be due to the fact that the public views a more limited number of teams in that conference to be good. If you are U of Miss and beat UAL in the SEC you have enough other tough games on the schdule that you may not win the west. If you are are Michigan and somehow beat Ohio State, there are fewer other threats to beat you on the schedule. I am not sure if that is true, but that could be one intepretation of the behavior of the betting public.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I totally disagree, we have way more odds on our coach-staff.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My view that 2 of the other Big cant count past 10 teams have better odds than the second SEC team could be due to the fact that the public views a more limited number of teams in that conference to be good. If you are U of Miss and beat UAL in the SEC you have enough other tough games on the schdule that you may not win the west. If you are are Michigan and somehow beat Ohio State, there are fewer other threats to beat you on the schedule. I am not sure if that is true, but that could be one intepretation of the behavior of the betting public.
I see your point but I think it's more like this:

Meyer and Saban are the two best coaches in the country. 1a & 1b and you could argue either way.

Who's the 2nd best coach in the SEC? Harbaugh is certainly 10x better. I'd say Franklin is 5x better. You think Orgeron is actually the 2nd best in the SEC or they are rated due to talent?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You think Orgeron is actually the 2nd best in the SEC or they are rated due to talent?

Really the question to me would be IF they were to beat UAL, who has the best shot at holding on and winning the west or in a late season opponent like AU's case who has the best chance of arriving at the game unbeaten? So I think it is a combination of coaching staff and talent and LSU of course has a pretty talented roster and a hot new OC to go along with Orgeron who is somewhat respected as a defensive coach.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
What's the big deal? Did anyone expect us to be an odds on favorite? We are 16th on this list. That's about right.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All the odds in the world don't mean crap. It's how you play on the field that matters. Mac said we're gonna bust the door down on the SEC this year. I'm looking forward to it!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
All the odds in the world don't mean crap. It's how you play on the field that matters. Mac said we're gonna bust the door down on the SEC this year. I'm looking forward to it!
He also said he could win with his dog at QB. In other words...I wouldn't get my hopes up! However if wins the SEC with our roster I think most of Gator Nation will be stoked. Hell if we win the games we're supposed to and beat Tennessee,UGA and Ronald McDonald state I'll be happy! #ChompChomp

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Until he shows it on the field...dude is full of it. He's just happy to be here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
4000:1? Im not sure if Id bet on us scoring an offensive TD versus a ranked team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...l-nussmeier-plus-mcelwain-darn-near-cheating/

Most of the questions will undoubtedly come on the offensive side of the ball where Coach Mac will put his expertise to use. But his reported hiring of fellow former Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier, according to Sports Illustrated’s Thayer Evans, may be the hire that puts this entire operation over the top.

When it comes to offensive football, there’s nothing like having continuity in your scheme and philosophy.

There’s a lot to be said for continuity in football; both McElwain and Nussmeier have similar philosophies on offense, yet both have subtle differences they will draw upon to make Florida’s offense a complete machine.

It’s been widely written that the Florida fan base prefers to throw it all around the yard, like back in the glory days of Steve Spurrier, but it may have to settle for some good ol’ fashioned balance on offense.

Yep, just when you thought it was safe to play Florida…

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11987953/florida-gators-introduce-coach-jim-mcelwain

More importantly to the Gators, he was ultra-confident that he can and will get what used to be one of the most feared offenses in the Southeastern Conference back to being a juggernaut.

"I believe I can win with my dog Claire-a-bell," McElwain said. "There are good players here. It's our responsibility to get that going."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its put up or shut up time for Mac and his offense this season. We were the worst overall offense in the SEC last season and also had the worst rushing attack in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.