Easy games out of the way! Now it gets hard

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n50393 said:
You guys can just declare that all you want, but the defense isn't fine and hasn't been fine since Floyd, Hunter, Easley, Elam, and Bostic left.

I agree but It does look like the rushing defense has been improved - that secondary besides VH3 looked real bad in the 2nd half last night. I hope we aren't looking at an 07 type deal there again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm very worried about the tough games. Being that we can't cover anybody we are in trouble.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Playing the way we played last night, especially on defense, it is not difficult for me to see us 0-5 during this stretch. Playing the way we're capable of - more like what we saw against EMU (pace, execution and confidence even though they were an awful opponent) - 4-1 or 3-2 are very possible.

The talent is there. I just wish we could put it all together....

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really Law? The defense allowed absolutely nothing until they got so tired from the offense. They'll clean up the coverages, and we stopped their run game almost all night instead of a couple Qb scrambles.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The defense took advantage of the Driskel Clone on the other side until he figured out he could just float anything downfield and our Dbs were helpless. They didn't get or should have gotten tired because we dominated TOP.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is we have the bye week to prepare for Tennessee.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw said:
Really Law? The defense allowed absolutely nothing until they got so tired from the offense. They'll clean up the coverages, and we stopped their run game almost all night instead of a couple Qb scrambles.
In fairness just like last season our defense was on the field for less plays then the other teams defense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw said:
How were they tired? We racked up almost 600 yards of offense and dominated TOP. We ran the ball at will in the second half, which is the half our defense disappeared. The excuses from some of you are simply ridiculous at this point. What next...calling UK a powerhouse? Oh wait...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw said:
Yep we played 16 less plays on defense than KY

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I am afraid USCe is also now back to teetering into the L column as well.
​FSU? well, its a 'rivalry' game, so there is always a chance. It happens.

Florida won, but Will Muschamp's seat isn't getting any cooler

By Jerry Hinnen | College Football Writer

September 14, 2014 1:19 am ET
But after Saturday night's death-defying escape, it's only getting more difficult to think the evidence we've got is building a convincing case. Even with Robinson going nuclear, the Gators' revamped offense didn't score a touchdown until the 4:27 mark of the third quarter, at home -- and that came after Driskel threw a certain pick that bounced miraculously into the hands of Robinson to get the Gators inside the 20. Even with an advantage in both total yards and turnover margin, the Gators still needed overtime to see off a team that went 0-8 in the SEC last season -- at home. Even with a raw talent advantage at virtually every position on the field, the Gators came within one 4th-and-7 conversion (one that very, very likely should have been a possible 4th-and-12 conversion, given that the snap appeared to come after the expiration of the play-clock) of losing as an 18-point favorite -- at home.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ing-any-cooler

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n50307 said:
We're looking at being 2-5 or 3-4 after this stretch of games. If we can keep the streak alive against UT and pull an upset in one of the others, we'll be 4-3. We will be heavy underdogs in all of those games...except for maybe UT.

… lightweight underdogs

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious said:
I am afraid USCe is also now back to teetering into the L column as well.
​FSU? well, its a 'rivalry' game, so there is always a chance. It happens.

Florida won, but Will Muschamp's seat isn't getting any cooler

By Jerry Hinnen | College Football Writer

September 14, 2014 1:19 am ET
But after Saturday night's death-defying escape, it's only getting more difficult to think the evidence we've got is building a convincing case. Even with Robinson going nuclear, the Gators' revamped offense didn't score a touchdown until the 4:27 mark of the third quarter, at home -- and that came after Driskel threw a certain pick that bounced miraculously into the hands of Robinson to get the Gators inside the 20. Even with an advantage in both total yards and turnover margin, the Gators still needed overtime to see off a team that went 0-8 in the SEC last season -- at home. Even with a raw talent advantage at virtually every position on the field, the Gators came within one 4th-and-7 conversion (one that very, very likely should have been a possible 4th-and-12 conversion, given that the snap appeared to come after the expiration of the play-clock) of losing as an 18-point favorite -- at home.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ing-any-cooler
That doesn't sound like a positive review

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
You guys can just declare that "defense will be fine" all you want, but it hasn't been fine since Floyd, Hunter, Easley, Elam, and Bostic left.

We can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, and make bottom rung QBs look like Dan Marino consistently.
Don't forget Dan Quinn

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n50393 said:
You guys can just declare that "defense will be fine" all you want, but it hasn't been fine since Floyd, Hunter, Easley, Elam, and Bostic left.

We can't stop the run, can't stop the pass, and make bottom rung QBs look like Dan Marino consistently.
Can't stop the run? Who's run on us this year? We won't know how our run D is until Bama.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr said:
I will definitely need more booze. But its all good.
You were "that guy" next to me last night, weren't you?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
We're looking at being 2-5 or 3-4 after this stretch of games. If we can keep the streak alive against UT and pull an upset in one of the others, we'll be 4-3. We will be heavy underdogs in all of those games...except for maybe UT.
i wouldnt be suprised if we end up a dog against UT. the way weve both played we look about the same but after yesterday they will probably think UT's offense is a bit better...and they are at home. I could be wrong and Im not a vegas guy, but I wouldnt be surprised if we are the dog in all 5 of those games.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We can beat Tennessee. Our personnel can hang with any of those teams, but our team, with our coaching, will go 1-4.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We had to block a punt in 2012 to beat Louisiana Lafayette and still won 11 games. Just trying to cling to any reasoning for me to believe we'll be alright this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.