Edward Aschoff picks Florida to win Basketball National Title

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You'll have to excuse me as I laugh at fools who break the law overseas. It's as if they think other countries are as lenient as we are. Do they pay no attention at all in social studies?

Do they not understand that the black privilege that we have here does not sell so much in other countries. That is one of the problems of being among the 1%.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do they not understand that the black privilege that we have here does not sell so much in other countries. That on one of the problems of being among the 1%.

It has nothing to do with race. Most other countries have much stricter punishments than we do. In many other countries you can lose your hand for what's considered a "misdemeanor" here in the US. My post had nothing to do with race. It's about young US people traveling to a foreign country and willfully breaking the law. It's utter stupidity to the 1000th degree.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It has nothing to do with race. Most other countries have much stricter punishments than we do. In many other countries you can lose your hand for what's considered a "misdemeanor" here in the US. My post had nothing to do with race. It's about young US people traveling to a foreign country and willfully breaking the law. It's utter stupidity to the 1000th degree.

Young US citizens traveling and breaking the law has nothing to do with race and nobody said your post had to do with race. These guys view of themselves as privileged and able to get away with such things, may have to do with their race.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
UF is certainly in the conversation but on the outside fringe of the conversation to win it all this year. Considering that in 2006, UF was not even ranked pre-season, this is a good thing.

I think UF has all the pieces for a run, IF Mike White will play the pieces:

PG: UF has a solid PG IF Chiozza builds on last season rather than regress as he did in his Soph after have a big game. Allen has shown the last couple of exhibitions with Chiozza out that he can handle the backup spot.

SG: In Allen and Hudson UF has good skill, depth and size. My one worry in the exhibition games is that Hudson seems to want to pick up the slack and commit all the live ball turnovers UF lost with Hill leaving.

SF: Koulechov is off to a good shooting start from the arc. His rebound is ok so far, but he needs to be a consistent rebounder from the 3. Stone can pick up the other minutes here as he has the range for SF and allows UF to go big.

PF/C: UF can go two real bigs ala Horford and Noah with Hayes, Bassett, Gak and Egbunu when he is healthy. Stone too can contribute here and brings good skill to this position.

So UF has all the positions covered with good experienced players. I worry Mike White might be in love with the idea of 3 or even 4 guard lineups. While 3 guard lineups can win you lots of regular season games, I worry that they won't win the tourney. So I hope to see UF use regular lineups and even going big from time to time.
Thanks for the nice summary.

PG worries me a little from what you listed. Do we have any other PG's ready to play? Having only Cheese, then Allen playing out of position as the only backup sounds like one injury, suspension or foul trouble away from disaster.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Thanks for the nice summary.

PG worries me a little from what you listed. Do we have any other PG's ready to play? Having only Cheese, then Allen playing out of position as the only backup sounds like one injury, suspension or foul trouble away from disaster.

I think now after a couple of exhibition games that Allen would be ok at PG. The bigger issue to me is that UF only has 4 guards to take up 80 minutes at guard. So if one of Chiozza, Allen and Hudson is hurt, then either Okauru has to play serious minutes or Koulechov has to play some SG. Okauru might be ok, but we don't know that yet.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think now after a couple of exhibition games that Allen would be ok at PG. The bigger issue to me is that UF only has 4 guards to take up 80 minutes at guard. So if one of Chiozza, Allen and Hudson is hurt, then either Okauru has to play serious minutes or Koulechov has to play some SG. Okauru might be ok, but we don't know that yet.
But Allen playing extensive minutes at point, even if he is fully capable will take away some of the scoring potential of our best offensive player. Plus if he or Cheese roll and ankle we could be screwed.

Are any of these other guards getting minutes at point?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/roster/_/id/57/florida-gators

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Putting minutes in at PG seems to lower Allen's FG accuracy??
Gak looks to be the most improved from his last year self. I hope White lets him play his skill into Egbunu's style and position (C).

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Gak looks to be the most improved from his last year self. I hope White lets him play his skill into Egbunu's style and position (C).

Yep, Gak seems much improved and UF is very deep at C. That is why I hope that Hayes and Bassett can man the PF mostly letting up play big.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
The only real PG besides Chiozza is Okauru. He is both a true frosh and horrors of horrors around here a 3 star. He has looked to have a good handle in the exhibition we could see. So if Chiozza were to go down, then he would need to step up.
Holy Crap, only 3 Stars. Dude shouldn't even be allowed to fill the Gatorade cups, let alone step onto the court.... Wait, wasn't Jokaim Noah a three star?... On the other hand, White is killing it on the recruiting trail. Kids seem to wanna play for him. Soon enough there ain't gonna be much room for no 3-star bench warmers. Okauru can still contribute though. We need him to step up and provide depth for sure. Play sound defense and distribute the basketball young man. Gators gonna go far this year. Book it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.